Rome anyone??

The New York Event - before and after!
julia

Rome anyone??

Post by julia »

I said it on the NG and I'll say it here, my vote is for Rome! Dunno why except I really want to go there. Actually wherever it is I'll be there!
Eve

Post by Eve »

no longer available
Last edited by Eve on Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
julia

Post by julia »

Catholics yes, Athens-like traffic NOOoooooooo!!!
george.Wright

Forum

Post by george.Wright »

How about Ireland of the green fame?
georges
peterneedham

Post by peterneedham »

I like the sound of Ireland
I've never been to Ireland
I vote for Ireland
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I like [love] the idea of going to Ireland, too, Peter; however, as a trip unto itself. My question [and not to interfere with your saving of plane fare, Georges :lol: , however....] is, shouldn't the locale at least in some way be related to Leonard? New York and the Chelsea area; Hydra; Montreal; L.A. ~ unless it's a Leonard the Leprechaun Fest :? ~ Leonard the Irish-Catholic Cantor Fest? My vote doesn't carry much [any?] weight, as I likely won't be going to it, either...just looking at it objectively [or thinking I am].
~Lizzytysh
Partisan

Post by Partisan »

Thats the best news i have had in a long time.
Linda

Post by Linda »

My vote would be New York, New York!
Linda
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

In light of how "little" it takes to make some happy....or if its truly how "much," what an abysmmal life that's a sign of ~ I'm checking fares now. :D Seeee yaaaaa [yet only in passing]. :lol:

~Lizzytysh
glyn

Post by glyn »

:?: France, say Angers.
glyn
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Glyn,

What is Leonard's link with France? So far, New York, Hydra, or even mainland Greece sound good [and thematically correct :) ) to me.

~Lizzytysh
Pete

Post by Pete »

I'm sure there must be something that links Leonard with Ireland.

I know, for a fact, that his first draft of 'First we take Manhattan', before he threw it in the waste bin, read;

They sentenced me to 23 years of boredom
for attempting to reconfigure the infrastructure from within
I'm going soon, I'm going to give them pressies
but first we take Manchester, then we take Dublin

Leonard wasn't pleased with this attempt but he did show that his thoughts lay with Ireland. This first draft found it's way to my collection of LC memorabilia.

See you all in Ireland

Pete
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

"Attempting to reconfigure the infrastructure," eh? I can understand the appeal of the wastebasket. And "23" years....I guess he started out pretty literal with this song. That's a nice piece of memorabilia, Pete. A testimony of his commitment to flow. :)

Perhaps he does feel an Ireland connect of sorts...however, now those from Manchester area will be making similar claims. I wouldn't be surprized to see a simple return to Hydra.

~Lizzytysh
Pete

Post by Pete »

I'm sure that if we asked Leonard he would say;
"Ireland awaits you. It is a land which deserves your presence. I give me blessing for Ireland and, by the way, Pete has never been to Ireland"

That is what Leonard would say if we were to ask.

Trust me, for I speak on behalf of all troubled souls who do not know which way to turn or where to disembark.

I rest my case (in Ireland!)

See you in Ireland Lizzytysh
or, failing that, in the chatroom.

Pete
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, Pete, speaking of failing that, I am still failing that! Did speak with my computer woman yesterday. She's going out of town and will be back during first week of August. She will meet with me then. At some point, in the interim, I'm going to painstakingly go through the info that accompanied the purchase of this computer to see if [eureka!] I just might resolve it on my own.....unlike Irene Teresa, I am very new to computers and greatly lacking an affinity with them. Did you arrive there yet?

Y'know, Leonard just might say that....were we to ask :) ~ actually, the countryside [from all photos I've seen and from people who have been there] would be rich and beautiful for such an event. I'm guessing Jarkko makes the final decision in these matters? Who knows.....

Ha. At the rate I'm going, I'm likely to see you in Ireland, before I see you in the chatroom .
~Lizzytysh

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in New York 2004”