VERONA MEETUP REPORT

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
liverpoolken

Re: Verona meet-up in september

Post by liverpoolken »

hello andrea

the memories came flooding back this afternoon as i walked past the imagina bar in the campo st margherita ...remember back in 2009 when you organised the meet-up in 'the flying dutchman' then organised the massive down-pour of rain while were all still sitting outside enjoying our drinks and each other's company...even tom sakic managed to produce an umbrella from somewhere to shelter himself from the rain...then remember how you organised the rain to stop just before the concert started....then that mad dash after the concert over the academia bridge thru the back cracks and alley ways of venice to the imagina bar in campo st. margherita ...i think we lost a few folk on the way but i know that as usual our fearless and indomitable leader jarkko made it thru the night to sup a few last drinks with us all...

happy days and happy (very late) nights

a big thanks again from me to you and jarkko for enabling us all to come together again in such happy circumstances...ta ken

imagina bar campo st margherita 20.09.2012 and not a cohenist in sight....
v2.jpg
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
ROBERTO

Post by ROBERTO »

me too!
Andrea ci sono anch'io! potresti ricapitolare ora e luogo del meeting?
see you in Verona friends!!!
andrea

Post by andrea »

vedi pagina 5 e 6.....´read page 5 an 6 for indications
ce tutto
ciao
Andrea
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
Janie

Post by Janie »

Hi Andrea,
Thanks for all your hard work in organising this meet-up. Unfortunately I didn't register in time to join in with everything but hope to be able to catch up with forum members at the pre and post concert venues. Looking forward to a fabulous evening on Monday.
andrea

Post by andrea »

HI Ken,

thank you for the trip down memory lane ;-)
I know exactly how it feels beeing in Venice, walking around the places we all stayed togehter...and then on your own missing the cohenites :cry: ;-)
In a few days in Verona we will be able to experience a new italian cohen concert and "little" event .
Enjoy Venice, hugs
Andrea and Marco
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

See you on Sunday and Monday. From Zagreb, Juraj and his wife Sunčana and I are coming on Sunday, plus Paul and his son Luka on Monday:)
jackiet

Post by jackiet »

Hi Andrea

I didn't sign up either but hope to go to the pre or post concert meet ups.
As the weather forecast is unfortunately for rain on Monday, will the concert still go ahead? Also I have read that you need to take something to sit on, I am row 7 in the front stalls, is that the cae? Also, are you allowed to take food and drink into the arena (obviously to be consumed before the concert or during the interval?
Many thanks.
Enjoy the concert everyone, I can't wait, saw him on this tour in Ghent and London and he was awesome, I think even better than the last tour (if that's possible)!
Jackie
andrea

Post by andrea »

Hi, The weather forecast is changing every day, so it is surely not the final forecast and I am still trustworthy that it will not rain :oops:

Until yesterday it was always good weather on the preview...

I doubt that eating and drinking will be allowed. Times have changed it Italy :-(
It is even forbidden in Verona to eat on the street or on benches in the centre or on the steps in the city.
Mind the fine....(penality) they are quite severe in Verona.

See you
Andrea
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

...i opened an old venice guide book this morning and this ticket fell out.. i'm usually not one for the occult or the supernatural but i have taken this to be an omen for good weather in verona...so despite paul slitting the throats of dozens of his sacrifical chickens in zagreb doing his best to invoke heavy and persistent rain for the concert we can all now relax as leonard's ticket from 2009 has appeared from seemingly nowhere and has spoken to us...

...btw if it does rain we will know who to blame won't we....ta ken
v9.jpg
basecamp

Verona meet-up in september

Post by basecamp »

Thanks Ken! Was loosing my religion...
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

Packing blue raincoat :oops: :oops:
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Thanks for the encouragement Ken - I am just packing and saw the forecast of thunderstorms...:(( Let's hope. I cannot decide what to wear so I am taking few suits combination with me:) Let's hope I can buy famous blue raincoat somewhere, or that I will not need it.
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

tom...i hope the weather is in our favour for monday...but after being in dublin and suffering two of the worse behaved and disrespectful audiences at an LC concerts i've ever attended the weather is the least of my worries...and come rain or shine we will always have sharon singing 'alexandra leaving' for us which i personally would suffer whatever the elements decide to throw at us on monday....ta ken
andrea

Post by andrea »

Today Sunday 23 rd september....

for those being already in Verona I suggest to buy L´Arena daily local Verona newspaper.
An article about the cohenites and about Cohen (page 40 and 78)

Enjoy it and those on the way....have a safe trip

Andrea & Marco

....and we really wish ...no rain please......it is not cold, but we all prefer dry weather...
basecamp

Verona meet-up in september

Post by basecamp »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348398907.350702.jpg
Andrea a few year before she become famous!
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”