How to get from Tonbridge to Wembley

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
hadley

How to get from Tonbridge to Wembley

Post by hadley »

For anyone with non refundable hotel bookings in Tonbridge, it may well still be possible to see the concert at Wembley and travel back afterwards. I live in Kent and regularly have to find my way back from events in different parts of London, it's not ideal of course but is doable.

If you do have a car then personally I would park at the 02 arena (for £6 on weekday, £3 on sunday) and take the tube (right next to the car park) from North Greenwich to Wembley Park (on the same line so no need to change). Parking at the o2 is a great (and very easy drive compared to going through parts of London) option for anyone hitting London from the south. The last tube leaves Wembley Park at 00:24. From there Tonbridge is a 40 minute simple drive away.

Of course if you don't have a car then it would be more tricky but looks possible enough to me. It looks like the last train leaving London for Tonbridge leaves at 01:37 from Charing Cross. Nationalrail.co.uk for the trains and http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/1129.aspx for when the last tube from each station is.
Mabeanie1

Re: How to get from Tonbridge to Wembley

Post by Mabeanie1 »

What a great & helpful post Hadley. Personally I'm abandoning my hotel in Tonbridge & I've rebooked for Wembley which is nearer to home for me but I know there are people who can't make this switch and who may feel themselves stranded in the Tonbridge/ Maidstone area by existing travel arrangements.

Wendy
comehealing

Post by comehealing »

Hadley,

This is really helpful information.

I wonder whether you have posted this on the Leonard Cohen Facebook page,
as I know that there were a few disgruntled posts on there last week, with regard
to non-refundable expenses/travel arrangements etc. Am sure it will be useful to some.
My apologies if you already have and/or people are already aware.
Alexis
"Who, being loved, is poor?"
(Oscar Wilde)
"That love is all there is" (Emily Dickinson)
"A miracle, just take a look around: The inescapable earth" (Wislawa Szymborska)
hadley

Post by hadley »

Thanks for your kind comments guys :)

Comehealing, I don't actually have a facebook account. If you'd like to post it yourself then you're more than welcome :)
comehealing

Post by comehealing »

Hi Hadley,

Thanks for giving me permission to post on FB.

It might be of use to those few who may have abandoned all hope.

Best wishes,

Alexis
Alexis
"Who, being loved, is poor?"
(Oscar Wilde)
"That love is all there is" (Emily Dickinson)
"A miracle, just take a look around: The inescapable earth" (Wislawa Szymborska)

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”