A Thread of Thanks

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
NicolaP

Re: A Thread of Thanks

Post by NicolaP »

Thanks to all involved. Wonderful job & service to others. Wonderful site.
Thanks again

Nicola
O2 Dublin 2009
Lissadell, Sligo 2010
Kilmainham, Dublin 12th & 14th Sept 2012
simonmoorehead

Post by simonmoorehead »

harald wrote:I would also like to repeat my thanks here.
Thanks to L Cohen, Mr. Kory, all the people at AEG.
Thanks also to all the forum operators and thanks to the often helpful forum members.
Thank you for the concerts, thank you for the music.
harald
thanks to jarkko et al from me too

simon
i would like to buy any artwork by lc
simonmoorehead@yahoo.com

Snow is Falling , there's a nude in my room!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

To All of You Extending Your Thanks to Jarkko, Leonard, Robert Kory, and Everyone Else:

This relates to the Quintessential site and Forum on Leonard Cohen. Maggie Matear is respectfully requesting your comments and answers to her questions.

In the Everything Else section of the Forum, there is a thread posted by a woman who is doing her doctoral thesis on Forums such as ours:
My name is Maggie Matear and I'm a doctoral candidate at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario Canada. I'm researching things that make on-line communities like the Leonard Cohen forum successful. Jarkko has kindly given me permission to ask for your help.
She needs 100+ responders to a very thoughtful and well laid out survey. It took me about 20 minutes to complete. You get a couple chances to add your own comments, as well.

It would be wonderful if you translated your thanks here into responses to her survey there. Another very concrete way of giving your thanks.

Thanks!

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
biancat

Post by biancat »

I had the privilege of seeing Leonard Cohen in Dublin on Friday last. Words fail me. It was utter perfection. 3 and half hours of heavenly poetry and music.
I will never forget the evening. Thank you to the people here who helped me to get my precious tickets. My sincere thanks. B xo
vlad

Post by vlad »

It's only now that I read my booking receipt – from May 31, presale day. I have seat 1, 1st row – and not the most expensive ticket, so this is some kind of wonder…
:-)
… and not the first one you organised me!
Thank you all. And also – I suspect you also have something to do with it: after a few cold rainy days, today Bucharest is sunny and warm
DerekH

Post by DerekH »

I flew back to UK from Paris yesterday having attended the Saturday and Sunday shows at L'Olympic. I cannot thank all the people who make the presale possible enough. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
1972 : Royal Albert Hall, London.
2008 : O2, London X 2, Brighton.
2009 : Weybridge.
2012 : L'Olympia, Paris X 2.
2013 : June O2, London
christineanne

Post by christineanne »

Thank you from a long-time 'lurker'

Overdue and heartfelt thanks to:

Jarkko and all the moderators – your hard work makes this forum, informative, easy to navigate and a pleasure to read
Forum members – your words, pictures and videos are always entertaining, generous and uplifting

Because of all of you, my partner and I (he’s a fan too!) have seen Leonard in concert three times over the last few years

Lyon – an open air concert in an ancient Roman amphitheatre on a warm summer night –unforgettable
Cardiff - my home town - so kind of Leonard to come to me after I had been to see him!
Paris, 29th Sept 2012 - almost four hours of Leonard and the band followed by a walk through Paris under a full moon – magic.

Leonard released his first album when I was a teenager and I’ve been a fan ever since. I know that if he chooses to tour again, I’ll hear about it first on this wonderful forum.

Thank you all
Cate

Post by Cate »

I’m not sure if Leonard likes pumpkin pie but if he does I hope that he get’s a large slice of one wherever he is tonight.
Thank you to all of the forum posters and moderators that make this place such a wonderful virtual retreat. Thank you especial to Jarkko for his time, patience and hard work here – what a wonderful gift you have given to us all and thank of course to Leonard Cohen for continuing to share with us his words and music.

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Columbus day

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”