CONCERTS OF THE OLD IDEAS WORLD TOUR IN EUROPE

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: OLD IDEAS WORLD TOUR: CONCERTS AND TICKET INFO

Post by jarkko »

I am now at hotel in Amsterdam and had time to check my emails.
AEG has not confirmed the Hop Farm concert. They have not given us any presale links.
The last email earlier tonight made it clear that AEG has not yet authorized
this concert to be announced.
I will check the emails again around 9 am to see if more information¨
has arrived. If not, there is nothing we can do. I will be offline
for most of the day tomorrow. Those who want presale tickets to this
concert should check the Hop Farm thread often tomorrow.
Jarkko
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
clive cass

Post by clive cass »

Having been to the Leonard Cohen event in Krakow I was taken aback by the very clear respect that Leonard Cohen and his management had for the fans on the Leonard Cohen files and forum and in particular the very close relationship that they had with Jarkko and various other persons. Messages of support were passed freely between the Event organisers and Leonard's management.

It was also very clear during the last several years of the world tour that forum users were given very good opportunities to purchase pre sale tickets with days and even weeks rather than a single day for pre sale. There was also much more notice of new concert dates and advance notice of pre sale dates and times.

I am sorry to see (if my impression is correct) that the current tour management whether that be leonard himself, his personal managers, the tour organisers or ticket sellers appear to be showing scant respect for both forum users and Jarkko in particular.

If my perception is correct then I would be happy to send a message of "regret" to Leonard and his management as well as the tour management (AEG) and ticket sellers (Ticketmaster)and would invite other forum users to join me in doing so.

I would be interested to hear from Jarkko and other forum users as to whether he and they feel that my interpretation of events is correct and reasonable.
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

clive cass wrote:I am sorry to see (if my impression is correct) that the current tour management whether that be leonard himself, his personal managers, the tour organisers or ticket sellers appear to be showing scant respect for both forum users and Jarkko in particular.
Just wondering what gives you that impression Clive? There has been no change in management or promoters so far as I am aware nor any change in the way that tour dates and pre-sales have been announced and handled. Maybe you just didn't notice the little details before? The process may not always be perfect but Leonard, his management and the promoters are nevertheless offering us a valuable opportunity to obtain great tickets before sales are opened to the public. A case for thanks I think rather than regret.

Wendy
clive cass

Post by clive cass »

I am pleased to hear that my impression was or might be wrong. I must admit I missed the initial tour announcement but only by a few days by which time I was too late to get tickets for Dublin which is my nearest venue. Hop farm certainly seemed to catch the forum and Jarkko on the Hop quite literally as did the third date in Dublin as it was me who informed Jarkko that Ticketmaster had put up the date (I had googled Ticketmaster twice within 5 minutes and one time it was not on then it was so I was probably the very first person to know about that sale). The long period between the third Dublin date being announced and the pre sale will give many non forum users the chance to get ready to dive on tickets and the fact that pre sales are only one day long is also unhelpful and far less than on previous tours. There just feels to me a general lack of information and far more scrapping around for tickets and information this time compared to previous tours as evidenced by postings on the forum including your own Wendy.
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
crimson

Post by crimson »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
clive cass wrote:I am sorry to see (if my impression is correct) that the current tour management whether that be leonard himself, his personal managers, the tour organisers or ticket sellers appear to be showing scant respect for both forum users and Jarkko in particular.
Just wondering what gives you that impression Clive? There has been no change in management or promoters so far as I am aware nor any change in the way that tour dates and pre-sales have been announced and handled. Maybe you just didn't notice the little details before? The process may not always be perfect but Leonard, his management and the promoters are nevertheless offering us a valuable opportunity to obtain great tickets before sales are opened to the public. A case for thanks I think rather than regret.

Wendy
I have to agree with Clive. This time around the Irish promoter and Ticketmaster failed to put a seating chart up before the pre-sale. For Sligo, I called in person to Ticketmaster to remind them to put up the seating chart in time for the pre-sale and got a less than satisfactory response. At the second Kilmainham show in 2008, our seats were overrun by crowds rushing to the front and the stewards were unable to handle the situation. The response from the promoter to my subsequent complaint was entirely unsatisfactory. Ticketmaster has been advertising a pre-sale to the third Dublin show since the date was announced and put on their website, but as yet Jarkko does not appear to have received any confirmation that there will be a pre-sale.
clive cass

Post by clive cass »

There is a difference between frustration and being a total whinge bag. A lot of us are frustrated with a number of things that happen and by choice I never buy tickets through ticketmaster when other agents also have tickets. It is clear that at times the forum has not been blessed with as much information as it would ideally want and sometimes not on a very timely basis either but there is no question that Jarkko and his moderators work their socks off to ensure we are as up to date as they can help us be. I do feel that in an ideal world Leonard and his management would try even harder to ensure that Jarkko and his team and the forum members were treated even better than we are but that is a matter for them but at the same time I do believe that Leonard and his personal managers have a high regard for the true and long standing fans. The cost of tickets of course is an issue but ticket prices have escalated rapidly for all "superstar" concerts over recent years and we have the right to chose not to buy them. As for his tour schedule again that is a matter for him and we can be frustrated but we cannot demand that he plays near to where we live. There are millions around the world travelling much further than most of us or who cannot travel and so miss out. He will come back to the UK in the near future I have no doubt. I feel blessed that I will soon be seeing a LC concert again (HOP and Dublin) having seen him 4 times on the last 3 year tour (Lille, Liverpool, Manchester Area and Manchester Palace) and just twice before that in Manchester and London at long intervals. Seeing Leonard in concert is not just a concert it is an event bordering on spiritual. The man simply transcends almost anything and anybody else perhaps even with very few equals and only seeing Cat Stevens twice in the past few years has come even close to seeing Leonard. What Leonard is however is the High Priest of all artists currently living. His is the father and Grandfather of them all. He commands and inspires respect from even the greatest artists still out there. He is the Godfather of music. Lets now all get behind the tour and Leonard and the Forum and Jarkko and his team and get planning for the concerts. I hope that forum members who already have lots of friends within the forum will encourage other members to join them at meet ups as I for one really want to make the concerts last a lot longer than 3 hours and want to share a drink with real fans like me before and after the shows. Remember that if Leonard is the High Priest of the Cohens then forum members are the true Cohenites and we must yield to his calling us to his concerts in a proper and spirited manner.
SeventhSon

Post by SeventhSon »

I really hate it, that these days artists don't post the entire tour list at once. Fans are kind of forced to buy tickets and later on they find out, that the artist plays somewhere much closer :(
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

It's not the "artists", it's the tour promoters and agencies...
SeventhSon

Post by SeventhSon »

Whoever it is, I don't appreciate it at all...
alex7alexa

Post by alex7alexa »

Hi everyone, my tickets haven't arrived yet, is this unusual?
Eilis
harald

Post by harald »

alex7alexa wrote:Hi everyone, my tickets haven't arrived yet, is this unusual?
Eilis
Dear Eilis
it would help answering your question if you specify: tix for which concert, when bought, mode of delivery etc.
harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
chipper10

Post by chipper10 »

Hi!
Is this it for concerts in Europe, or are there more to come?
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

This post is now on a few threads now it might as well go on this one.
UK fans hold on tight only one in 2012 but this will be a long tour! ; )
Just a reminder what Rob Hallett posted on the Forum just over a month ago. Rob Hallett is head of AEG in London, who are the international tour organizers
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Vicomte wrote:
"UK fans hold on tight only one in 2012 but this will be a long tour!" Rob Hallett

All very well, Vicomte, but you know the old saying "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"? Which is why I am glad LC is coming to Dublin THIS year, and would wish the same happy expectation for our UK friends, especially those who can't travel to other countries for LC concerts and for whom the only 2012 UK date is for various reasons unsuitable. 2013 is a long way off for us all ...
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Well if they don't arrange more dates in the UK, then can I suggest we all call for the head of Rob Hallett. I know OH and I are certainly hoping for some UK dates in 2013 (and in our case that would mean traveling but we have many friends and family in the UK, so.....) and she will seek him out to the ends of the Earth, if he defaults on what he has said on the Forum ;-)

I have never thought it fair that LC's, UK followers (see to appease John E, I was careful there 8) ) or indeed anyone has to travel out of their country at great expense to see him. It may seem hard of me to say it but artists have a duty to their fans to have concerts in their country, as long as sell outs, or near sell outs are a probability, which in the UK's case is a certainty. I have no qualms with people who want to spend their money on traveling to see LC, my point is aimed at those who do not have the money, nor the ability to find the money required. So with that in mind, Rob Hallett himself has an obligation to book venues in the UK for 2013, that is of course assuming that LC has no health worries (gawd forbid) that would mean him not being able to fulfill any UK dates.

So Mr Hallett, get to it.............. ;-)
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”