Tickets

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
scocoh

Re: Tickets

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annmarie

Post by annmarie »

Can't help feeling aggrieved to find there are still so many good seats available on the internet (for Kilmainham). Much better than what I got in the presale. Much more expensive of course :!:
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Well this I would love an explanation for, tickets available for the 3rd Dublin show when they aren't even on sale yet!!

http://www.needaticket.ie/product_info. ... ts_id=1736
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

musicmania wrote:Well this I would love an explanation for, tickets available for the 3rd Dublin show when they aren't even on sale yet!!

http://www.needaticket.ie/product_info. ... ts_id=1736
Whatever the explanation is - it certainly can't be that the 'hidden' ticket link sent to Forum members for the pre-sale was posted on online forums where the general public could view it! (see the first post in this thread)
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
ronmed

Post by ronmed »

Anyone know when Ticketmaster will be issuing the tickets for the Dublin Sept. 11 / 12 concerts ?
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

ronmed wrote:Anyone know when Ticketmaster will be issuing the tickets for the Dublin Sept. 11 / 12 concerts ?
could be anytime up to a week or so before the shows, although mine have always turned up way earlier than that in the past... never had a problem of them not turning up though 8)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
racerbear02

Name and Shame, penalise the touts

Post by racerbear02 »

I have a suggestion to make, I do not know if it is possible at all, as I am aware that Jarkko has enough work to do, BUT in the light of what happened with the pre-sale links being posted elsewhere, I am sure that the genuine members of this forum would not like to have our future chance to get in early for tickets jeopardised by the profiteers and con artists.

I was lucky enough, thanks to Jarkko and Rob for allowing us this chance, to get tickets for Paris in the front row of the mezzanine for the Saturday night. I was a bit shocked at the price, but hey, what the heck, only time this year. :D

However last night I saw 6 tickets for Paris, 2nd row of the mezzanine on Friday for sale on fleabay at 800 US Dollars EACH!!

I can only assume from their position in the concert hall hat they were bought through the pre-sales offer.

In order to reassure the promoters that the people on here are genuine, it would surely be possible to find out who bought these tickets, and if they are forum members to 'Name and Shame' the robbing ba*****ds and ban them from the forum.

This would show the promoters that at least some of us are genuine, and hopefully preserve our chances for future pre-sale possibilities.

I have not posted the link, but if Jarkko wants it I will be happy to send it to him.

What do people think??
anneeshipley

Post by anneeshipley »

racerbear02 wrote:I have a suggestion to make, I do not know if it is possible at all, as I am aware that Jarkko has enough work to do, BUT in the light of what happened with the pre-sale links being posted elsewhere, I am sure that the genuine members of this forum would not like to have our future chance to get in early for tickets jeopardised by the profiteers and con artists.

I was lucky enough, thanks to Jarkko and Rob for allowing us this chance, to get tickets for Paris in the front row of the mezzanine for the Saturday night. I was a bit shocked at the price, but hey, what the heck, only time this year. :D

However last night I saw 6 tickets for Paris, 2nd row of the mezzanine on Friday for sale on fleabay at 800 US Dollars EACH!!

I can only assume from their position in the concert hall hat they were bought through the pre-sales offer.

In order to reassure the promoters that the people on here are genuine, it would surely be possible to find out who bought these tickets, and if they are forum members to 'Name and Shame' the robbing ba*****ds and ban them from the forum.

This would show the promoters that at least some of us are genuine, and hopefully preserve our chances for future pre-sale possibilities.

I have not posted the link, but if Jarkko wants it I will be happy to send it to him.

What do people think??

HERE HERE :)
gilly-rjd

Post by gilly-rjd »

I think it's wrong to assume that all the best seats are sold during the pre-sale - all ticket sellers are allocated a number of different priced seats, and they seem to release them to suit themselves.
I missed the pre-sale start for Paris, and when I got on-line was offered a seat 13 rows back from the stage. The following day, I bought a ticket through the general sales, and was able to buy a front row seat! So glad I waited a while.
On a slightly different note, I am disappointed in Sherpa Be's ticket sales for Guent. People (myself included) who managed to buy tickets within the first 20 minutes of the pre-sales have been given seats further back from those who bought them later on. Obviously, at the time of purchasing, your details were put into a file of 'golden circle', category 1. 2 etc. and then at a later time order details randomly retrieved and tickets sent out. I have yet to receive my tickets; an email response from them last week informed me that they hadn't been printed yet!!
Having said all that, I am immensely grateful, and thrilled, that I am able to attend any concerts at all.
Gilly.
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham
gilly-rjd

Post by gilly-rjd »

AN AFTERTHOUGHT - whilst doing the ironing.......

Gerard Drouot - the main ticket seller for concerts in France - have you collect your tickets in person at the venue 1 hour before the concert starts, with proof of purchase.
Surely, those people who purchase concert tickets - whether it's 1 or 20, with the intention of selling them on at a profit - would not be able to do this.
A pity more ticket sellers don't operate in this way - they would save on a lot of admin. work, and at least you know at time of purchase exactly what seat you've paid for, and not have to pay postage/print out fees.
I'll get back to the ironing now.......
Gilly.
Last edited by gilly-rjd on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham
Nefelly

Re: Tickets - Name and Shame

Post by Nefelly »

0ne major problem is that staff working for promoters and ticket sources like Viagogo and Seatwave ARE in tandem with each other. UK tv documentary all about this earlier in year with hidden cameras actually filming discussions as to how their methods work. they DO infiltrate fan websites and all work together. Employees of outfits like Viagogo are all issued with multiple genuine credit cards in their own names for pure purpose of buying tickets at presales as "genuine" fans. They then upload them onto their firm's website for sale as unwanted concert tickets being sold by a genuine fan who just happens to have instantly realised they cant use them !!! For a TAKE THAT tour last year, this problem was rife but in the end ticket agencies as above were binning 40 to 50 good tickets each concert night bcause they could not sell them !! That served them right but oh how sad for the youngsters so anxious to see a concert.

Its not merely a question of restraining the easy access to presales,passwords etc., but it is inherent in the ticket industry. Nothing it appears can be done legally to stop this. With such very clever infiltration by these organisations, its difficult to restrain. Their methods extend into top art exhibitions and even the well-known Last Night of the Proms from the Royal Albert Hall held every year.

They have it all beautifully sewn up sadly.

I think with the major interest in Leonard Cohen concerts worldwide now, it would be impossible to administer a fool-proof method without a massive amount of additional admin.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I counted no less than 7 very new forum members on the latest page of the thread for the Dublin pre-sale (3rd show), 6 of them first time posters and the vast majority of them saying "Help! I've never bought pre-sale tickets before. Can you tell me what to do". Doesn't that sum up the problems in a nutshell?

W
stargazer61

Post by stargazer61 »

Mabeanie1 wrote:I counted no less than 7 very new forum members on the latest page of the thread for the Dublin pre-sale (3rd show), 6 of them first time posters and the vast majority of them saying "Help! I've never bought pre-sale tickets before. Can you tell me what to do". Doesn't that sum up the problems in a nutshell?

W
It would be nice to think that at least some of the newbies are genuine fans who have just found this forum......after all we were all newbies once. However, I understand your disquiet
1970 IOW
2008 Birmingham
2009 Liverpool. Weybridge. Paris. Barcelona
2012 Paris.The Hop Farm.
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

Mabeanie1 wrote:I counted no less than 7 very new forum members on the latest page of the thread for the Dublin pre-sale (3rd show), 6 of them first time posters and the vast majority of them saying "Help! I've never bought pre-sale tickets before. Can you tell me what to do". Doesn't that sum up the problems in a nutshell?

W
Yes, I noticed that too.... and who's to say whether they are "genuine" fans (if I can still use that word :oops: ) or "chancers....

I think if we go back to the original notion of the presales, they were set up for "forum members" rather than "fans" - I guess that most of the people who want tickets will be genuine, so if the presales are for "fans", then it should be a free-for all.... if for forum members, then some more "exclusive" system should be in place.... I've said before, I wouldn't have a problem with going back to a free-for-all, and from other posts (here & elsewhere) it would seem that the presale doesn't necessarily get you better tickets... :shock: I wouldn't be unhappy with continuing pre-sales either, BUT any system for determining eligibility will be fraught with anomalies.... :roll:
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
victoriaplum

Post by victoriaplum »

The music industry these days is nothing short of depressing, in a nut shell. let's not blame fans though, it's the system that's the problem...it's completely unethical at best! the expense, the touts.
Dance me to the end of love
------------------------------------
'Live in London' 2008; Ghent 2012; London 2013.

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”