Dublin Meet-up

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
Lookatme

Re: Dublin Meet-up

Post by Lookatme »

Chubi wrote:I have a practical - and yes, somewhat serious - question: Is it likely or at least possible that the weather is such that wearing wellies at the concert might be a good idea? I will travel around Ireland during two weeks and wonder if I should pack them in my suitcase. I'd hate sitting for hours with wet feet but don't want to bring along something unnecessary.
Véronique

Here is a simple answer and suggestion, instead of lugging Wellington boots around with you, bring to the concert at least four bin bags and a roll of electrical tape. :idea:

If it gets sodden just step into the bin bags doubled up and tape the tops up, not too tight so as to restrict your circulation, as it is seated and you don't walk around you there is no danger of slipping and they should remain unpunctured for the duration! 8)

When the concert has finished roll them up and place them in a bin leaving you free to not have to go out on the town or The Brazen Head in your Wellies :D
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

Do I understand this right? There will be meet-ups in the Brazen Head pub after the shows on 14th and 15th Sept. as well? - I'm just asking because apparently most forum members will attend the shows on the 11th and 12th ...

Also ... this Brazen Head pub, is this a good place to talk? Or is it too noisy?
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Hartmut wrote:Do I understand this right? There will be meet-ups in the Brazen Head pub after the shows on 14th and 15th Sept. as well? - I'm just asking because apparently most forum members will attend the shows on the 11th and 12th ...

Also ... this Brazen Head pub, is this a good place to talk? Or is it too noisy?
I've never been there so no idea! Does anyone know if there is a bar extension on the Tuesday and Wednesday? If not a plan B is needed as Irish pubs have last orders during the week at 11.30pm which would be problamatic with the concerts due to end at 11pm and according to Google Maps The Brazen head is a 25 minute walk from Kilmainham or specifically the IMMA. Hence why I won't be there before any of the concerts as going to listen to all the soundchecks (outside the venue obviously).
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
FatherDougal

Post by FatherDougal »

Just phoned The Brazen Head - last orders on weekdays ie Mon, Tues, Wed , thurs 12mn; 12.30 am @ w/es.
Info & pics : www.brazenhead.com.

If we want to arrange anything extra, one could try an email to info@ brazenhead.com - might be worth a try ??
Well, Ted, as I said last time, it won't happen again.
pauleile

Post by pauleile »

Just heard back from the promoters POD about start time and got the following reply:
Leonard will be on stage at 7:15, sorry for delay. It was only confirmed today.
Diane

Post by Diane »

That's handy to know, Pauliele.
musicmania wrote: according to Google Maps The Brazen head is a 25 minute walk from Kilmainham or specifically the IMMA.
We walked to the concerts from the BH last time Gwen and it was more like 15mins. Google estimate must be for the amblers!

Father D, do let us know if they agree to a bar extension on the concert days. We can ask them when we are there otherwise?, on Tuesday, or Monday (I won't be there on Monday).
FatherDougal

Post by FatherDougal »

Diane et al,

I've requested info from Brazen Head re extension. I will post reply as soon
as received.
Lemon haired Lady

Post by Lemon haired Lady »

I'm arriving morning of 11th and staying at Riverhouse Hotel which I believe is a pub in Temple Bar. if anyone is staying nearby and wants to join up to go to Brazen Head please PM me as I have no idea of the geography of Dublin and would welcome some company

Carole
Diane

Post by Diane »

OK thank you Father D. Failing that, do you Gwen, or does anyone, have an alternative suggestion for the weekday post-concert meets?

Welcome to the forum, Carole! I hope you find someone who can accompany you. Failing that, do come to the Brazen Head from lunchtime on any of the concert days. You will find us a friendly lot. (also see PM)

Tomorrow, I sail across the Irish Sea:-)
Lookatme

Post by Lookatme »

Saw Leonard last night in Wembley, great night for being inside, it was 27 degs on the outside, nice night for a field maybe!

Concert was great and so was Leonard himself, always the gent and a personal heartfelt apology he gave to all The Hop Farm Refugees was appreciated.

Aer Lingus have put my flight back four hours, to a time suited to minimize my disruption, so they tell me! I will be in the Ashling early evening, so will be finding my way to the Brazen Head for about nine tomorrow night.

If anyone wants to meet up please pm me and I will give you my mobile.

Look forward to it :D
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

Anyone meeting tonight (Monday) in Dublin? Somewhat nifty and I will be in town. nice to catch up with old friends, make some new!
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
Conny

Post by Conny »

...just printed my boarding pass and happily looking forward to meeting you tomorrow at the Brazen head...
See you soon :)
Conny
1976&79: Frankfurt| 2008: Lörrach/Berlin/Frankf./Hamburg/Oberhausen| 2009: Cologne/Berlin/Colmar/Barcelona/Vegas/S.José| 2010: Salzburg/Berlin/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseille/Hannover/Dortmund/Stuttgart/Warsaw/Vegas
2012: Gent/Amsterdam/Berlin/London/Dublin/Verona/Toulon/Paris/Barcelona/Madrid
2013: Paris/Antwerp/Mannheim/Brussels/Rome/Lucca/Berlin/Lodz/Prague/Vienna/Pula/Odense/Manchester/Leeds/London/Rotterdam/Amsterdam
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

burningviolin wrote:Anyone meeting tonight (Monday) in Dublin? Somewhat nifty and I will be in town. nice to catch up with old friends, make some new!
We will be in Dublin tonight, staying around the O'Connell Street area. I'll message you later.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
FatherDougal

Post by FatherDougal »

Brazen Head update:

Told the following on phone today - they don't do extensions
No managers available today, Monday, to take my call; They wouldn't address email enquiries until late Tues - emails sent last Thurs;
Mon- Thurs last drinks @ 12mn; Fri-Sat 12.30am; Food served daily until 9.30pm.

I do know that you can order late drinks in hotels that you are resident/staying in.

Happy drinking
Lookatme

Post by Lookatme »

Just boarding on my way. PM me

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”