TOULON, FRANCE (Sept 26) announced

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Caren

Re: PRESALE TO TOULON FRANCE NOW!!!

Post by Caren »

Thank you Jarkko. Such was my impression too.

And thank you Wendy. I have taken you advice and sent an email to the website. I will report.

Fingers crossed for everyone!
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Caren

Post by Caren »

I have just received an answer from GPA/France.
Hello,

The first row of the golden circle is the row ZA.

The rows A to T are not in sales.

You can buy tickets directly on the link for the presales, the first rows are still available.

Best regards,

gérard drouot productions s.a.
So I went and bought tickets for a row Zb which from what the lady quoted above told me should be second row. Now rows a to t are not red anymore so maybe they have changed that due to the fact that those aren't on sale. I count on what AEG wrote to Jarkko and that we are given the best seats as always and that rows Ato T won't go on sale at some point in the future.

Thanks to Jarkko and Wendy for all your help with this.

Best, Caren
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

How confusing. The answer does make sense though, especially now that they have changed the seating plan. If ZA is the first row, it looks as if they are only using half the arena.

Wendy
Caren

Post by Caren »

Mabeanie1 wrote:How confusing. The answer does make sense though, especially now that they have changed the seating plan. If ZA is the first row, it looks as if they are only using half the arena.

Wendy
Those were my thoughts as well Wendy. But let's hope for the best.

Caren
ciaran

Post by ciaran »

I'm not going to Toulon, sadly, but I've noticed you can get exactly the same tickets by going through the standard gdp.fr site - in fact, it redirects to the same link jarkko has posted.
Ciarán
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ronaldson

Post by Ronaldson »

scocoh wrote: "You're just spoiled with all the ease of getting tickets and great seats. You are a spoiled Leonard fan!" I protested-- "You don't understand!" and tried to go on another little spree. She interrupted, laughing and asked, "So where are the seats you finally got?" I said, "Second row, supposedly--- but I don't even know if that's true! And they're off to the side from what I could have had!" She just laughed. I tried to "explain" again but this just made her laugh more and she said "You're going to France to see Leonard and you are sitting in the second row." :oops: :oops: :oops:

What can I say-- I am indeed spoiled with this forum and all the benefits it brings.
I like this story, and can relate to it (been there, done that). I used to get more worked up about seat locations. After all, as one who "came so far for beauty", wouldn't it be natural to long for everything to be perfect? Well, I have since learned to be more relaxed about ticket choices. Leonard Cohen concerts are extraordinary experiences, no matter where you are sitting (though I still doubt that I would be entirely happy at the back of an arena). If you are a multiple concert goer, it adds to the experience to try different locations with somewhat different perspectives (up close to the stage, up on the mezzanine, etc.). Ironically enough, having once had the opportunity to sit in the centre of the front row, I have to admit that I don't actually find it the best place to be! Life is indeed very sweet when such are the trials and tribulations with which one must cope. Once upon a time, I remember telling my wife that my dream concert was to see Leonard Cohen playing live on stage, resigned even as I said it to the realization that this was a dream that would never come true. ;-)
Caren

Post by Caren »

Some very nice stories above. And I remember well those times when attending just one more concert by Leonard Cohen was beyond hope. We are very lucky these days. Very lucky.

Scocoh, we should meet before or after the concert in Toulon. I buy your drinks and you can buy ours... :) What a day yesterday was. But all good now. And Wendy, shall our paths ever cross I will get you a drink too. I would never had written to GDP hadn't it been for your post. And dear Jarkko is entitled to a drink any time anyway.

Best, Caren
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Judging by your signature Caren, I think our paths will cross quite a bit come August and September. It would be nice to meet you and put a face to the name and avatar.

Wendy
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

scocoh wrote: "You're just spoiled with all the ease of getting tickets and great seats. You are a spoiled Leonard fan!"
Oh how we have all been spoiled since this wonderful madness started in May 2008.

Wendy
Caren

Post by Caren »

We will definitely do that, Wendy!

And is there anyone else who is going to Toulon?
harald

Post by harald »

Caren wrote:I have just received an answer from GPA/France.
Hello,

The first row of the golden circle is the row ZA.

The rows A to T are not in sales.

You can buy tickets directly on the link for the presales, the first rows are still available.

Best regards,

gérard drouot productions s.a.
GPA´s answer leaves it open, if rows A to T do not exist, so row ZA is in fact the first row from the stage
or if they do exist, but are just "not in sales" (at the moment?), so row ZA might be something like row 20.
Did anybody find out?
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
Caren

Post by Caren »

So tonight's the night!!!
Is anyone else going?

Toulon is a lovely little town which has been treating us with some lovely weather and friendly people. Looking forward to the concert...
Mabeanie1

Re: TOULON, FRANCE (Sept 26) announced

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Caren wrote:Toulon is a lovely little town which has been treating us with some lovely weather and friendly people. Looking forward to the concert...
I wish I was in Toulon for all sorts of reasons. The concert of course - but also I am missing the Italian sunshine and would love to have some more "lovely weather" in place of the cold and flooding we returned home to in the UK!

To everyone who is going to the show tonight: hope you have a great time and I look forward to hearing all about the show.

Wendy
Caren

Post by Caren »

Thanks Wendy!

Here is the venue with a rather dramatic background of clouds and mountains...

And the only announcement of the concert we have found in town. Makes up for that with sheer size though...
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348674945.793189.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348674945.793189.jpg (12.69 KiB) Viewed 8739 times

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”