PRESALE to Gothenburg/Dublin/Paris

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
ritibi

Re: PRESALE on March 29 to Gothenburg/Dublin/Paris

Post by ritibi »

Yesterday orderd tickets for Paris--
now already delivered. Great! :D
2009: Berlin, Prag 2010: Salzburg, Hannover 2012: Berlin, Paris
somewhat_nifty

Re: PRESALE on March 29 to Gothenburg/Dublin/Paris

Post by somewhat_nifty »

musicmania wrote:This makes me so angry. Scroll down and just read what he/she has written about getting the tickets :cry:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2-x-LEONARD-COHE ... 337331809a
Argh, that's awful Gwen! I suppose it can't be stopped, but it's pretty shameless...
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
Aloevera

Re: PRESALE to Gothenburg/Dublin/Paris

Post by Aloevera »

Good morning friends. I want to say this has been an amazing LC journey for me in that I have met all of you wonderful friends from so many different places. And I'm really looking forward to meeting you again in Dublin. I agree with what many of the comments; we allow ourselves to be caught up in the concert frenzy and we are adults!!!! Lol. However, ticketmaster is a swizz -- when we go to Kilmainhan you will see every journalist, tv celebrity, smoozchers, hangers-on, langers etc. etc. in the best seats-- they have no interest in Leonard. I had this experience in Lissadell. This is how it works in Ireland. I don't expect seats in the first few rows but in a fan pre-sale I expect decent seats -- that wasn't the situation yesterday. I tried again this morning but it was a waste of time -- no tickets at 9.01AM. So the madness stops here. We will have an amazing time together in Kilmainham and we'll give our overseas friends a huge cead mile failte -- 100,000 welcomes. This will be a very special concert for me as Ciara and my other Canadian will be with me. All good things for the weekend, friends.

Yesterday, I posted in frustration so I want to acknowledge what is important -- the people I have met along the LC road.

To Jarkko and Eija -- many, many thanks-- you are the best.

Thank you.

Paula
2008 - RHK Dublin x 2, Lucca, Birmingham
2009 - Dublin x 2, Barcelona, Nashville
2010 - Marseille, Las Vegas X 2
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Aloevera wrote:Good morning friends. I want to say this has been an amazing LC journey for me in that I have met all of you wonderful friends from so many different places. And I'm really looking forward to meeting you again in Dublin. I agree with what many of the comments; we allow ourselves to be caught up in the concert frenzy and we are adults!!!! Lol. However, ticketmaster is a swizz -- when we go to Kilmainhan you will see every journalist, tv celebrity, smoozchers, hangers-on, langers etc. etc. in the best seats-- they have no interest in Leonard. I had this experience in Lissadell. This is how it works in Ireland. I don't expect seats in the first few rows but in a fan pre-sale I expect decent seats -- that wasn't the situation yesterday. I tried again this morning but it was a waste of time -- no tickets at 9.01AM. So the madness stops here. We will have an amazing time together in Kilmainham and we'll give our overseas friends a huge cead mile failte -- 100,000 welcomes. This will be a very special concert for me as Ciara and my other Canadian will be with me. All good things for the weekend, friends.

Yesterday, I posted in frustration so I want to acknowledge what is important -- the people I have met along the LC road.

To Jarkko and Eija -- many, many thanks-- you are the best.

Thank you.

Paula
Well said Paula and I 100% agree with everything you said and indeed with so many of our friends coming from far and wide we are all going to have a great time.

I also add my thanks to Jarkko, Eija and the other forum moderators who always try and help us and to you we are eternally grateful.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
tomryan

Post by tomryan »

If i heard it right just now, a new date for Dublin just added ! Friday 14th September!!
1988 Dublin National Stadium 2008 Dublin Kilmainham, Manchester MEN Arena
2009 Dublin O2 2010 Sligo Lissadell 2012 Dublin Kilmainham
2013 Dublin O2
themucaro

Post by themucaro »

According to 2FM radio here in Ireland, another date has been added (I may have misheard but it's the Friday? Doesn't make sense considering the other gigs are on Tues and Weds but I may be wrong)
2008: Benicassim, Spain
2009: Dublin, Ireland and Madrid, Spain
2010: Grenoble, France and Tours, France
2012: Dublin x 2
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Did they say when on sale, nothing on TM yet?
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

tomryan

Post by tomryan »

musicmania wrote:Did they say when on sale, nothing on TM yet?
Didnt mention on sale date.

An ad on 2FM just now - with Dave Fanning (so he knew!).
2013 Dublin O2
themucaro

Post by themucaro »

Didn't catch that but I'd imagine Monday morning
2008: Benicassim, Spain
2009: Dublin, Ireland and Madrid, Spain
2010: Grenoble, France and Tours, France
2012: Dublin x 2
Grainnemhaoil

Post by Grainnemhaoil »

tomryan wrote:If i heard it right just now, a new date for Dublin just added ! Friday 14th September!!
Great news, especially as I couldn't get decent tickets for the Wednesday.

A third concert on Friday would suit lovely, though it does entail another ticketmaster experience :(

LC and the band must be doing the tourist thing on Thursday
Oh God, The Trees Are Excellent.
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Ticketmaster have just told me on Facebook they have have no information about a third concert.

majmunka

Post by majmunka »

musicmania wrote:Ticketmaster have just told me on Facebook they have have no information about a third concert.
So you think I shouldn't keep hitting the reload button of their homepage until my finger is raw? :D
Going crazy, guys. First the Ghent news and now this...
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Up until I had got the info from them I was also refreshing the page. Stopped now. I live in faith that Jarkko will keep us informed as always and just maybe they might release some decent tickets for the fans this time!

tomryan

Post by tomryan »

musicmania wrote:Ticketmaster have just told me on Facebook they have have no information about a third concert.
Well that's a good one!
I think they must have jumped the gun.

Unless i'm going completely mad i heard an ad on 2FM about 9.20 this morning advertising a third gig on Friday 14th!

I wonder would an ad like that be pre-recorded 'just in case' and they've played it by mistake??
2013 Dublin O2
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

tomryan wrote: I wonder would an ad like that be pre-recorded 'just in case' and they've played it by mistake??
That is a strong possibility. After seeing posts about 2fm I forced myself to listen to it for an hour and heard no ads so chances are it has now being removed.

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”