HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
jarkko
Site Admin

HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Post by jarkko »

We have now received this official information from AEG:

HOP FARM SHOWS TO BE MOVED
NEW VENUE ANNOUNCED AS WEMBLEY ARENA
SAME DATES - 8 & 9 SEPTEMBER 2012

Due to unforeseen circumstances, Leonard Cohen’s two shows at Hop Farm, Kent on 8 and 9 September will no longer be taking place at that venue. However, Cohen will now be performing at a new London venue on the same dates.
Cohen will still bring his much anticipated Old Ideas World tour to the UK with the scheduled shows now taking place in the fully seated and historic Wembley Arena on 8 and 9 September.

Ticketholders for the Hop Farm concerts should contact their point of sale for refund/new ticket issue. Such Ticketholders will also be invited to an exclusive pre-sale to purchase tickets for the new Wembley Arena dates and to have first access to the best seats in the house.

Musician, Poet, Novelist and arguably one of the greatest singer-songwriters of all time – Leonard Cohen has returned to the world stage! Don’t miss the magnetic and inimitable Leonard Cohen as he plays London with the most emotive, poignant and legendary concerts not to be missed.

Leonard Cohen’s Old Ideas World Tour opened in Ghent, Belgium with five sold-out shows and reviews that were even more superlative than for his previous world tour. Nieuwsblad declared “Leonard Cohen steals all hearts in Ghent...a sultry, musically great evening” while De Standaard stated that "Cohen kept the audience effortlessly captivated with new songs from his new album, and many classics... He is a category and class apart." La Presse hailed "The concert...Impeccable. Generous. Sometimes moving... His concert is a rare depth, away from the din and the ephemeral of the modern world." Luxemburger Wort recounted "A rare concert and perfect in every way... Exceptional sound quality at the site can detect the notes of every instrumentalist." Finally, De Telegraaf concluded "We were moved to tears...The man is the embodiment of enchantment."

What to do next?

Forum members holding tickets for Hop Farm will be receiving an email explaining how to exchange their current ticket for like for like tickets at Wembley Arena. If you did not get the email, the agent probably does not have your email address. Please contact the agent directly.

Forum members who don't have tickets to Hop Farm but would like to get tickets: we have a presale for you, active now. Please see a separate thread at viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32595. Public sale begins tomorrow (Friday).

PLEASE NOTE AGAIN that the link to the Wembley presale are for those fans only not holding tickets to Hop Farms, who would now like to attend Leonard's concert at Wembley Arena.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Thanks for the info Jarkko. Has anybody said when the e-mails about exchanging tickets will be sent out and what the timescale for action will be? I double checked my account and Eventim definitely have my e-mail address but I haven't received anything yet.

Wendy
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I was told that the emails are being sent today - the first ones went out already last night. If you don't hear from your seller today, it will be best to give them a phone call on Friday.

Would a member who has got the email please copy the text in this thread??
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

I'm confused? Do we have to contact Eventim to change our tickets? I've had no email...
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I just called Eventim customer services. I was told that e-mails were sent out c 15 mins ago. They haven't actually seen the e-mail (and they're customer services??) but their understanding is that existing orders will be cancelled and there is a special pre-sale allocation for existing ticket holders. The pre-sale has not yet started.

Chaos or what - bye bye front row centre ....

Wendy
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

Mabeanie1 wrote:I just called Eventim customer services. I was told that e-mails were sent out c 15 mins ago. They haven't actually seen the e-mail (and they're customer services??) but their understanding is that existing orders will be cancelled and there is a special pre-sale allocation for existing ticket holders. The pre-sale has not yet started.

Chaos or what - bye bye front row centre ....

Wendy
Noooo!
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
honeyrose

Post by honeyrose »

I have an Eventim ticket and have not had any email about how to exchange it for a Wembley arena one. I know they have my email because I get regular news updates. In fact in the emailmessage it says you should contact your ticket provider, not wait for them to contact you. What is going on?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

From AEG:
All ticket agents have been given their allocations and instructions to inform their customers ASAP.
If any customers are in doubt they should contact their point of purchase who will be able to assist them
I understood last night that there is no special presale to Hop Farm ticket holders but equal tickets will be issued for them. I am copying Wendy's comment to AEG to get their comment.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

honeyrose wrote:I have an Eventim ticket and have not had any email about how to exchange it for a Wembley arena one. I know they have my email because I get regular news updates. In fact in the emailmessage it says you should contact your ticket provider, not wait for them to contact you. What is going on?
I tried to contact my ticket provider honeyrose and didn't get any info worth having (see my post above).

Wendy
leonardthecat

Post by leonardthecat »

I've also phoned Eventim as I have not had email.
They say email should arrive in next 24 hours with a link. Basically they refund for the Hop Farm tickets we have and the link gives you the opportunity to purchase equivalent ticket for Wembley.
shush1

Post by shush1 »

So whoever gets the email first will have first dibs on the tickets? Hardly fair they should set a fix timed a day later for the sale.
honeyrose

Post by honeyrose »

I have just looked at my Eventim e ticket and there is no telephone number given. Does anyone have one they can post here? I have missed event insurance, can I claim a refund on that?
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

Just phoned Eventim and have been told by customer services that the email will be sent out, and although we won't be guaranteed like for like tickets, we will get 'similar'. I was told that if I exchanged now then only the second block of seats back from the stage was available as they were still setting up the allocations, whereas if I wait till they send the email then we would have a better allocation and I should go through that. Not sure if they were fobbing me off or not, but sounds like if you wait for the email it will be better. Doubt I'll get front row replacements though :(
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Anyone who has already got the email from the seller: please copy the email here for the others to see.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

somewhat_nifty wrote:I was told that if I exchanged now then only the second block of seats back from the stage was available as they were still setting up the allocations, (
Odd - because you can get row 13 now for Sat night in the Forum sale for non-ticket holders. How are they going to squash a sold out show in to the first 12 rows?

Wendy

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”