LISBON connection MEETUP

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
magdasto

LISBON connection MEETUP

Post by magdasto »

I suppose many of you are lurking into this page and constantly refreshing Forum topics just in case jarkko gets the hint from AEG and publishes the presale links and password. And then I thought that probably I miss the Man as much as my fellow cohenites and decided to start this topic and wait till october 7th by your side.
I am looking forward to meeting you all and hanging out in Lisbon on Saturday 6th... So see you there!
Last edited by magdasto on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beyond the myths and the masks the soul remains alone...
annmarie

Re: LISBON connection

Post by annmarie »

Thanks for starting this topic, I was just about to start something on Lisbon!
I'm also eagerly awaiting the Password for presale, hoping to be in Portugal for my birthday!
It's an indoor venue? I'm not very familiar with Lisbon, will be staying in Sagres. :D
I just hope the presale doesn't clash with Dublin......!
magdasto

Post by magdasto »

Hi!

Looking forward to meeting you in Lisbon! The venue is at the former Expo '98. Leonard did this gig twice already and it has pretty good acustics. You may want to have a look at it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavilh%C3% ... C3%A2ntico. It is very easy to get to from wherever you come, including Sagres.
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

Hi Magda
Received your mail--tried to reply,but it bounced back!! Stupid computer of mine. :?
Great you have started this topic--so I can see whats going on.
When I received your email I thought OMG !!! I could never,ever believe he would plan another tour--so thank you for telling me xxxx
I am now living back in the UK---where so far no concerts are planned--but hopefully he may yet squeeze in a few!!
I would have certainly gone back to Lisbon for the 7th October---Folks,reading this..Lisbon is a WONDERFUL place to see "The Man".A brilliant audience.However I can´t :cry: :cry: :cry:
I am heading off to India on the 2nd October !!! Whats the chance of him playing here?????
BUT--it sounds as if this could be a long tour again,so he may come back to Lisbon in 2013--in which case I shall definitely be there.
Still,I shall be thinking of you all on the 7th--well,I shall try--but maybe will be trekking up mountains in the Himaylans!!
Love to you Magda--and everyone else from Lisbon---Bluebird..Are you reading this tread?? And Magda if you get ANOTHER set list--save it for me--OK??? :D :D xxxxxxx
magdasto

Post by magdasto »

catswhiskers wrote: if you get ANOTHER set list--save it for me--OK??? :D :D xxxxxxx
deal! as far as i happen to get an autograph... THE autograph, i mean...
have a great time, there, on the top of the world, while we will be in the 7th heaven in the Atlantic Hall on October 7th.
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

Thanks Magda---I will !!! a little bit of me is thinking about rearranging my India trip--but I shall lose too much money.
just holding on to the chance he may play in the UK.Everything is crossed !!!!
magdasto

Post by magdasto »

Hello Friends!

After a terribly hectic morning and only thanks to the one and only crazy portuguese cohenite from Porto may I say: see you in Lisbon!
Now lets think about a meetup.
Love to all
annmarie

Post by annmarie »

magdasto wrote:Hi!

Looking forward to meeting you in Lisbon! The venue is at the former Expo '98. Leonard did this gig twice already and it has pretty good acustics. You may want to have a look at it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavilh%C3% ... C3%A2ntico. It is very easy to get to from wherever you come, including Sagres.
Thanks Magda! What a debacle this morning, but finally got 2nd row tickets!
I may need help later re accommodation. I think it would be too late to return to Sagres after the gig.
Look forward to meeting you! :)
boirina

Post by boirina »

I'm here to thank the same crazy cohenite from Porto.

See you all in Lisbon!
* Palma 1988 * Lisboa 2008 * Lisboa 2009 *
* Palma 2009 * Lisboa 2010 * Lisboa 2012 *
magdasto

Re: LISBON connection MEETUP

Post by magdasto »

Hi guys,

I've just changed the name of the topic for MEETUP so that we all try and organize a nice gathering... And who knows, maybe we'll manage to invite Mr. Cohen himself!

Love to you all,
Magda
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

Magda

Thanks for organising this. Jasmina and I will visit Lisbon for the whole week end so it is great that there will be a meet-up. I notice that the arena is a long way (some 10km if I got it right) from the old centre of Lisbon, Is this a problem in terms of getting to or from the venue by public transport (bearing in mind that the concert should last until midnight at least!). We would very much like to stay in the centre of Lisbon I think. Thank-you, Paul
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
harald

Post by harald »

Good idea to start the meetup thread - thanks!
Regina and me will arrive in Lisboa Saturday early afternoon.
Looking forward to meet many friends!

About transport to the arena:
The Pivalhao Atlantico on the Expo area is easy to reach by underground. Alternatively taxis are surprisingly cheap in Lisboa.
Harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
hazey

Post by hazey »

Thanks Magda for starting this thread and organizing the meeting.
I will arrive in Lisbon on Saturday in the late evening.
Look forward to seeing you all!
1988 : Madrid / 2008 : London O2 Jul 17 / 2009: Madrid, Bilbao / 2010: Lisboa, Tours / 2012: Paris 2x, Madrid, Lisboa / 2013: Paris, Roma, Brighton
boirina

Post by boirina »

I've already booked my plane tickets. I'll arrive in Lisbon on the 6th at noon and I'll leave on Monday, very early in the morning. It will be a very short visit this time, but I work on Monday afternoon and that was the only way to make it to work on time. I'll be staying with a friend in the area of Alcântara, which means I won't have to worry about accommodation.
* Palma 1988 * Lisboa 2008 * Lisboa 2009 *
* Palma 2009 * Lisboa 2010 * Lisboa 2012 *
blue_bird

Post by blue_bird »

Love to you Magda--and everyone else from Lisbon---Bluebird..Are you reading this tread?? And Magda if you get ANOTHER set list--save it for me--OK??? :D :D xxxxxxx[/quote]

Hello! Yes...I'm here... In fact it is a pity that you can not come to Lisbon in October, but let me say that I do not believe that this tour does not go through London, it seems to me impossible because everything is in London and Cohen in the near future back to the UK certainly... Greetings from Lisboa
Coliseu dos Recreios Lisboa 1988, Passeio Marítimo de Algés Lisboa 2008, Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2009, Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2010 (Meet Cohen at a cafe on the main Lisbon's avenue on the concert's eve), Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2012

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”