Tickets

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
RobH

Tickets

Post by RobH »

it has come to my attention that the 'hidden' ticket link we sent to Forum members for the pre-sale were posted on online forums where the general public can view it, fans and non-fans alike, then it seems like an easy target for touts? Facebook was one , amongst others. If you do this you are only cheating real fellow fans out of the best tickets. Please stop this practice immediately and tell your friends to do so also, otherwise what is the point of us going to all of the trouble to help you?
Rob Hallett
keanrn5y

Re: Tickets

Post by keanrn5y »

It was possible to purchase tickets directly from ticketmaster.ie yesterday when the presale started which defeated the purpose of having a fanclub preale link.
Born With The Gift Of A G

Post by Born With The Gift Of A G »

Isn't it simply astonishing how so many self-proclaimed 'lifetime fans of Leonard Cohen' have just happened to become members of this Forum in the last few days......?
"Little lady.....I AM Kris Kristofferson....."
London: 10 & 11 May 1993; Manchester: 17, 18, 19 & 20 June 2008; Vienna: 25 September 2008; London: 17 November 2008; Paris: 26 November 2008; Manchester: 30 November 2008; Liverpool: 14 July 2009; Paris: 28 September 2012; Manchester: 31 August 2013; Leeds: 7 September 2013.
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

I saw a post saying that here yesterday and put it to the test and I wasn't able to access the tickets without the link on the Forum. Rob is right though. The idea of the presales is for the benefit of members of this Forum and nobody else. Jarkko and others do great work to allow for the presales in the first place and if people here are then providing the links elsewhere on the internet what is the point if it is gonna be a free for all. We noticed tickets from the presale on sale elsewhere on the internet for the Dublin shows on Ebay and other sites at seriously inflated prices which given a lot of got undesirable tickets is very annoying!
Problem is though I think the people who shared the links are those who would have only joined in the last couple of days. I can't imagine any long term members or my friends being stupid enough to share this valuable information but then again I could be wrong!
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Well said Rob

What utter fools some people can be. jarkko and his team do a sterling job, pre-sales especially as it must be so hard for them to please everyone and then you get people doing such an idiotic act, which must be so galling to jarkko and the team.

It is a shame you can't find out who they are and their name on here and make them sine die on the leonardcohenforum.com .
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Isn't it simply astonishing how so many self-proclaimed 'lifetime fans of Leonard Cohen' have just happened to become members of this Forum in the last few days......?
Can't imagine why that would be ;-)
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Great to have Rob joining our Forum, and he did it now because he has something important to tell us. A lot of concert tickets have been on sale at eBay and on tout websites at very high prices. A number of these tickets have very probably been bought at our presales. Some of our members have published the presale links on Facebook and other similar open sites where the links are much easier to find than here on this Forum. This MUST be stopped, or alternatively we will not have any presales at all in the future. We may also test with some new tricks so that only real fans have access to these special tickets.

For those who don't know: Rob is Rob Hallett, head of AEG in London, the international tour organizer. Rob is also a long-time Cohen fan, and the man who persuaded Leonard to go back on the road in 2008! As most of you know, our presale info always comes from AEG.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
coolfadda

Post by coolfadda »

RobH wrote:it has come to my attention that the 'hidden' ticket link we sent to Forum members for the pre-sale were posted on online forums where the general public can view it, fans and non-fans alike, then it seems like an easy target for touts? Facebook was one , amongst others. If you do this you are only cheating real fellow fans out of the best tickets. Please stop this practice immediately and tell your friends to do so also, otherwise what is the point of us going to all of the trouble to help you?
Rob Hallett
Its not fair to the genuine fans at all. I suggest the link be sent to fans who have been members of the forum for 4 years or more for the remaining concerts It could be sent to their email account or pm on site. I think this may even exclude me but it would be worth it just so fans can get a decent pre-sale.
Gabby

Post by Gabby »

Yea, bit sickened to hear about the usual money-grabbers that are out there. Is there no way the tickets can be traced back to the original purchasers and have them removed from the forum?? I'm a new member myself but believe me nothing and no one could come between me and my tickets for that lovely man! ;-)
So sorry to hear this is happening, especially when you consider the work Jarkko and the others, including Rob, do for the real fan!
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

coolfadda wrote:Its not fair to the genuine fans at all. I suggest the link be sent to fans who have been members of the forum for 4 years or more for the remaining concerts It could be sent to their email account or pm on site. I think this may even exclude me but it would be worth it just so fans can get a decent pre-sale.
Woah I'm all for making sure the real fans are looked after but that is a little harsh. I know some forums use the number of posts but I don't think that is fair either but I would have a cut of date for membership of maybe a year or something like that.

Also would it be possible that the sellers eg Ticketmaster in our case do not publicise that there is a presale as I noticed on other forums that people had seen there was a presale and then wanted information. I conveniently stopped posting then until after the presale as no way was I giving them answers!
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Surely a lot of the problem could have been solved by simply having a block on new Forum registrations, say from the date that the news that there was to be an announcement on March 26 was made public. That would have prevented 100s of new members from joining simply to access the pre-sales. I have lost count of the number of posts I have seen from new members asking about pre-sale passwords.

AEG are very generous to us with the pre-sale opportunities they offer us and I can understand Rob's anger that they facility has been abused. I would like to put on record my gratitude to Rob and his colleagues. I am sure they realise that the vast majority of us here are genuine fans who appreciate the opportunities they give us so that we can enjoy Leonard's music from the best seats, not just make a quick buck.

Wendy
Grainnemhaoil

Post by Grainnemhaoil »

RobH wrote:it has come to my attention that the 'hidden' ticket link we sent to Forum members for the pre-sale were posted on online forums where the general public can view it, fans and non-fans alike, then it seems like an easy target for touts? Facebook was one , amongst others. If you do this you are only cheating real fellow fans out of the best tickets. Please stop this practice immediately and tell your friends to do so also, otherwise what is the point of us going to all of the trouble to help you?
Rob Hallett
The problem is that the "hidden" ticket link is not hidden, it is posted on this online forum where the general public can view it, although I didn't realise that someone had been stupid enough to post it on facebook. It is sickening to see tickets on eBay for 3 times their face value with the seller proudly stating they were bought through the fan presale, I couldn't get any decent tickets for Dublin on the 12th in the presale as they all appeared to be gone. As long as the link remians available to the public this will happen more and more often. The link will have to be hidden properly, or only available to fans who have been active forum members for > 12 months or something, but it definitely has to be taken out of the public domain.

BTW Rob, the real fans genuinely appreciate all the trouble that you go to to help us out. It makes us really happy. Thank you very much.
Oh God, The Trees Are Excellent.
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

I apologise to Rob on behalf of the mean spirited people that posted the presale info elsewhere. Unbelievable. I have to agree with Wendy that I think a good idea is to block new members joining as soon as a tour is announced. Jarkko and Maarten are extremely lovely helpful people and are fuul of encouragement to new members. I do not fault that, but the net is the net and a lot of non LC fans can lurk here and take advantage of the goodness of our maderators. The dublin sale was a bit of a fiasco and we were conned without the seating plan. I had row ten in a4 and refused it as i thought that was to the side of stage and wanted A5, and it turns out that A4 was the centre after all. I also was charged for another copy of Old Ideas with my tickets purchase as i clicked on Fan Presale.... shame... shame... Fans already have the CD!!!

Anyways enough of my rantings.

Thanks Rob and Jarkko for all you do for us.
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

Rob Hallett
I would like to thank Rob for all his efforts to get tickets to the real fans.
I have managed to get good seats for all the concerts that I have attended thanks to the efforts of every one on this forum.
However it is becoming harder to beat the touts. I have a few suggestions that maybe of help.

Ticketmaster showed on their site that there would be a fan pre- sale at 9am on Thurs for Dublin.if you were then to search on google for "Leonard Cohen pre-sale" then the links would come up for anyone to see.
If the pre-sale links are to appear on the forum they could be in an area that you have to log into to see (like the politics section).
If the link wasn't under the title of "pre-sale" then it would be harder to search for in in google.The post could be called "Dublin attractions" again to stop google searches.
There could be a cascade of the pre- sale links from member to member via PMs before the links appear on the forum.
My last suggestion is that he contacts me directly and cuts out the middle man .(I will forward my email to him for any UK pre sales) .
There must be some way to get pre sale tickets to the real fans.
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
basecamp

Post by basecamp »

Grainnemhaoil wrote:
Rob Hallett
The problem is that the "hidden" ticket link is not hidden, it is posted on this online forum where the general public can view it, although I didn't realise that someone had been stupid enough to post it on facebook. It is sickening to see tickets on eBay for 3 times their face value with the seller proudly stating they were bought through the fan presale, I couldn't get any decent tickets for Dublin on the 12th in the presale as they all appeared to be gone. As long as the link remians available to the public this will happen more and more often. The link will have to be hidden properly, or only available to fans who have been active forum members for > 12 months or something, but it definitely has to be taken out of the public domain.

BTW Rob, the real fans genuinely appreciate all the trouble that you go to to help us out. It makes us really happy. Thank you very much.
You are absolutelly right,Grainnemhaoil! As long as the ticket links are not hidden, scalpers will take avantage of this open policy on this forum. Many thanks to Rob Hallett for supporting Jarkko and the forum members! Much appreciated!
- Hans
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”