Dino Soldo not in the tour band

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Dino Soldo not in the tour band

Post by jarkko »

via the internet from the monastery’s computer. Dial-up I think, not like today!

Yes, nostalgic memories... there was only one telephone at the monastery, and Leonard could not get his computer online if one of the other monks wanted to use the phone. It was a very slow dial-up connection. At that time we couldn't send any picture attachments. He asked his manager to fax a first selection of items. The first fax was about 20 meters long. The fax machines of that time did not use sheets but paper rolls. Two days later the same items materialized in Finland by FedEx (as color photo copies, taken from his notebooks).
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
B4real

Post by B4real »

How interesting Jarkko! Where there's a will there's a way - we take so much for granted nowdays.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Robert77

Post by Robert77 »

songwriter wrote:
HelenD wrote:Songwriter,

Are all your posts so negative - you don't like the Webb Sisters singing on their own and now I see you don't like Dino either! Would you have Leonard standing alone on the stage with his guitar for 4 hours? Don't you appreciate that these people complement Leonard's performance?

Helen

I love every single member of the band, and they bring a rich and beautiful sound to proceedings.

However, I much prefer the sound with Alex rather than Dino, and as such hope Dino never performs with leonard again.

I love the webbs with my whole heart, but wish leonard would sing with them. These are not negative points!
I will see Leonard tomorrow night in Halifax and am looking forward to hearing the violin.I liked Dino's contributions a lot when I saw Leonard in Glace Bay a couple of years ago but I don't blame LC at all for wanting to create a different sound.I know I personally would rather hear the violin over a saxophone.
bcdorn

Post by bcdorn »

I really missed Dino at the last concert. I will always love Leonard AND Dino was definite value added to mix. I will search him out
Barry
gaby&paul

Post by gaby&paul »

After the Vienna concert: still missing Dino ... :(
2008: Munich, Frankfurt, London RAH. 2009: Minneapolis, Chicago (2x), Cologne, Madrid. 2010: Wiesbaden, Strasbourg, Stuttgart, Las Vegas. 2012: Ghent, Paris. 2013: Vienna.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

gaby&paul wrote:After the Vienna concert: still missing Dino ... :(
Well nothing is going to change now. You can always watch Live in London for your Dino fix.

Wendy
gaby&paul

Post by gaby&paul »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
gaby&paul wrote:After the Vienna concert: still missing Dino ... :(
Well nothing is going to change now. You can always watch Live in London for your Dino fix.

Wendy
... yes (sigh) ... and Songs From The Road. And there watching Dino as a most musical, sensitive, ingenious, creative and respectful sideman.

Paul
2008: Munich, Frankfurt, London RAH. 2009: Minneapolis, Chicago (2x), Cologne, Madrid. 2010: Wiesbaden, Strasbourg, Stuttgart, Las Vegas. 2012: Ghent, Paris. 2013: Vienna.

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”