HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Lorca1999

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Post by Lorca1999 »

Am I the only one peed off that EVENTIM have released really good seats (rows 4/5) just now :shock:

If these had been shown as available when I first bought tickets just after the Hop Farm debacle, then obviously I would have gone for these.

Now for no good reason, we are quite a few rows back from these great seats, just because we got access to tickets earlier because of the cock up. Grrr!
It is mainly bugging me because we ae bringing the children, and those extra rows may make a big difference to what they actually get see on the night...

...and breathe.

I know we are extremely fortunate to be seeing LC at all, but still, I am annoyed!
x
bean

Post by bean »

^that does sound fairly crappy :?
Rodin

Post by Rodin »

Jeez, you all have tickets to see Mr Cohen.
Please stop your petty complaining.
Misunderstood
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

Lorca1999 wrote:Am I the only one peed off that EVENTIM have released really good seats (rows 4/5) just now :shock:

If these had been shown as available when I first bought tickets just after the Hop Farm debacle, then obviously I would have gone for these.

Now for no good reason, we are quite a few rows back from these great seats, just because we got access to tickets earlier because of the cock up. Grrr!
It is mainly bugging me because we ae bringing the children, and those extra rows may make a big difference to what they actually get see on the night...

...and breathe.

I know we are extremely fortunate to be seeing LC at all, but still, I am annoyed!
x
Nope, I had to resort to paying >150% face value from an Ebay tout for Row 10 seats when it seemed like there were only side blocks or seats very far back left.

Grrr.
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

I'm peed off that things are done this way, even though I've benefited from it! It has become part of the process...When Opera House Manchester tickets went onsale in 2008, I was on the phone at 9am, but it took me an hour to secure one seat in row J. The night before the concert, they released the first two rows, and I was able to get centre row B (and only just managed to sell the other ticket outside). In 2009, I bought tickets for the Albert Hall and Brighton because O2 seemed like a no-go. Then the night before the concert they released the front two rows again. I could have been centre front for both nights, but on this occasion couldn't afford extra tickets.
paddieu

Post by paddieu »

Hi

Can anyone help me with their experience of this situation ?

A friend got this letter below from Ticketmaster, and clicked to order a ticket transfer to Wembley.
She heard nothing from them and tried to contact them about this.
She got directed to a phone line, which has remained in huge and impossible queuing
for the entire week.

So she does not know if she has a ticket or not.

This seems appalling to me - can anyone advise on a way through to Ticketmaster
so she can find out if she actually has a ticket or not ?

Once we know for sure if she has missed out, then we can race and get the tickets that have now become available ?

Many thanks for any help you can give !

Paddy

*UPDATE* - Leonard Cohen - Hop Farm, Kent

Dear Ticketmaster customer,

This is an important update regarding the Leonard Cohen events previously at Hop Farm, Kent, on 8 and 9 September 2012, now taking place at Wembley Arena, London, on the same nights.

For Wembley, doors will open at 18:30 and the show will start at 19:30. All times are subject to change.

Please click here to request either an exchange to the Wembley Arena event or to obtain a refund for your booking.

Please note: You will only be able to exchange to the same date as your original booking.

If we do not hear from you by 17:00 on 31 August 2012, we will assume you do not wish to exchange and refund your booking.

If you require any further assistance, please visit our FAQs by clicking on: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/help.html
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Best Wishes,
Ticketmaster Customer Service
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Lorca1999 wrote:Am I the only one peed off that EVENTIM have released really good seats (rows 4/5) just now :shock:

...and breathe.

x
infact right now they have lots of 2nd row seats for sunday !
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

These presumably are seats allocated for hop farm ticketholders who have now definately opted out of wembley
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
bean

Post by bean »

cohenadmirer wrote:These presumably are seats allocated for hop farm ticketholders who have now definately opted out of wembley

Yes, I think you are probably right.

7.30pm start.

What do you think - 3.5 hour concert or could we be treated to closer to 4 hours? :D

My last train is just after midnight but I have already decided that if I have to hang around on the station all night that is fine - I can wait for the first train Sunday morning. Bound to be an all night cafe or something near Victoria.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

bean wrote:
cohenadmirer wrote:These presumably are seats allocated for hop farm ticketholders who have now definately opted out of wembley

7.30pm start.

What do you think - 3.5 hour concert or could we be treated to closer to 4 hours? :D

Closer to 4 for sure - that seems to be his preference anywhere and here there might be a sense of ' extra compensation' for the stress a lot were caused by the venue change
Leonard's work resonates
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

bean wrote:

7.30pm start.

Closer to 4 for sure - that seems to be his preference anywhere and here there might be a sense of ' extra compensation' for the stress a lot were caused by the venue change
Leonard's work resonates
OCTAF1SH

Post by OCTAF1SH »

Ended up selling my tickets back to Last Minute, and got a pair in N6. Not sure how tight the angle is on the stage, but I do quite like an oblique view, if i can't be front few rows anyway. We'll see on the night I guess, but definitely better than S13!!
Murphy575 wrote:
I am sorry, I know it was a bit rude and not exactly the best welcome to to the forum but I like that site and I saw your request and thought "they could just google it... I know, I'll..."

It's a cool site though, I hope you was not offended and took it in the good humour it was intended :)
No, not offended at all!! It made me chuckle, as intended. If i knew how to do the google tutorial for others, i would probably overuse it myself!

...Couldn't possibly think how to go about learning such things...I guess i'll need to ask someone that on a forum too. ;-)

Also, does anyone have definite knowledge of the arena's curfew? I have googled and found answers from people who "know what they're talking about" which range from 2230 to 0015!
s_green

Post by s_green »

paddieu wrote:
A friend got this letter below from Ticketmaster, and clicked to order a ticket transfer to Wembley.
She heard nothing from them and tried to contact them about this.
She got directed to a phone line, which has remained in huge and impossible queuing
for the entire week.

So she does not know if she has a ticket or not.
This was exactly the experience I had too, including some wasted time spent playing the phone line options. The good news was that a ticket to Wembley arrived in the post yesterday (Saturday 1.9) - via a standard, not signed for, delivery. It was unhelpful that the webpage which had been set up for HMV ticket exchange/refund did not send confirmatory emails, and despite the webpage saying one would be notified when tickets had been rebooked this did not happen. I hope you too have a happy ending, I did not enjoy the 6 days I spent in limbo waiting to hear what was going on!
honeyrose

Post by honeyrose »

Well I have had a notification from Eventim that they have credited my Visa account with £204 (can't check until I get my statement at end of month as I do not have online access to it at present) and my tix for Saturday have arrived. Wonder how full it will be?
MBC

Post by MBC »

Hi,

I seem to be in the same boat as others but haven't had it resolved - no ticket has turned up for the concert, and although I followed the instructions for exchanging to Wembley, it only said 'your request has been submitted'...no confirmation email, no more info on my ticketmaster online account - ridiculous as I have no idea if I got my ticket exchanged or not, and need to book a hotel etc ASAP! :(

I haven't phoned yet, thought I'd try this forum first as I can't be bothered to be put on hold and waste my money. Anyone else in the same position, or know how I can find out if my exchange was successful? I hope I'm not the only one who hasn't received their ticket yet!

Also, I bought the 'best seat' ticket for Hops Farm (thought I'd make the most of the concert) - will my Wembley ticket (if I have one) reflect the extra £30-odd that I originally paid?

Thanks for any help!

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”