Lucky People

The New York Event - before and after!
Andrew McGeever

Lucky People

Post by Andrew McGeever »

I wanted to attend the L.C. events in N.Y. next week. I would LOVE to be there, but circumstances dictate otherwise.
The best I can offer, and it's from the heart, is to wish all the participants a fabulous time, and a safe journey home.
"Wish You Were Here"........

Andrew.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That's truly lovely, Andrew. Thank you very much. I also was very much hoping you'd be able to attend. I'll bet you make it to Berlin, though :wink: !

Thanks again!

~ Elizabeth
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

I completely echo Andrew's comments :!: (What is it with us Andrews that we aren't able to make it? :( )

I will do my utmost to get to Berlin though! :D

Cheers :)
Andrew (Darby)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

YaY to Berlin!!!

I'm not sure what Andrew McGeever's reasons are for not coming, but when it comes to Andrew Darby's, I can say that having checked out plane fares from the U.S. to Australia, it's not too hard to figure :shock: .

Blessings on those who have somehow managed, regardless. Pretty pricey coming from that far!
Andrew McGeever

Post by Andrew McGeever »

Dear Elizabeth,
It's down to money, the lack of.
I had it all worked out, even planning to see my son who has just moved from Manhattan to Brooklyn.
A 3 month-long strike got in the way. I supported "my better half" 100%. The Scottish Nursery Workers were browbeaten into accepting a shoddy "deal". The key issues have not been resolved. I can't find the words to describe my admiration for her courage and determination.
There will be another L.C. event.......and I'll be there....you bet !!
Again, let me wish all the "Lucky People" a great time in the Big Apple, and sing a song for the boys and girls back home.
As aye,
Andrew.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

WoW, Andrew ~

It sure sounds like grist for a poem to me! The ethics, the sacrifices of seeing son and celebration of beloved poet-'mentor', the need for money to live, and the love and admiration beneath it all.....real life with an enduring partner.

I still look forward to meeting you [both?] in Berlin 8) . The sincerity in your well-wishes for us is palpable. Thanks :D !

~ Elizabeth
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

It would be dreadful to me to have to follow a group and a schedule, I'm more like a bird on the wire all over but as far as I can read, these events are always something much magic for those who attend. So I wish you all a big wonderful time. And if you are lucky enough to have him participate in the flesh, let say for a party for his 70 : Wow!! lucky people in fact. :D
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in New York 2004”