When are the next dates and places?

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
SuzanneT

Re: When are the next dates and places?

Post by SuzanneT »

Hi scocoh,
I'm glad that we have explained it .. 8) . I also like the daily complaints of some members of the Forum, which will place further in the Tour, where and when published. I managed to answer that others will be added.
I wish you good health, happiness and well-being and maybe sometimes we meet somewhere in Europe ;-)

With love
SuzanneT
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
harald

Post by harald »

scocoh wrote:just don't talk loudly during the concerts when seated near me, and don't yell out that horrible"wooooohooooooooo!!!" at inappropriate times.
fully support that, dear scocoh
harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Yes that was put rather well ,scocoh.

Like scocoh I think in some way the word "fan" has quite a wide meaning. I believe it is all one can really call someone who is quite appreciative about the work of LC. I have had that term said to me a few times that I can recall when someone has brought up the subject of L.C, they will ask if you are a fan of his and invariably myself or Vicomtesse will say yes, without thinking about the term itself.

I don't want to be thought of as a teenybopper fan of LC's though, so is it alright if I think of myself as an an appreciative fan? ;-)
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
byboyne

Post by byboyne »

Is it just me or has the title of the Old Ideas World Tour changed to Old Ideas World Tour /Europe????
Dublin 1988, 2008/2009. Amsterdam 2008,Hamburg 2009,Sligo 2010,Dublin 2012, Dublin 2013.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

byboyne wrote:Is it just me or has the title of the Old Ideas World Tour changed to Old Ideas World Tour /Europe????
Well spotted byboyne. Perhaps signifying that the next phase of the tour - Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / North America - will be announced in the not too distant future?

Wendy
carolynjane

Post by carolynjane »

My thought exactly.....
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
byboyne wrote:Is it just me or has the title of the Old Ideas World Tour changed to Old Ideas World Tour /Europe????
Well spotted byboyne. Perhaps signifying that the next phase of the tour - Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / North America - will be announced in the not too distant future?
Wendy
"Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / North America - will be announced in the not too distant future"
Yippee!

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Indeed, this is good news for many of us outside of Europe! North America is next, I hope...
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

How easy it is to start Chinese whispers :lol: ;-)

I don't think we have finished with Europe dates yet but one thing for sure, a World Tour means, a World tour, so surely it isn't too hard to take that fact in?

Whether the tour in Europe will carry on for now, or indeed later on and after the tour departs for elsewhere, will be offered to us all when and if.....

Patience I think jarkko would say :lol:
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

I secretly hope for an "Old Ideas World Tour/Japan" announcement...
Such a sweet dream.
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
harald

Post by harald »

Here a list of all gaps of two or more days between concerts from Gent 12 Aug till Lisbon 7 Oct:

2 days Sat 18.8. Gent - Tue 21.8. Amsterdam
2 days Wed 22.8. Amsterdam - Sat 25.8. Copenhagen
2 days Sun 2.9. Helsinki - Wed 5.9. Berlin
2 days Sat 8.9. Kent - Tue 11.9. Dublin
9 days Fri 14.9. Dublin - Mon 24.9. Verona (probably Istanbul 19.9., maybe Bucharest 22.9., cancelled Belgrad 23.9.)
3 days Mon 24.9. Verona - Fri 28.9. Paris
2 days Sun 30.9. Paris - Wed 3.10. Barcelona

best, harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Most of the gaps will not be filled but are going to be days off, used for travel and rest. There might still be something between the latest Dublin date and Verona.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

harald wrote:Here a list of all gaps of two or more days between concerts from Gent 12 Aug till Lisbon 7 Oct:
I believe there has to be a gap of at least 3 days between concerts in different cities Harald as the band always travel the day before a concert so, for example, there would be no time to fit another city in between Ghent and Amsterdam. If you add to that the fact that extra "rest" days are built in to the schedule so Leonard can maintain the stamina he needs for his 3+ hour performances, I believe the only "gap" where we might hope to see new concerts announced is the one between Dublin 14 (or 15??) Sept and Verona 24 Sept. We know that the gap between Verona and Paris is accounted for by a religious holiday.

I wonder what has happened to the Istanbul date (announced in local press) and Bucharest?

Wendy

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”