accommodation hints for Paris

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
LC&LC

accommodation hints for Paris

Post by LC&LC »

to those of you needing accommodation in Paris, I checked on the internet and here are a couple of cheap hotels (under 120 euros) that could be either conveniently located or nice
hotel du moulin vert http://www.hotel-moulinvert.com/en/ left bank, but direct tube to St Lazare which is 10 min walk from the Olympia
hotel de la paix http://www.hoteldelapaix.com/
grand hotel de turin http://www.hoteldeturin.com/index.php/en/ in Pigalle
or ibis montmartre http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-0697- ... tion.shtml in Pigalle too
if you need any help, please feel free to contact me
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
jradesquire

Re: accommodation hints for Paris

Post by jradesquire »

Many thanks for taking the time out to do this. Do you know how far the Ibis is from the olympia?
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

I would think it would be a 20/25 min walk (going downhill) to the Olympia, otherwise, there's a direct bus, the ibis is located at the tube station Place de Clichy
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

LC & LC - thank you for those links, but in addition,
could forum members please let me know what hotels they will be staying in. I am looking at about 10 options right now and your info would be extremely helpful. Right now, I am at a complete loss.

Kindest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
rpan

Post by rpan »

Hotels in Paris. I identified some nice cheap and cheerful aparthotel rooms and things nearby but they were all booked up so I have had to fork out nearly 200 euro for one night at an alarmingly trendy boutique hotel! Triangle D'Or, very near venue I think, "next door". 3 star.

http://www.hoteldutriangledor.com/
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi ... rance.html
"We were broken then, but now we're borderline"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: Dublin - Lisbon - Barcelona - San Jose
2010: Sligo - Florence - Marseille - Lille - Las Vegas
2012: Wembley - Kilmainham - Paris - Montreal
2013: London O2 - Lucca - Dublin
gilly-rjd

Post by gilly-rjd »

Spent hours yesterday searching for reasonable hotels within walking distance of Olympia Hall - don't fancy wandering/staggering around the streets of Paris or underground stations in the early hours.........
Anyway, approx. 5 mins away on foot, just off Boulevard Italiens, I found the 3*Hotel Helder Opera. I booked the last single room (90 euros), but doubles still available. I booked with venere.com who take card details but no money! ie. you pay on arrival.
Hope that's helpful, but book soon; I was amazed how many hotels were fully booked around the area.
Gilly.
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

Paris accomodations have always been expensive.
You don't need to stay near the Olympia theater, an expensive and very touristy area.
Paris metro is very easy and as safe as in other capital cities around Europe. When looking for a hotel just check the metro stations nearby.
I suggest the Marais area, many little and friendly hotels over there. Good little restaurants and shopping. Very, very "French" style!
Have also a look to offers flight+hotel usually interesting in cities like Paris.
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Thank you so much rpan, Gilly, and Beatriz for all your input!

rpan and Gilly,
The hotels you picked are really nice looking. Yours, Gilly, is a great value for the money I was quoted - 2 people, 4 nights =$618.00! rpan, I love the fact that this hotel has a bar/lounge. Proximity to the Olympia and other tourist sites is excellent, with one of them being on a bus line that goes direct to Charles de Gaulle airport - all pluses. My problem is, I have a terrible habit. I am a smoker :oops: and neither of these have smoking rooms.

Beatriz,
I know what you are saying, but, it being our first time in Paris, we would prefer a 'touristy area'. So much easier for us to be able to find everything. When we were in Barcelona, we opted to stay in the area most people stay away from - Las Ramblas, and we loved it! We stayed at Le Meridian (a bit pricey for our taste), with a room over the side street which was wonderful because the noise level was almost non-existant!

I guess what I am looking for is a 3* hotel, close to the venue and other tourist sites (looks like the Louvre section?), with accessibility to bus and tourist touring bus lines, some sidewalk cafes in the area, and has smoking rooms. I know I am asking for a lot, but, hopefully someone here is looking for something similar and has found it or can suggest something.

Kindest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
chillymidnight

Post by chillymidnight »

Hi - I'm looking for accomodation in Paris for Sat 29th. Any ideas? Diane
There's music on Clinton Street all through the evening.
Paris 2012, Toronto 2012 x2. Paris 2013, London 2013 x 2, Rotterdam 2013, Amsterdam 2013
chillymidnight

Help! Need accom in Paris for 29th and 30th

Post by chillymidnight »

Hi - I've been been let down (misunderstanding) with my travel agent. So I've been looking on-line most of the a'noon and can't find anywhere to stay in Paris. I've tried the hotels rec in the 'accomodation hints for Paris' thread. I'm going to the LC concert on Sunday 30th. Arriving in Paris Sat 29th eve. Would be greatful for any suggestions. Thanks Diane
There's music on Clinton Street all through the evening.
Paris 2012, Toronto 2012 x2. Paris 2013, London 2013 x 2, Rotterdam 2013, Amsterdam 2013
audies

Post by audies »

I only booked last week, this weekend seems especially busy.
Hostelworld and hotels.com had a few options in the marais, Bastille areas.
I would suggest following the metro lines out that serve the Olympia, eg line 8, as central Paris is very bust, and expensive at this stage.

Show Start time 7 or 8?
Kilmainham x 3 / Lucca x 1 / O2 Dublin x 3 / Venice x 1 / Prague x 1 / Sligo x 2 / Bratislava x 1

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”