Verona and rain

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Paul Zagreb

Verona and rain

Post by Paul Zagreb »

Not trying to panic anyone but some of the weather forecasts now predict heavy showers on 24 September. Would the concert still happen if there was heavy rain or - as I understand happens when there is opera there - might they cancel it or end it in mid flow?
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
Mabeanie1

Re: Verona and rain

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I guess it depends on what "type" of rain it is. If there's thunder and lightning then the likelihood is that the concert will be cancelled. Heavy rain might mean cancellation - it nearly happened in Venice in August 2009. However, most outdoor concerts go ahead, rain or not. Maybe concert crowds are deemed more resilient than opera audiences?

I have a bit of a bad feeling about this one - after 4 nights in Dublin with little more than a few spots of rain to worry about, I feel the weather gods have been pushed to the very limit. The waterproofs will be packed (as always!) but I'm holding on to the fact that weather.com says 0% of precipitation, despite the dire warnings on the BBC of "heavy rain showers"!!

Wendy
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

Mabeanie1 wrote:I guess it depends on what "type" of rain it is. If there's thunder and lightning then the likelihood is that the concert will be cancelled. Heavy rain might mean cancellation - it nearly happened in Venice in August 2009. However, most outdoor concerts go ahead, rain or not. Maybe concert crowds are deemed more resilient than opera audiences?

I have a bit of a bad feeling about this one - after 4 nights in Dublin with little more than a few spots of rain to worry about, I feel the weather gods have been pushed to the very limit. The waterproofs will be packed (as always!) but I'm holding on to the fact that weather.com says 0% of precipitation, despite the dire warnings on the BBC of "heavy rain showers"!!

Wendy
Since we are both British we know how many types of rain there are, right? :( My understanding is that operas get called off - even in the middle - mainly because the stage is not covered and it can therefore be dangerous for those playing. I am not sure whether this will be the case with Leonard as the stages they build tend to be covered - I guess it depends on whether this is feasible in the Arena. I imagine the forecast will be more consistent across sites the nearer we get to the concert in any case.
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

If you check 5 different weather forecasts for next Monday (like I did), you'll find out that they all are different. However, most of them do NOT include any rain next Monday.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

jarkko wrote:If you check 5 different weather forecasts for next Monday (like I did), you'll find out that they all are different. However, most of them do NOT include any rain next Monday.
and we should be patient in any case :)
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

I checked on the Weather Channel and it was forecasted for Verona that Monday would be mainly sunny
With a temp of 74F. It was also posted that there would be showers on Tuesday and rain with with thunder storms
On Wednesday. Not too thrilled about the rain and thunder but if it is going to happen better on Tues. and Wed :!:
I am keeping my fingers crossed!

See you all soon!

Marsha
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Weather reporting ~ has to be one of the best jobs around ;-) .
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

jaysus paul pull yerself together....it's not going to rain..end of story

but if you want it to rain then go on wishing

ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

liverpoolken wrote:jaysus paul pull yerself together....it's not going to rain..end of story

but if you want it to rain then go on wishing

ta ken
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I can feel the sun already!
pink_is_dead
Location: Deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves.

Post by pink_is_dead »

I don't know what was the case exactly 2 days ago, but now according to at least 6 weather forecast sites - including ilmeteo.it which is the local one - predict heavy rain/thunderstorms for Monday evening =[

As for me the rain won't be a problem. Hopefully the same stands for the band.?
Strangers passing in the street,
by chance to seperate glances meet,
and I am you and what I see is me.
alicesurlepont

Post by alicesurlepont »

Buongiorno a tutti, from Italy, where "la pioggia" - rain - might very well come to see and listen to Leonard.
There are two good sites we use here in Italy: http://www.ilmeteo.it/meteo/Verona and the one of the Air Force: http://www.meteoam.it/?regione=nord&tim ... prev&ora=6
But we should clearly go to Verona and wait. Like in Venice in 2009. Even if the venetian storm the was unexpected, while now...
At the Arena usually they don't cover the stage. But usually they don't organize concerts in autumn...
So, non lo so, I don't know.
I think we should bring blue raincoats and hope.
A good "day before" to everyone.
alice.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Hi, I'm new to this but need some help. My best friends are in Verona and going to the concert it also coincides with their wedding anniversary , as their best man , I can think of nothing more memorable than somehow having a happy wedding anniversary congratulations mention from Leonard himself or a flash message on the screen at the concert. I have no idea how to contact anyone that might be able to grant this request. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Thanks Mo
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

alicesurlepont wrote:Buongiorno a tutti, from Italy, where "la pioggia" - rain - might very well come to see and listen to Leonard.
There are two good sites we use here in Italy: http://www.ilmeteo.it/meteo/Verona and the one of the Air Force: http://www.meteoam.it/?regione=nord&tim ... prev&ora=6
But we should clearly go to Verona and wait. Like in Venice in 2009. Even if the venetian storm the was unexpected, while now...
At the Arena usually they don't cover the stage. But usually they don't organize concerts in autumn...
alice.
Il like the idea on ilmeteo.com that from 22h onwards it will be "sereno" - sounds like the weather wants to listen to a Leonard Cohen concert. Crossing fingers and toes!! Paul
snowhite

Post by snowhite »

Paul Zagreb wrote:
alicesurlepont wrote:Buongiorno a tutti, from Italy, where "la pioggia" - rain - might very well come to see and listen to Leonard.
alice.
Il like the idea on ilmeteo.com that from 22h onwards it will be "sereno" - sounds like the weather wants to listen to a Leonard Cohen concert. Crossing fingers and toes!! Paul

I was in the Arena on Monday evening !!! NO RAIN AT ALL BUT A BEAUTIFUL MOON IN THE SKY :) :) :) ... niente pioggia e una bellissima luna nel cielo ... It's been the best concert I've ever seen ... LEONARD WAS SIMPLY GREAT! in one word FANTASTICO !!! ... it was my wedding anniversary too and sure this one I will never forget ... Thanks Leonard and God bless you. :D :D :D
Meltea

Post by Meltea »

I was in the Arena on Monday evening !!! NO RAIN AT ALL BUT A BEAUTIFUL MOON IN THE SKY :) :) :) ... niente pioggia e una bellissima luna nel cielo ... It's been the best concert I've ever seen ... LEONARD WAS SIMPLY GREAT! in one word FANTASTICO !!!
ditto!!!!! a storm came across town at around 4pm, I was in such a worry...then we had beautiful moon listening and one of the most thrilling concert ever seen!!!

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”