PRESALE to Gothenburg/Dublin/Paris

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Maarten

Re: PRESALE to Gothenburg/Dublin/Paris

Post by Maarten »

musicmania wrote:Now for this I don't know whether to laugh or cry. This is the podcast from a competition on RTE Radio 1 yesterday............................

http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2012/pc/pod- ... _audio.mp3
Crying would do just fine... They should have closed the lines for those 2 ignorant ....... (I can't swear on the forum, can I?!)
How frustrating...!

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

I've seen swearing on the forum before :lol: But yeah hearing these imbiciles who know nothing about Leonard winning what are probably better tickets than any of us got does make me wanna cry :cry:
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
byboyne

Post by byboyne »

To Musicmania, as Leonard said in Kilmainham in 2008 "The Irish continue to bewilder the world" I hope that pair are not sitting beside me at the concert. Doubtless Leonard would enjoy it ! :)
Dublin 1988, 2008/2009. Amsterdam 2008,Hamburg 2009,Sligo 2010,Dublin 2012, Dublin 2013.
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

musicmania wrote:these imbiciles who know nothing about Leonard winning what are probably better tickets than any of us got
Well, the female contestant was trying to win the tickets because of her husband - who is a fan. I don't see much wrong with this.
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Hmmm, Ticketmaster just announced both Dublin shows sold out and subsequently took the information down?
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

musicmania wrote:Hmmm, Ticketmaster just announced both Dublin shows sold out and subsequently took the information down?
Still advertised on their home page, but nothing for either night.
sharon.e

Post by sharon.e »

Only now have time to post:
For me, Dublin presale was the mess a lot have experienced. I won't repeat others' stories (they reflect well in the "Tickets" thread) -- end result is that I wasn't able to get any tickets..
Having been in Lissadell, I know these will be unforgettable nights, I'll experience from afar via forum reports and Albert's vids :-)

But don't color me sad, plans for now are Berlin and Paris (latter thanks to fab help from amazing forum friends!) and I'm very very happy :-D
Thanks once again, Jarkko and mods team for the opportunity, very much appreciated!

I'm so looking forward to seeing many forum friends :-)
Springy regards from Tel Aviv,
--Sharon
2009 Tel Aviv; San Jose
2010 Sligo [x2] ; Las Vegas [x2]
2012 Berlin; Paris; New York, Brooklyn
2013 London (Sept); Amsterdam
NicolaP

Post by NicolaP »

Harriet175 wrote:
Aloevera wrote: I don't expect seats in the first few rows but in a fan pre-sale I expect decent seats -- that wasn't the situation yesterday.
Really so sad to read that the presale was abused by professional buyers which resulted in the fans not getting good seats, in spite of taking part in even the early minutes of the presale..this is so disappointing. In advance so much looking forward to this opportunity and then...how can that – technically speaking – be? I wonder where all those good seats went to so quickly? How could others buy so many seats in already the very first moments /or misorganisation of the ticket company, too?
Aloevera wrote:when we go to Kilmainhan you will see every journalist, tv celebrity, smoozchers, hangers-on, langers etc. etc. in the best seats-- they have no interest in Leonard. I had this experience in Lissadell. This is how it works in Ireland.
as you describe the situation: i wouldn’t be surprised if the band preferred some other company in the closer audience, too..

I did see the behaviour you describe in Lissadell but was so pleased to see security removing a woman from the VIP section as she shouted 'do you know who I am?'. She had been asked to sit down several times as she was obscuring the view of others inc people in wheelchairs... Security acted promptly and efficently. I just loved that line 'do you know who I am', hilarious :lol:

Dublin O2 2009
Lissadell, Sligo 2010
O2 Dublin 2009
Lissadell, Sligo 2010
Kilmainham, Dublin 12th & 14th Sept 2012
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

New Dublin date added!
14 September, Dublin. (Check ticketmaster.ie, it says "presale begins: Wed 18/04/12 9:00"
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

majmunka wrote:New Dublin date added!
14 September, Dublin. (Check ticketmaster.ie, it says "presale begins: Wed 18/04/12 9:00"
Jarkko said there would be no presales this time but I really hope that info is correct as I will be in the sky somewhere on 19th between Ireland and Bratislava. Why the heck are the they waiting that long before putting the tickets on sale??

da2008

Post by da2008 »

Probably because it takes time. Or maybe because these are just rumours. Who knows.
themucaro

Post by themucaro »

da2008 wrote:Probably because it takes time. Or maybe because these are just rumours. Who knows.
Doubt they're rumours if the ticket provider has said so
2008: Benicassim, Spain
2009: Dublin, Ireland and Madrid, Spain
2010: Grenoble, France and Tours, France
2012: Dublin x 2
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Friday 14th September 2012 TICKETS GO ON PUBLIC SALE 9am Thursday 19th April
- NO information about a presale.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Jim Rossi

Post by Jim Rossi »

3rd date addedto Dublin for friday 14th sept - great news
According to ticketmaster tickets are on sale to "Fanclub" on 18th April and to the public on 19th April . Can anyone tell me pls what "fanclub" is that ? and how do I join
Is a ticketmaster fanclub or a fan club here on Leonard's website
thanks Jim (wexford)
JudasPriest

Post by JudasPriest »

Would really love to access the presale- any idea how people?

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”