DUBLIN 2012

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
cohenadmirer

Re: DUBLIN 2012

Post by cohenadmirer »

Kali wrote:If you go on Acu weather it gives 24 day forecast. Looks like its going to be a mixture of sun, cloud and not too much rain :D :D
Bear in mind that the accuracy of weather forecasts goes down after 5 days and at 24 days is arguably informed guess work !
Espscially so in the uk and ireland :?

As they say hope for the best but be prepared for the worst
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

cohenadmirer wrote:Bear in mind that the accuracy of weather forecasts goes down after 5 days and at 24 days is arguably informed guess work !
Espscially so in the uk and ireland :?
In my bit of Ireland they're not even reliable on the same day... :roll: :roll:
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

real-alan wrote:
In my bit of Ireland they're not even reliable on the same day... :roll: :roll:
That's what you get Alan for living beside the Atlantic instead of in the sunny ( :lol: ) south-east!

And Cohenadmirer, I hope you're right about long range weather forecasts being unreliable, because today I see Acu is predicting thunderstorms for the 14th and 15th. Now THAT would be fun - instead of looking up at the moon, Leonard could look up and say : "May I draw your attention to the lightning? "
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Oh I am afraid to think of what the weather will be like but the moon will hardly be visable as there is a new moon due on September 16th. Blue Moon this Friday though ;-)
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

musicmania wrote: the moon will hardly be visible as there is a new moon due on September 16th.
Aw, pity, but when Leonard works his magic we won't care. We were speculating about the weather and checking the moon 2 years ago for Lissadell too - isn't it great to be able to do all this again! :D
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

TipperaryAnn wrote:
musicmania wrote: the moon will hardly be visible as there is a new moon due on September 16th.
Aw, pity, but when Leonard works his magic we won't care. We were speculating about the weather and checking the moon 2 years ago for Lissadell too - isn't it great to be able to do all this again! :D
Absolutely :D I am so excited :D
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

arran

Post by arran »

Didn't realise that Kilmainham was an outdoor venue. Can you confirm.
2012 Dublin Kilmainham
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

arran wrote:Didn't realise that Kilmainham was an outdoor venue. Can you confirm.
Yes Kilmainham is outdoors.

cathal

Post by cathal »

Can't wait for 14th. We saw him in the O2 in dublin two years ago and for the first time in my 53 years of hetrosexuality a 75 year old man turned me on! He still haunts my dreams. My wife calls his name out in her sleep and I wake her up to console her. He's a poet and a shepherd.
Tickets say Kilmainham concert starts at 4pm although somewhere on this board it was posted that Leonard will take the stage at 7pm. Both times seem ridiculously early. Can anybody confirm with a degree of accuracy. Sister-in-law and hubby are flying in from Manchester at 5pm. I will not be found waiting at arrivals in dublin airport if the gift of golden voice is being aired in Kilmainham
:D
shipley

Post by shipley »

cathal wrote:Can't wait for 14th. We saw him in the O2 in dublin two years ago and for the first time in my 53 years of hetrosexuality a 75 year old man turned me on! He still haunts my dreams. My wife calls his name out in her sleep and I wake her up to console her. He's a poet and a shepherd.
Tickets say Kilmainham concert starts at 4pm although somewhere on this board it was posted that Leonard will take the stage at 7pm. Both times seem ridiculously early. Can anybody confirm with a degree of accuracy. Sister-in-law and hubby are flying in from Manchester at 5pm. I will not be found waiting at arrivals in dublin airport if the gift of golden voice is being aired in Kilmainham
I have seen various times posted too, and I think that 7pm seems the most likely.... but does anyone have a definitive answer?

.. and Cathal... I'm heterosexual too, but I know what you mean.... saw him for the first time in 2008.. missed out the last time around (didn't know this forum was here.. doh!), but soooo looking forward to Dublin... just over a week to go now....
LHHUNTER

Post by LHHUNTER »

Hi, Just wondering if any forum Dubliners can advise what bus or tram runs from the city centre to Kilmainham :?: Forgive me if this is already posted elsewhere :oops:
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

LHHUNTER wrote:Hi, Just wondering if any forum Dubliners can advise what bus or tram runs from the city centre to Kilmainham :?
Some Dubliner (where have they all gone? ) might advise you about the bus, but the red Luas line (tram) will take you from the city centre to Kilmainham - Heuston stop, right in front of Heuston railway station. Then walk up the Military road at the left side of the Station and there is IMMA !
Last edited by TipperaryAnn on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holydove

Post by holydove »

cathal wrote:Can't wait for 14th. We saw him in the O2 in dublin two years ago and for the first time in my 53 years of hetrosexuality a 75 year old man turned me on! He still haunts my dreams. My wife calls his name out in her sleep and I wake her up to console her. He's a poet and a shepherd.
:lol: This is priceless, cathal - thank you! I've heard some gay women express the same startling experience, so you are not alone at all. I think the rocks in the park & the corpses in the graveyard would say the same thing. . .
FanForLife

Post by FanForLife »

From Dublin. The evening skies are clear this week meaning its bloody cold sitting outside. I sat in a garden less than a mile from kilmainham this evening and it was far from comfortable due to the chill. So if you are travelling for his I suggest packing your thermals at the very least. And if you don't have thermals then buy some, your not getting any younger.

And appro the last few posts can I say for the record that while I'm most certainly not heterosexual, LC doesn't turn me on in any way. I simply think he is a great wordsmith, a great performer and a charismatic entertainer.
2008 - dublin (kilmainham - the best, ever)
2009 - dublin (The Point) and tampa and NY(MSG) and san jose
2010 - sligo (second best) and oakland and portland and las vegas
2011 - lenny and me were resting, so we were
2012 - dublin (kilmainham again) and austin
2013 - dublin (The Point, 2 times)
2014 & 2015-enjoying the memories and saving the pennies; just in case; just in case..............
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

FanForLife wrote:From Dublin. The evening skies are clear this week meaning its bloody cold sitting outside. I sat in a garden less than a mile from kilmainham this evening and it was far from comfortable due to the chill. So if you are travelling for his I suggest packing your thermals at the very least. And if you don't have thermals then buy some, your not getting any younger.
I know what you mean FfL... been bloomin' cold up in Donegal the past few evenings (even resorted to lighting a fire, and the Summer duvet is a distant memory... :cry: ) - However, the forecast for Dublin next Tuesday is not too bad... Partly sunny during the day, and partly cloudy during the evening.... and, of course, we will all be basking in the wonderful warm glow generated by Leonard and his band (or "Leonard & his session musicians..." :lol: ) - I'll probably still be packing my thermals though... ;-)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”