PRESALE TO the 3rd CONCERT IN DUBLIN

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Waltz

Re: PRESALE TO the 3rd CONCERT IN DUBLIN

Post by Waltz »

This is my first time posting (often lurked but never had the courage to post on a public forum). However I also want to add my thanks to Jarkko and Marie and all the people on this forum who are so helpful and forthcoming with information and advice and for making it possible at all to get these tickets. I have been a fan of Leonard Cohen since I was 16 in 1988, but it was twenty years later that I re-discovered his music just in time to get me through a very painful phase. Four years later, I still listen to his songs daily, and keep discovering new layers and nuances in his work which keeps me coming back for more. It's like a form of therapy/inspiration/comfort for me, as I'm positive is the case for thousands of other fans. When I'm sad his music and lyrics help me release that emotion, and when I feel happy, he makes me feel happier. I can't really explain it, but I'm sure many of you know precisely what I mean. I had read about the legendary Dublin concerts and I've always wanted to go to Dublin, so I was gutted when I found I had missed the announcement by a couple of days by which time it was too late. Thanks to this forum though, I have managed to get tickets for two of those dates now. I'm glad I plucked up the courage to post because how can you not feel at home among fellow Cohen devotees? I hope everyone has a wonderful, transcendental experience at the concerts they're attending.

Thanks again,
Margaret
Nellynolan

Post by Nellynolan »

Thank you so much, got tickets for myself, husband and son. I couldn't be more excited!! Is this an outdoor venue, can anyone tell me?
"Here's to the few who forgive what you do, and the fewer who don't even care"
LC
clive cass

Post by clive cass »

I cannot of course account for those using the forum just to get tickets and worse still so that they can make a profit on them and I also cannot account for those who are reluctant to post but enjoy reading comments on the forum like I did for a long time before feeling ready to post. I have only been on the forum for about 3 years and using the files for only a little longer than that but only because I did not know either existed. I have been a Cohen fan though for 32 years and remember the first time I heard him sing Suzanne. I am of course referring to the true fans and they know who they are but it can never be how long someone has been a member of the forum or how many posts they have made or even how long they have been listening to Leonards music. It is only about what a person feels about Leonard's music and the truth is known to these people.
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
Isi

Post by Isi »

emmasothern wrote:
Now, more importantly, is anyone else incredibly attracted to him?!!
Oh yes!!!!!! ;-)
Just bought my tickets for the third Dublin Concert. Was in the third row for Lissadell and thought anything less would never do after such a fantastic concert. I somehow missed sales for the first two Dublin concerts...and SOMEHOW missed yesterday's presale, but got on ticketmaster first thing this morning. Would have liked tickets closer to the stage - but what the heck - I'm going to Dublin to see Leonard again. I don't think anything will ever compare to the Lissadell concert but I just know I couldn't miss the chance again! :D :D :D
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

........... I have been a Cohen fan though for 32 years and remember the first time I heard him sing Suzanne. I am of course referring to the true fans and they know who they are but it can never be how long someone has been a member of the forum or how many posts they have made or even how long they have been listening to Leonards music. ...................
Over to you John (Etherington) :D ;-)
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Nellynolan

Post by Nellynolan »

First of all I'd like to say hello and a huge thank you to whoever is responsible for organising the forum. I did in fact register this morning as I was very anxious to get tickets. I didn't realise that this would cause any bad feeling amongst existing members as surely a fan is a fan however long they have known & loved the music. My husband and adult son will be with me at my first (although not their first) concert. I would hate to think that there was any resentment over my use (and I certainly don't consider it abuse) of the forum to ensure that I can fulfill a long held ambition to see Leonard live. I'm not a member of any other forums and it was not something that I was really aware of however I will enjoy reading & learning. Up till now my son has sent me links to various items which he thought would interest me, perhaps now I'll be able to reciprocate.
"Here's to the few who forgive what you do, and the fewer who don't even care"
LC
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

I just wanted to add for the so called "newbies", now that you have joined the forum and had bought tickets, don't be shy, don't hesitate and feel invited to join the many meet-ups prepared before and after the concerts.
You will meet "twin souls" and have a lot of fun!

viewforum.php?f=61
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Great to see all the enthusiastic posts from newcomers here. ( I hate that Americanised word "newbies"!!)

Best of luck to you all, enjoy the experience.

"As you are now, so once were we"... Until we discovered there is a crack in everything - local promoters, ticket sellers, record companies, LC management , even the Forum! :shock: Should have known... "There is a crack, a crack in everything".... How much light gets in is debateable.

The best advice I have seen here, which I intend to follow, is to spend more time listening to LC and less time posting on this forum or any other cyber medium!
Last edited by TipperaryAnn on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

Nellynolan wrote:First of all I'd like to say hello and a huge thank you to whoever is responsible for organising the forum. I did in fact register this morning as I was very anxious to get tickets. I didn't realise that this would cause any bad feeling amongst existing members as surely a fan is a fan however long they have known & loved the music. My husband and adult son will be with me at my first (although not their first) concert. I would hate to think that there was any resentment over my use (and I certainly don't consider it abuse) of the forum to ensure that I can fulfill a long held ambition to see Leonard live. I'm not a member of any other forums and it was not something that I was really aware of however I will enjoy reading & learning. Up till now my son has sent me links to various items which he thought would interest me, perhaps now I'll be able to reciprocate.
Welcome, welcome --- to you and everyone! It really does not matter how long you have known and loved the music .. it's just important that you do (no matter how much!). Like everything, the forum has its good sides and it's less good sides but, personally, I still love reading, learning, contributing and sharing here, united in our appreciation of Cohen's work, mindful of the hard-work Jarkko and the other moderatprs perform, and appreciative of the opportunities which the forum's link with Leonard's management and tour organisers affords us. But above all, and I think I am misquoting LC from an interview, the forum is 'our' space to create whatever we can: to play, to learn, to share, and sometimes to disagree. I just do not want to base any of my arguments on 'I was here before you', that's all! Paul
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
Perky1508

Post by Perky1508 »

Hi all, I just want to give my thanks to the moderators and other people who have posted here with lots of helpful information and encouragement. Having tried, unsuccessfully, to get through to ticketmaster for the first two Sept. concerts, I eventually managed to buy tickets for the Sept. 14th concert, just before midnight on 18 April, thanks to the pre-sale link. I definitely encountered the ticketmaster gremlins referred to by a previous poster. It necessitated a full day of trying before eventually having the bright idea to use my daughter's PC using Google Chrome to be successful. Why ticketmaster kept dropping my Macbook using the Safari browser just after being offered tickets approximately 15 times I don't know. If anyone could enlighten me as to why this could be I would appreciate it. Anyway, even though I couldn't give my mother her 72nd birthday present on the actual day of her birthday (18/4/12) I am so grateful that we will now be able to share the wonderful experience of a Leonard Cohen concert. Many thanks to all for making me persevere!
TommyJ

Post by TommyJ »

The words of welcome are appreciated. Some of us are by our nature more reticent than others when it comes to posting on public sites, and the tone of some of the posts has at times been a bit offputting. But I recognise that each is entitled to express his or her view, and I wouldn't want to change that. I've loved the Great Man's music much longer than I have known about this forum and, besides, it's not a competitive sport! For now I would just like to add my gratitude to the work of Jarkko and others who do such a fantastic and selfless job maintaining this site. It's good to know that there are others who seem to be as affected by Leonard's music as I am. I have never seen another artist twice on the same tour, but I found myself compelled to see him 6 times on the previous tour. I am looking forward enormously to Paris (28th, with my 2 daughters (aged 11 and 8)) and Dublin on 14th and, all being well, would love to meet some of you there. Oh, and for the record, a special mention to John Etherington and Vicomte, who have made me laugh out loud, many times! Tom
London o2 July 2008 and Nov 2008, NYC (Radio City Music Hall) May 2009, Weybridge July 2009, Lille Sept 2010, Las Vegas Dec 2010, Wembley 8 and 9 Sept 2012, Dublin Sept 2012, Paris Sept 2012, London 02 June 2013, Leeds Sept 2013, London o2 Sept 2013 ... and hopefully more to come.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

What a joy to see all these new members here. Congratulations on getting tickets! Some of you already have had the priviledge of attending a concert, while for others it will be a first - you will not be disappointed!

Some of you will be multiple posting, while others may never post again and that is alright. This forum, for the most part, is a warm and lovely place to be and offers so much information that you can't get anywhere else.

You have the opportunity to make friends, whether only through the forum, or through actual meetups (go, by all means, if you have the chance).

We are all united here because of our deep appreciation of all things LC - for many of us, through the forum, we have found that we are not alone in our admiration of LC.

Welcome to all of you!

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
loki17ie

Post by loki17ie »

Yes Nelly, Dublin concerts are outdoor and it's September so wrap up and be prepared for rain as well. Unless we get lucky
2008 Kilmainham (Dublin), Amsterdam
2009 O2 (Dublin), Nimes
2010 Lissadell (Sligo),
2012 Kilmainham (Dublin)
2013 Bercy (Paris), O2 Dublin
There's a blaze of light
In every word
It doesn't matter which you heard
TommyJ

Post by TommyJ »

MaryB, that's a very cheery posting, thanks!
London o2 July 2008 and Nov 2008, NYC (Radio City Music Hall) May 2009, Weybridge July 2009, Lille Sept 2010, Las Vegas Dec 2010, Wembley 8 and 9 Sept 2012, Dublin Sept 2012, Paris Sept 2012, London 02 June 2013, Leeds Sept 2013, London o2 Sept 2013 ... and hopefully more to come.

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”