DUBLIN 2012

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
real-alan

DUBLIN 2012

Post by real-alan »

Moved from the pre-sale thread...

Just a suggestion.. wouldn't want to be thought of as being "bossy" :oops: :oops: but now we all have our tickets, shall we move off the pre-sale thread, and onto a Dublin thread?

I heard the John Murray show podcast (see above) hilarious.... John to Contestant 1, Betty " are you a big Leonard Cohen Fan?" "No, not really... I do like one or two of his songs..." (and then neither contestant could answer any of the six questions... :lol: :lol: )
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
themucaro

Re: DUBLIN 2012

Post by themucaro »

Still no confirmation on that third date, strange that 2FM would have an ad at 10am
2008: Benicassim, Spain
2009: Dublin, Ireland and Madrid, Spain
2010: Grenoble, France and Tours, France
2012: Dublin x 2
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

It was a pre recorded ad and I think they expected the 1st 2 shows to sell a lot quicker than they have. Hopefully we will get our third date.
Alan I also posted the podcast of Facebook and I like Rob Hallet's comment : SAD :lol:
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

Just a quick one on accommodation - the Ashling Hotel, just 1k from the venue, is still showing availability (at sensible prices) for 11th and 12th of September.... and no, I'm not on commission... 8)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

arnie

Post by arnie »

First post on the forum.

I booked the ashling hotel this morning via alpharooms.com. I've never been before friend told me he stayed there and it's pretty nice. Aplharooms were charging 74 sterling room only or 84 sterling b&b for 2people.hope this helps
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

arnie wrote:First post on the forum.
Welcome Arnie.... :D

annmarie

Post by annmarie »

Jeez, another thread for Dublin :!:
How many do we need? There's already the Kilmainham one. It's going to be difficult to keep track :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kyla

Post by kyla »

Rang RTE when I heard that a third date was announced the girl was very helpful and listened to both copies
she had. says that the only promo was in relation to the tuesday and Wednesay and there is nothing to change
over the weekend. she also said "thats not to say things could change on Monday"

I have my tickets for both nights and but sister just rang saying she would now like to go, this would be he first
Leonard Cohen gig if she she gets to go, we checked out ticket master but only tickets now in the furthest block.

did someone on here say they purchased tickets and is selling at face value, cant find that mail now.
Leax

Post by Leax »

kyla wrote:Rang RTE when I heard that a third date was announced the girl was very helpful and listened to both copies
she had. says that the only promo was in relation to the tuesday and Wednesay and there is nothing to change
over the weekend. she also said "thats not to say things could change on Monday"

I have my tickets for both nights and but sister just rang saying she would now like to go, this would be he first
Leonard Cohen gig if she she gets to go, we checked out ticket master but only tickets now in the furthest block.

did someone on here say they purchased tickets and is selling at face value, cant find that mail now.
ISome for sale here: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=31751
Kilmainham 2008, Berlin 2008, O2 Dublin 2009, Kilmainham 11th & 14th Sept 2012, 02 Dublin Sept 2013
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

According to Ticketmaster 2nd Dublin concert is sold out and first Dublin concert only has individual tickets remaining :D
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

kyla

Post by kyla »

TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

musicmania wrote:It was a pre recorded ad and I think they expected the 1st 2 shows to sell a lot quicker than they have.
I see the POD site claims that the first concert sold out in 10 minutes, and the other "within hours".

Still not marked "sold out" on Ticketmaster, though; very confusing for those still trying to get tickets.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Well POD are full of crap because the second concert sold out first and it was well after lunch as I kept checking back in the hope of getting better tickets. At 5.28pm there was still tickets available for the 1st concert, however only when doing searches for one ticket. Searches for 2 or more tickets came back as unavailable.

TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

musicmania wrote: Well POD are full of crap .
:lol: :lol: :lol:
(And most other "big bodies" involved in the concert promotion business too ? )

No wonder POD and Ticketmaster couldn't get their act together to have seating charts available on time.
No wonder some posts express cynicism and disillusionment with the whole process.

And yet.... And yet... Kyla's post on this thread: "Cannot wait for LC " is hard to disagree with!
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
scarlet

Post by scarlet »

Both Dublin concerts seem to be sold out now

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”