Lizzytysh's Verona ticket lost

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
lizzytysh

Lizzytysh's Verona ticket lost

Post by lizzytysh »

NEED ONE Ticket to VERONA !

HAD one... and a really good one, at that... still do... SOMEWHERE !

Been diligently looking to no avail. Someone got it for me and sent it to me. I immediately put it in my luggage.
Then, I went to the Madison Event... and THINK I took it out and put it somewhere "safe" ~ ha!
Well, either so safe that even I cannot remember where it is... and have been diligently looking and thinking... or I took it with me and some cleaning person somewhere along the line got it out of my unlocked luggage and has taken it to eBay.

Hard to believe, I know... but too much going on in my life right now. Just is.

Thanks for anyone who might assist here. It's not looking good for finding it in time.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Paul Zagreb

Re: FIND, SELL OR SWAP TICKETS TO OLD IDEAS TOUR

Post by Paul Zagreb »

I cannot help, Lizzy, sorry. But I would not give up hope of getting in if you can contact the ticket seller and say the ticket is lost then they will usually give you a duplicate on the door on the day. I guess this is complicated by the fact that someone else got it for you but it might be worth giving it a try. I REALLY hope to see you in Verona (with a ticket!). Paul
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks so much for that, Paul. I had contacted her and asked about that as a possibility. Haven't heard back, yet. Glad to read your encouraging words about their potential cooperation on it!

You'll see me there... a ticket or not, that is the question. I appreciate your sympathy/empathy... whichever it is. Have continued to look since I wrote this. And WILL continue! Checking all the places that would make sense and all those I can think of that make no sense at all. Have now thought of at least 5 foolproof things I could have done, had I thought of them. I hate to buy from a tout, but if it comes down to that and there is one, I will... and then pray that it's a legitimate ticket!
~ Oscar Wilde
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I sympathise with your predicament Lizzy. All of us (those over a certain age anyway) have been there ....

My advice: take a deep breath & chill. I'm sure the ticket will turn up - quite possibly in the very first place you looked if my experience is anything to go by. Failing that, Paul's suggestion is a good one & fingers crossed you can arrange something.

Wendy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks, Wendy.

At the same time that I was checking back on emails, she was writing me. She said she'd do everything she could to help, but was afraid she might have deleted the relevant emails, thinking she wouldn't need them any more [a good possibility].

What I discovered was not good news, either... so I came back and wrote her what I'd just discovered... that she's not GOING to Verona... she went to Ghent and is going to the last two concerts in Paris. So, SHE couldn't pick them up, even if Paul's idea works. And it has to be the original purchaser, unless we have a TOTALLY sympathetic person, to whom we just tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth... and then THEY make an exception! A pretty steep hill to climb on all that.

Trying not to panic. The breaths so far have been more the hyperventilating variety ;-) . Thank G~d this isn't my only concert, but that is NOT the idea!

"over a certain age" ~ dang... I hate to think like that, but there's an explanation somewhere in those words :roll: .
----

IF they would agree to mail it, she could have it overnighted to her... and then she could overnight it to me... me ~ OBVIOUSLY ~ paying for both postages.
But, they'd have to agree to doing it that way vs. at the door!
It's a long shot at best.
~ Oscar Wilde
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Lizzytysh's Verona ticket lost

Post by jarkko »

Do you now the block/row/seat numbers?
If yes, please email them to me.
We will try with the local promoter
(to get the ticket re-printed).
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks for this, Jarkko!

All I know at this point is ... and relatively close!
She's trying to find any information on it, and will get back with me as soon as she does.
She can't look until tonight, though.
I'll let YOU know as soon as I know anything at all!
I will also continue to look, though I think the vegetable drawer is almost the only place left untouched :? :cry: .

All I know other than that is that she got it from ticket.one, but you probably already know that, anyway.

Okay. I just found where I'd written down that it was in the row... and as I'm remembering, it was on "Dino's side."

~ Lizzy
Last edited by lizzytysh on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~ Oscar Wilde
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

Dear Lizzy,
It sounds as if you have bought this ticket from a third party.
If she paid for it by credit card then the ticket agent should be able to find all the ticket details by using her credit card details.
It may be worth asking her to phone the ticket agent and asking them.

Hope that is of some help.
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

To add to what FOXWOOD said, if she bought the ticket online, she must have had to set up an account with the ticket seller so she could go in to the account to retrieve the ticket details. It should be possible to retrieve the password if she has forgotten it.

Wendy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks, FOXWOOD and Wendy! I'll copy your postings to her.
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Jarkko ~

IF all of this comes to some good conclusion, I could pick up a reprinted ticket from you, if they'll give it to you vs. overnighting it twice [which is the less likely option that they would take].
~ Oscar Wilde
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

For the time being we don't have all necessary details we'd need to ask the Italian promoter.
I have explained what we need in PM.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yeah, I'm still writing messages to the person I bought it from.

Will also have them look at a seating chart and see if we can nail it that way.
~ Oscar Wilde
James-on-tour

Post by James-on-tour »

Sorry to hear of your predicament Lizzy. Although I am not a religious person, a lot of people in Ireland say that a prayer to Saint Anthony helps to find lost items. You must be reaching that point now and you have to hope that Saint Anthony is not a Cohen fan and wants the ticket for himself. Best of luck with whichever method brings about a positive outcome.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

LOLOL... thanks for making me laugh, James! And with the way luck is running... ;-) . As you know, the Irish people are already well known for loving Leonard... so why not a Saint?
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”