A Thread of Thanks

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
MarieM

A Thread of Thanks

Post by MarieM »

We appreciate all the kind words for our part in facilitating the presales. But there are people behind the scenes and people front and center who really make them possible. So, we'd like to extend our appreciation to Rob, Elliot, Svetlana, Nadine, Joyce and Stacy at AEG who work so diligently to make the presales as effortless as possible and who strive to put a smile on forum members' faces. Our gratitude also extends to Robert Kory, who always thinks about the fans first and has made it a priority that forum members get the best seats possible. And finally, no presale would be possible were it not for the very special place forum members occupy in Leonard's heart. So, thank you, Leonard, Robert and all the folks at AEG for all you do for us.

Please join us in thanking these good people and we will forward your words on to all of them.

Jarkko and Marie
Marie
Speaking Cohen
susanne30072009

Re: A Thread of Thanks

Post by susanne30072009 »

We really do appreciate the work of all this People, at least I do. I'm goin' on Concerts quite often. But I never had have the opportunity of a Ticket-Presale at this scale. So I really want to say thanks to all the Folks, who are involved with this huge Job.
But my greatest Thanks goes to Mr. Leonard Cohen, who make THE Dream 2012 come true!
We hope, that we will have many more Opp. to see LC live on Stage.
I know, this is a bit "selfish", but I am very sure: as long, as Mr. Cohen wanted to goes on Tour again, as long as he enjoyed to be on Stage and "set the House on Fire", we always will be searching for the Forum-Pre-Sales around the whole wide World! At least, I do!
Looking really foreward to the Late Summer / Autumn 2012, as many others will do!
Thank you very, very much to gave us this possibility one more Time. Thanks to all those who make this Dream come true one more Time, really!
Susanne + Uwe
Swizerland
Zürich 1993/2008
Lissabon - Madrid 2009
Basel - Strasburg - Stuttgart 2010
Kopenhagen - Berlin - Verona 2012
Last edited by susanne30072009 on Sat May 19, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I have expressed my gratitude in various threads to everyone who made the presales possible, including AEG, Robert Kory and of course Leonard, as well as Jarkko and Marie. However, I am delighted to have the opportunity to express it again here and to include the previously nameless individuals at AEG - Rob, Elliot, Svetlana, Nadine, Joyce and Stacy - who work so hard behind the scenes to make this all possible for us. The presales are an incredibly valuable facility and we are very lucky to have them. You know, way back in the spring of 2008, we were delighted if we managed to get ANY tickets for one of Leonard's shows. I was thrilled to be allocated tickets for the back row of the Rebecca Cohn in Halifax and half way back in the balcony for Manchester Opera House. It is no small tribute to the success of the presales in terms of delivering the best tickets to Leonard's fans that we now go in to the presales with the hope and expectation that we might be allocated front row seats, and, indeed, we often are.

So thank you Leonard, Robert, Rob, Elliott, Svetlana, Nadine, Joyce and Stacy (and anyone else involved at AEG) and, of course, our own Jarkko and Marie for everything you do for us. We are very lucky to have you on our side.

Wendy
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

I'd like to add my thanks and gratitute to everyone involved in helping us secure the tickets we desire. To all at AEG, Jarkko, Marie and the other moderators here, Robert Kory and of course Leonard we are so grateful for everything you all do. Hoping to meet some of you in person on the road and to say thank you in person.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

I posted my thanks on the USA site - no need to repeat it here. But the very title "A Thread of Thanks" says it all about the joys of this forum!!! Paul
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
harald

Post by harald »

I would also like to repeat my thanks here.
Thanks to L Cohen, Mr. Kory, all the people at AEG.
Thanks also to all the forum operators and thanks to the often helpful forum members.
Thank you for the concerts, thank you for the music.
harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Not realizing there was A Thread of Thanks in each section ~ Europe and North America ~ I gave my extended thanks in the North America one. Nonetheless, my gratitude for all that you folks do is no less diminished in my expression of my deep appreciation here. Thanks to all of you ~ seen and unseen, named and unnamed ~ my ability to see Leonard and his band from phenomenal seats in four different countries/five different venues in Europe was maximized to the heights. You are an incredible lot! Top shelf ~ all of you! Even if there were no more pre-sales nor another tour, every one of you would remain the gifts that keep on giving. There is no replacing memories and your essential roles in making them possible.

May your goodwill, dedication, and caring return to you tenfold. You've given us all good things. Now, may all good things be yours.

Thank you 8) !

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

A big thank you to of Jarkko, Marie, Mr.Leonard Cohen,Mr. Robert Korey and the people from AEG, for treating the members of this forum.

Thank you so much, I got excellent seats for the Dublin concert. And realy I love this wonderful and best forum of the world.

Marina
leonardthecat

Post by leonardthecat »

Only just saw this -
A great big thanks from me to everyone involved.
Aria

Post by Aria »

Just booked our two tickets for Hop Farm 2. Thank you to each and everyone involved in the pre-sale process. It really is appreciated and we raise our glasses (at this time of the morning it’s breakfast pomegranate juice) to you – at least it’s the right colour!
1976: Colston Hall, Bristol. 2008: London O2. 2009: Liverpool, Dublin. 2010: Lissadell X 2. 2012: Wembley Arena, London x 2. 2013: London O2
sbreen

Post by sbreen »

I wholeheartedly endorse all of the comments.

I cannot thank everyone concerned enough.

Was it only a few months ago that we were commiserating with each other that another tour was highly unlikely?

A very special thanks to those angels who whispered repeatedly into Leonard's ear and to those looking after his physical health.
Aido

Post by Aido »

Have to add our huge "Go raibh maith agaibh" (Thanks) from a very happy couple in Dublin whose lives have been enriched by the regular elevating experiences which have been Leonard Cohen concerts these past few years. We have been blessed to have found this forum and you, Jarkko, to facilitate easy access (most of the time!) to share those spiritual occasions. We're going again twice in September and we can't wait. It's heartening to know from Jarkko's post at the start of this thread that this all emanates from Leonard's concern for his real fans. Somehow this feels sooo right. :D :D :D :D
Kilmainham 2008 (1st night!), O2 London 2008, O2 Dublin 2009, Lissadell 2010, Kilmainham 2012 (2 nights).
Symata

Post by Symata »

I am forever thankful to all those who made the concert in Bucharest this year possible! It is again a sign of good will, good hope and great people, as always! You have made my day! My year!
annmarie

Post by annmarie »

I just found this thread and want to add my thanks to everyone involved, but especially of course to Leonard.
I love this forum, which I discovered by accident in 2008 when the rumours of a tour started. How privileged we are!
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

I know that I am a little late, but it is never too late to say "Thank You" for giving us the opportunity to get pre-sale tickets to the concerts. I want to thank especially Mr. Cohen for being so kind (which other Entertainer would even care) Also my thanks go out to Mr. Kory, Jarkko and his endless working on the site, all the Staff at AEG and so
many other people behind the scenes. I am going to see Leonard in the US and I am very excited. Thank you again, I know that you made a lot of fans very, very happy. May God bless all of you.

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”