Tickets

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Vicomte

Re: Tickets

Post by Vicomte »

anneeshipley wrote:Vicomte

We first saw him Leeds Union and on researching this it seems it was May 1970 although I was sure it was earlier as left Leeds for distant shores in oct.1970----memory not as good as it was and obviously not an aficionado otherwise I would know date,time, what I was wearing and what the weather was like!! Cant forget Isle of Wight in 1970 though!!!

Anne
Anne, have no fear, I now what you mean about memory being iffy ;-) I was hoping you were at the 1967 concert, as I don't personally know anyone who was there.

The type of aficionado I meant though, was simply someone who took a pretty serious interest in something, in this case, L.C. Not strong enough though to know what one might be wearing, or even what the performer wore, although these days, it would be simple enough as L.C generally appears in the approx same style of get up :lol:

I never went to the I.O.W in 1970 to see L.C but to see other performers and only then when he appeared did I decide to stay awake and watch the gig (I think I might have already posted on this subject in the past on here)
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
anneeshipley

Post by anneeshipley »

Likewise re I.O.W ---at time I was much more interested in seeing others and just about managed to stay awake for LC --pleased I did as when I saw him at Leeds I was unsure...
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

John Etherington wrote:Of course, there is still the problem of how one acquires the title of "genuine fan"
Please excuse my "poetic licence," but I am inspired by a poem from Book of Longing:

Anyone who says
I am a fan
is a fan.
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

That definitely counts me out! :razz:
Hartmut

AW: Re: Tickets

Post by Hartmut »

LisaLCFan wrote: Anyone who says
I am a fan
is a fan.
:-)
da2008

Post by da2008 »

"Tickets"
davidwebb

Post by davidwebb »

i would like to thank everyone who works to keep this forum up to date and to provide the opportunity for fans to get tickets. i was so pleased to get tickets for Paris, after a little trouble at first in logging on to the site, but that done the tickets arrived within a few days. unfortunately my IT skills were so poor, i found out that i had puchased 6 tickets instead of my intended 3. costly!!! i therefore have 3 seats for sale to genuine fans for face value price. i think they cost 199 euros each. actually i don't mind that much, i would have paid whatever to get to see the great man one more time. my first time seeing LC live was at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1979 off the back of his Recent Songs album. It was all so long ago. if any genuine fan wants my extra tickets then make me an offer, whatever you can afford up to face value.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

FOXWOOD wrote:2 tickets on sale through VIagogo for Kilmainham, Tuesday, 11 September 2012 block a4 row B £1136-32!
Did any forum members manage to get tickets for the first few rows in the presale?
Yes, but I only wanted single tickets which might make a difference.

W
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

joyezekiel wrote:John - you are the voice of reason on this entire Forum.

Joy
Yes, always thought so, John, and long may that continue. Lately though a lot of "star stuff" from you. Astrology and reason don't really go together, do they ? :!:
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Mystic Meg thinks so..............You don't think......no surely not !! ;-)
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

If anyone wants to discuss that, they should start a different thread (Leonard seemed happy with the astro-profile I wrote in the 90s and gave me permission to publish it). But, back to Tickets!
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

I think most of us have said what we need to say about Tickets, at this stage - to what effect, who knows? Except perhaps to wonder should Presales be abandoned now? Fine I'm sure when there was a small membership in the Forum, and when most of those outside this Forum couldn't care less about LC. Now, however, every blogger/ tweeter etc. ( some of them Forum members ) directs people here, so the days of Forum members automatically getting first row seats in presales is gone. ( No harm, maybe - led to some Forum members thinking they had a God-given / Leonard-given - same thing for some?! right to first row seats!!! ) Better now perhaps to let everyone take their chance against the ticket touts, who are getting more ruthless by the day...
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
shakina

Post by shakina »

Could I please ask for assistance?! I was so lucky to see both concerts (2009 and 2010) in Vancouver, with a 7th row seat for the second show!! But I do not want to leave it up to chance for the upcoming North American 2012 dates. How exactly does the presale work? I am determined to get 1st row/center seats for this one! Thank-you for your help. I have attached photos of my tickets and program, and my LC bumper-sticker to show that I am sincere, and not one of the losers buying and selling the tickets. (Hmm....I attached the photo files but obviously I am doing something incorrectly.....I am happy to send anyone the photos if they like!)
Last edited by shakina on Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
coolfadda

Post by coolfadda »

TipperaryAnn wrote:I think most of us have said what we need to say about Tickets, at this stage - to what effect, who knows? Except perhaps to wonder should Presales be abandoned now? Fine I'm sure when there was a small membership in the Forum, and when most of those outside this Forum couldn't care less about LC. Now, however, every blogger/ tweeter etc. ( some of them Forum members ) directs people here, so the days of Forum members automatically getting first row seats in presales is gone. ( No harm, maybe - led to some Forum members thinking they had a God-given / Leonard-given - same thing for some?! right to first row seats!!! ) Better now perhaps to let everyone take their chance against the ticket touts, who are getting more ruthless by the day...
I second that TipperaryAnn. We are so lucky we have forgotten it. First world problems .....
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

coolfadda wrote:
TipperaryAnn wrote:I think most of us have said what we need to say about Tickets, at this stage - to what effect, who knows? Except perhaps to wonder should Presales be abandoned now? Fine I'm sure when there was a small membership in the Forum, and when most of those outside this Forum couldn't care less about LC. Now, however, every blogger/ tweeter etc. ( some of them Forum members ) directs people here, so the days of Forum members automatically getting first row seats in presales is gone. ( No harm, maybe - led to some Forum members thinking they had a God-given / Leonard-given - same thing for some?! right to first row seats!!! ) Better now perhaps to let everyone take their chance against the ticket touts, who are getting more ruthless by the day...
I second that TipperaryAnn. We are so lucky we have forgotten it. First world problems .....
I'll go along with that too.... so many 'members' are going for the presale that it's not that different to a regular sale.... I know it's not very charitable, but I will admit to getting a bit pissed off at the number of first time posters asking "how I do I get the presale tickets?" Back to the free for all I reckon.....
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”