DUBLIN 2012

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Gio19

Re: DUBLIN 2012

Post by Gio19 »

When mediterranean people read "its bloody cold sitting outside" written by somebody living in Ireland, they start feeling frozen in spite of the 25 C we're having here now-- raining though. :roll: :lol:
Well, I know the UK for many years and just spent a wonderful time in August in the Staffordshire countryside.. but Summer "is a distant memory..." and time to think to pack for a chilly Autumn.
Sorry, what means "thermals"? Can't find it, just understand it's something keeping warm.
Die Züge deiner, die dem Blut verschworen,
der Menschheit altem, allgemeinen Blut,
die sah ich wohl und gab mich doch verloren,
schlummerbedeckt und schweigend deiner Flut.

- Gottfried Benn

Post by real-alan »

Gio19 wrote:
Sorry, what means "thermals"? Can't find it, just understand it's something keeping warm.
Hi Gio.... "Thermals" is a shortened term for "Thermal Underwear" - you probably don't know what that is either :lol: Up here in the frozen North, we can buy underwear (vests and long pants) that are supposed to have extra heat retention qualities.... and we may need them next week... :shock:
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
Gio19

Post by Gio19 »

Hi Alan, I think I know what thermal underwear is! Thank you! :D
We use that kind of vests and long pants (at times all in one) for skiing in the mountains, I had when younger and going for walks over snow or ice-skating! Dolomites aren't that far from my hometown after all.
Just it isn't something you think of in September here.. :lol: Hope to find and buy in Dublin if not available here yet.
Then Leonard's warm glow is absolutely needed.. :D
Die Züge deiner, die dem Blut verschworen,
der Menschheit altem, allgemeinen Blut,
die sah ich wohl und gab mich doch verloren,
schlummerbedeckt und schweigend deiner Flut.

- Gottfried Benn

Post by MaryB »

holydove wrote:
cathal wrote:Can't wait for 14th. We saw him in the O2 in dublin two years ago and for the first time in my 53 years of hetrosexuality a 75 year old man turned me on! He still haunts my dreams. My wife calls his name out in her sleep and I wake her up to console her. He's a poet and a shepherd.
:D
:lol: This is priceless, cathal - thank you! I've heard some gay women express the same startling experience, so you are not alone at all. I think the rocks in the park & the corpses in the graveyard would say the same thing. . .
Double priceless - thanks for the laughs.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

FanForLife wrote: I suggest packing your thermals at the very least.
Thermals in September??? :roll: It's been positively balmy here in the south for the last week. 8)
It does get a bit chilly at night, yes, so something warm is definitely needed - I saw a few women in Lissadell shivering in clothes more suited to the tropics... Must remember to pack a woolly jumper as well as the rain gear, although as you say, Alan, the forecasts sound encouraging - we might just be lucky!

Cohenadmirer summed it up well: Hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
FanForLife

Post by FanForLife »

TipperaryAnn wrote:Thermals in September??? :roll: Cohenadmirer summed it up well: Hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.
I guess an alternaive would be a naggin (translation: Hip Flask) in the pocket but this may not endear you to the organisers.
2008 - dublin (kilmainham - the best, ever)
2009 - dublin (The Point) and tampa and NY(MSG) and san jose
2010 - sligo (second best) and oakland and portland and las vegas
2011 - lenny and me were resting, so we were
2012 - dublin (kilmainham again) and austin
2013 - dublin (The Point, 2 times)
2014 & 2015-enjoying the memories and saving the pennies; just in case; just in case..............
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

FanForLife wrote:
TipperaryAnn wrote:Thermals in September??? :roll: Cohenadmirer summed it up well: Hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.
I guess an alternaive would be a naggin (translation: Hip Flask) in the pocket but this may not endear you to the organisers.
Not so much an "alternative" as an additional requirement... ;-)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

mpcahill

Post by mpcahill »

Any update on ETA of Mr Cohen on stage?

A few friends and I intend to make a day of it and go for something to eat (and a bottle of wine ;-)) beforehand. :)
So, It would be useful to know whether we need to be in the queue at RHK at 18:00 or 19:00.
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

It just says 4pm on ticketmaster. I presume that is the time for doors to open.

As for the weather for Tuesday, thermals certainly needed if metcheck is right. Spots of rain during the day but from 7pm on it is to be dry with temperatures of 9C but feeling like 2C! :shock:
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
mutti

Post by mutti »

Yet again another concert I will be at in spirit but not in person.
I actually do have 2 very good seats for the first night in Dublin the 11th that I bought thinking I would be coming. I planned to take my nephew who is working in Dublin. He grew up in Canada but does not know Leonard's music very well.
Turns out he will be there without me! He is very excited...and I will have to make do with being glued to the computer.
I ended up being in Ireland in May for 2 weeks so am not able to make it back this year.
Enjoy everyone! Wish I could be there.
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
pauleile

Post by pauleile »

Hi all,

Just got the following reply from the promoters POD Live to a question on their Facebook page:

Leonard will be on stage at 7:15, sorry for delay. It was only confirmed today.

pauleile
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

pauleile wrote:
Leonard will be on stage at 7:15, sorry for delay. It was only confirmed today.

pauleile
Well done Pauleile! Official confirmation at last. ( Although the more people think it's 7 the better - less annoying latecomers then. )This basic information has been guarded like the 3rd. secret of Fatima until now. (Irish members will understand this reference) My email to pod resulted in someone who was on holidays saying he'd be back next Monday! FB rules ok - should have known.

Ridiculous that the starting time should be witheld from the local promoter and ticketsellers until now (presumably by AEG and/or LC management ) - people need to make travelling arrangements.
loki17ie

Post by loki17ie »

Yes Pauleile, well done. I have spent the last hour trying to find this information. No wonder this country is in such a state when we can't even let people know what time a concert is starting at. It seems such a basic but necessary piece of information that should be on the ticket. Not all the idiots are in Dail Eireann, unfortunately. :(
2008 Kilmainham (Dublin), Amsterdam
2009 O2 (Dublin), Nimes
2010 Lissadell (Sligo),
2012 Kilmainham (Dublin)
2013 Bercy (Paris), O2 Dublin
There's a blaze of light
In every word
It doesn't matter which you heard
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

loki17ie wrote: It seems such a basic but necessary piece of information that should be on the ticket.
Yes, you would think so! But each level of the pyramid ( see Leif's highly entertaining tour diary) blames the one above it for not providing the information. Surprise... :)
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

TipperaryAnn wrote:
loki17ie wrote: It seems such a basic but necessary piece of information that should be on the ticket.
Yes, you would think so! But each level of the pyramid ( see Leif's highly entertaining tour diary) blames the one above it for not providing the information. Surprise... :)
Good to know the time for definite.... and it'll mean the Dubs know they don't need to leave home until 7.30... :lol:

Ironic that it'll be the ones who live "down the road" will be the ones coming in late and disturbing us... but then I'm a culchie, and don't understand that it's "cool" to turn up late for a show.... :roll:

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”