Meet Alexandru Bublitchi

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Inna

Re: Meet Alexandru Bublitchi

Post by Inna »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGqmDRYvPIo

This is one of the links to see this talented musician closer. From 1.39.

And on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=givhkjIMWxI Javier Mas is there too in both videos.

A real treat this is going to be.
"climb on your tears and be silent, like the rose on its ladder of thorn."
Paris 07/07/09, Tel-Aviv 24/09/09, Salzburg 27/07/10
B4real

Post by B4real »

Here's Alex and Xavier with Jackson Browne and the band playing and singing Leonard's 'A Thousand Kisses Deep' quite recently on June 10th at McCabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica, California. Lots of smiles and great musical connections to each other.

Alex is playing a prominent part in this song - all goes well for the future. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB0g5DwpGaM
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Inna

Post by Inna »

Thanks B4real. Beautiful Gypsy music this.
"climb on your tears and be silent, like the rose on its ladder of thorn."
Paris 07/07/09, Tel-Aviv 24/09/09, Salzburg 27/07/10
B4real

Post by B4real »

A couple of short videos from Camp Cohen of Alex playing his violin 8)

The Loaner -
http://vimeo.com/44996653

Just A Quick Warm Up -
http://vimeo.com/44410581

It won't be long now! :D
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

Thanks Bev for the warmup clip.

Alexandru Bublitchi is going to make a wonderful addition to the musicians. That was really fantastic. :D
I hope we get to hear a lot of him. I love the violin.
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
B4real

Post by B4real »

My absolute pleasure Marie :D

And I can honestly say my violin practice sessions do not sound quite like that, unfortunately :(

It's just going to be so wonderful to have a violin back again with Leonard's words and music!
I wonder which songs Alex's violin will be prominent in?
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Thanks for sharing these Bev :D Roll on next Sunday :D Did anyone else notice the saints braclet Alex is wearing in these videos that we see Leonard wearing too?
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
B4real

Post by B4real »

Tantalising titbits aren't they Gwen! So very soon we will see so much more :D

.....and no I didn't see that he had that same braclet on in both videos....too busy watching his fingering hand for which notes he was playing!
Maybe they are all wearing them now. :)
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

Bev,

It is just Leonard being a trendsetter. After all they all wear fedoras too. :D
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RobV

Post by RobV »

Attending the Gent concert on the 12th, we were very impressed by Alexandru. We were sorry to hear that Dino wasn't in the band anymore, but Alexandru is a brilliant replacement. Personally I think that Alexandru's violin adds more to Leonards music than Dino's instrument does. I hope I didn't offend the Dino fans. Next thursday Leonard will be playing in Amsterdam and we will be there with some friends who I already told about the brilliant Alexandru.
Robv
B4real

Post by B4real »

Firstly, Robv welcome to the forum! You are so lucky to have been there on the first night! I hope Amsterdam will be just as wonderful for you. 8)

And secondly, I find it difficult to express my feelings in words after watching all the videos from Ghent. Suffice to say that I am in seventh heaven with Alexandru's wonderful violin :D :D :D As I have said recently before the tour started, everything old is new again, but now with a variance on that theme.

What a perfect introduction for Alexandru with Dance Me To The End Of Love! It's difficult at this stage to say which song he featured in I thought was the best; there are so many I was absolutely blown away by.

On a lighter note, I loved the bit in First We Take Manhattan when Leonard usually kneels to Javier and sings ......"The monkey and the plywood violin". Now Alexandru is included with his "plywood violin" sound. I had to laugh because I make that "plywood" sound every day without meaning to :razz:

I am so grateful to Leonard for deciding to once again include a violin which I believe expresses the soul of his music and words to such a deeper degree.

And to Alexandru, Thank you so much for your exquisite sound. It seeps into my soul.
shir-ley

Post by shir-ley »

Can you introduce the violinist Alexandru Bublitchi a little further?
On internet there's hardly something to find about his musical background, and I'd like to learn a bit more about this man who touched souls,hearts and ears with his beautiful playing, and help made every song the most beautiful arranged song I have ever heard.
Thank him!

I'm so thankful for Leonard Cohen and this world tour.
A gift to the world.

Good luck on the website, thank you for reading.

Regards from the Netherlands,
(31)
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

shir-ley wrote:Can you introduce the violinist Alexandru Bublitchi a little further?
On internet there's hardly something to find about his musical background, and I'd like to learn a bit more about this man who touched souls,hearts and ears with his beautiful playing, and help made every song the most beautiful arranged song I have ever heard.
Thank him!
(31)
Sadly I don't really know anything about him (except that he was brilliant in Ghent :D) but here you can find my best 10 photos of him in Ghent:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1171454776 ... ldTour2012

Eva
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Alex Bublitchi is, as far I understood, Javier Mas' violinist. He played violin in 2007 on Spanish tribute show ACORDES CON LEONARD COHEN which in the first place got Javier (who was arranger and musical director) into Leonard's attention, so he invited Javier to join the new band in 2008.

Maybe you could consider buying the whole release, it's double CD and DVD with full concert of Leonard's music, in Spanish, but ALL in Javier Mas' arrangements::))

http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/acordes.html

Mr. Bublitchi's arrival to the band was rumoured as early as after first or 2nd leg in 2008, if I recall well, and he was expected in 2009, but higher powers were against it at the moment.
shir-ley

Post by shir-ley »

Thank you Eva and Tom for responding.
Since a few days there's an introduction of him on the official Leonard Cohen site.
Thank you for your information!
Higher powers against.. That sounds like something sad happened? I'm glad
he got to join this tour and hope to hear more from him. (although part of the magic is offcourse the beautiful Leonard Cohen songs,
the suits, the arrangement..)
I'm looking forward hearing other work.

Can't wait to have this tour on dvd!

Thanks again,
Regards, Shirlee'

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”