Lots of good seats for Wembly released

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
meglos2000

Lots of good seats for Wembly released

Post by meglos2000 »

Just had a look at the Eventim website and suddenly there seem to be lots of really good seats available in the front blocks for both Saturday and Sunday night. Yesterday there was hardly anything.

Looks like they have released some that were being held back.
James T

Re: Lots of good seats for Wembly released

Post by James T »

Thanks for the heads up, I have been looking for a good seat cause I refuse to pay so much at an arena usually. Still, front centre block, 2nd row. :)

Pick up on the day. I am gonna try and meet the man himself once again. Now I need to sort out travel from manchester and a place to stay, expensive late decision.
James T

Post by James T »

Also, does anyone know the curfew? Maybe I can get the last train back to Manchester.
loucanova

Post by loucanova »

hi james t,
you'll be fine for a train back to manchester. there is a last one at 1.30am that gets in about 3.30am but you'd probably make an earlier train without too much difficulty.
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Thanks for pointing this out. I didn't think I was going to make the 2012 tour, but I now have a fifth row seat in the centre block. That said, it seems that the agencies are up to their usual tricks. Just as well I didn't buy a ticket for Hop Farm (and let's face it...what sort of crazy idea was it to have a September gig there, in the first place?!). Now all I have to do is move the entire contents of my bookshop from a conference near Cambridge back to Central London on Sunday afternoon, and get to Wembley by 7.30pm! If I make it, I will keep my unbroken record of seeing Leonard every year that he has played in the U.K., since and including 1970.
1970: London RAH, Isle of Wight 1972: London RAH 1974: London RAH 1976: London RAH, New Victoria x 3, 1979: Hammersmith x3 1985: Hammersmith 1988: London RAH x 2 1993: London RAH x2 2008: Manchester, London O2, London RAH, Brighton 2009: Weybridge, Liverpool, 2012: Wembley, 2013: Brighton, London O2.
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

Wow! I learned yesterday that on Monday, after I had left, I won £35 on the lucky-dip at a fete (on a bet of £1). Decided that my winnings were best spent reducing to sensible levels the price of a ticket to see Leonard. Checked the Eventim site, amazed to find a crop of good tickets suddenly on sale, bought one in the fourth row for Sunday.

The only annoying thing is having to pick up the ticket at the venue not earlier than one hour before the show.

Clearly, today the ponies ran, and I beat the odds.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
James T

Post by James T »

Thanks for the heads up on the train time also! Wasn't listed on Virgins train offers with all the others (even though it was the cheapest by far). £12 back, much cheaper than more food, drink and a place to stay.

Worked out great, this.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

John Etherington wrote:Thanks for pointing this out. I didn't think I was going to make the 2012 tour, but I now have a fifth row seat in the centre block. That said, it seems that the agencies are up to their usual tricks. Just as well I didn't buy a ticket for Hop Farm (and let's face it...what sort of crazy idea was it to have a September gig there, in the first place?!). Now all I have to do is move the entire contents of my bookshop from a conference near Cambridge back to Central London on Sunday afternoon, and get to Wembley by 7.30pm! If I make it, I will keep my unbroken record of seeing Leonard every year that he has played in the U.K., since and including 1970.
what a wondeful ' unbroken record ' to have .Glad you are not breaking it !
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Thanks cohenadmirer! It's odd going to a Leonard concert at such little notice, and with no time to think about it beforehand.
1970: London RAH, Isle of Wight 1972: London RAH 1974: London RAH 1976: London RAH, New Victoria x 3, 1979: Hammersmith x3 1985: Hammersmith 1988: London RAH x 2 1993: London RAH x2 2008: Manchester, London O2, London RAH, Brighton 2009: Weybridge, Liverpool, 2012: Wembley, 2013: Brighton, London O2.
TommyJ

Post by TommyJ »

John

Good luck with your Sunday logistics! I know what you mean about the concerts creeping up rather suddenly. I confess I bottled out of a trip to Hop Farm and am now facing 2 visits to Wembley, one to Dublin and one to Paris inside 3 weeks. I am thrilled about this, though my wife thinks I am insane (that's why this Forum is so valuable - comprised of largely like minded individuals who understand these imperatives!) even though she's joining me for Wembley and Dublin, My daughters (who you might recall seeing at the Webb Sisters' Union Chapel concert last year) are coming to Wembley on Saturday though they don't know it yet - I daren't tell them until I am certain I can cope with the squeals of excitement!

Anyway, having given the concerts little prior thought, I am now fizzing with excitement. Hope to meet you somewhere down the line ...
Tom
London o2 July 2008 and Nov 2008, NYC (Radio City Music Hall) May 2009, Weybridge July 2009, Lille Sept 2010, Las Vegas Dec 2010, Wembley 8 and 9 Sept 2012, Dublin Sept 2012, Paris Sept 2012, London 02 June 2013, Leeds Sept 2013, London o2 Sept 2013 ... and hopefully more to come.
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

John Etherington wrote: If I make it, I will keep my unbroken record of seeing Leonard every year that he has played in the U.K., since and including 1970.
Yes, John, delighted to hear this! You, Vicomte, and just a few others have a longer record of loyal support of Leonard Cohen than many who make more noise on the Forum these days!
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Hi Ann,

I was noisy back in the day but have calmed down a lot since Elvis departed :lol:

We had not planned going to a concert in UK this year once we heard it was just to be Hop Farm but thanks to rpan (one of the members on here) selling us two good tickets, we had second thoughts and would use the gig in conjunction with a summer visit to friends and family. Then once the cancellation struck and tickets and refunds were only being issued to the original buyers, we didn't know what to do but she came up trumps again, even going so far as to sort it out from her end and reimbursing us the costs to us for 2 more tickets and sending us the code to get new tickets to boot (went on a bit there didn't I but there you go, thanks rpan).

So yes, we are there at Wembley Sunday, never liked the sound when it was the old Empire Pool and have no idea if it isn't even the same as it was. The RAH has far better acoustics but hey, as I keep reading, we are so damned lucky aren't we, that the Man is back ;-)

I will let you know how the new line up felt to us but I warn you, I am biased, I was brought up enjoying a violin on some of his songs :D

Have a real good time yerselves in Dublin, yer man is singing, so it'll be great to be sure!
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
James T

Post by James T »

SOLD OUT.
maroo

Post by maroo »

Hi,
It's just what I think, but I don't like that ticketmaster release good ticket in the last week.
This happened for the Dublin concerts as well.
They know that the person that want to go to the concert, buy the ticket in advance, but in the last week, who is "normal" interested in a gig, will buy tickets only if they are good sits.
This is an Ticketmaster attitude, they do really often.
I Don't know if the pre-sale ticket was excellent,good, or bad, but sometime they use to do the same with the presale, where the presale ticket are BAD, or normal.
Sorry about this post, but I really don't like them, and the way the use to trick all of us every time.

cheers
Piero
Dublin 14/15th September 2012

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”