PRESALE to Gothenburg/Dublin/Paris

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Mabeanie1

Re: PRESALE to Gothenburg/Dublin/Paris

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Maybe someone jumped the gun and the 14th is pencilled in but not yet contractually confirmed. Ticketmaster won't know anything about it until the contracts are signed.

I'm about to go away for a couple of days (assuming we can get petrol at regular intervals to complete a journey to Scotland ... and back :roll: ) so I hope nothing goes on sale before Monday!

Wendy
annmarie

Post by annmarie »

tomryan wrote:
musicmania wrote:Ticketmaster have just told me on Facebook they have have no information about a third concert.
Well that's a good one!
I think they must have jumped the gun.

Unless i'm going completely mad i heard an ad on 2FM about 9.20 this morning advertising a third gig on Friday 14th!

I wonder would an ad like that be pre-recorded 'just in case' and they've played it by mistake??
My guess is that TM will wait until all the rubbish seats for 11th and 12th are sold, then announce another date. They did it last time.
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

I'm surprised that at least one of the concerts isn't sold out already.

Now for this I don't know whether to laugh or cry. This is the podcast from a competition on RTE Radio 1 yesterday............................

http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2012/pc/pod- ... _audio.mp3
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

musicmania wrote:I'm surprised that at least one of the concerts isn't sold out already.

Now for this I don't know whether to laugh or cry. This is the podcast from a competition on RTE Radio 1 yesterday............................

Host: ' 18 ... right ... ok ...'
LOL!
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

Just a suggestion.. wouldn't want to be thought of as being "bossy" :oops: :oops: but now we all have our tickets, shall we move off the pre-sale thread, and onto a Dublin thread?

I heard the John Murray show podcast (see above) hilarious.... John to Contestant 1, Betty " are you a big Leonard Cohen Fan?" "No, not really... I do like one or two of his songs..." (and then neither contestant could answer any of the six questions... :lol: :lol: )
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

musicmania wrote:I'm surprised that at least one of the concerts isn't sold out already.

Well in fairness to poor Betty she was trying for tickets because her husband likes LC but ahhhhhhhhhhhh jjjjjayyyyyyyyyyysus lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

As Lady Di says, catitalism Thrives !!! Would be prepared to stretch to 3rd. night if it happens on 13 th.,( though difficult for LC doing 3 concerts one after the other ) but Fri. 14 th. no way - not with 2 extra expensive hotel nights added. (Getting more expensive all the time for the unfortunates who didn't book early!)

Sad, really. I bet lC doesn't know HALF of what is going on...
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
annmarie

Post by annmarie »

TipperaryAnn wrote:As Lady Di says, catitalism Thrives !!! Would be prepared to stretch to 3rd. night if it happens on 13 th.,( though difficult for LC doing 3 concerts one after the other ) but Fri. 14 th. no way - not with 2 extra expensive hotel nights added. (Getting more expensive all the time for the unfortunates who didn't book early!)

Sad, really. I bet lC doesn't know HALF of what is going on...
Capitalism, opportunism, nod and a wink mentality...............Baby we've been here before :!: ;-)
Thankfully we're within driving distance of Dublin, hadn't thought of the inconvenience for people if there's a Fri gig.
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

Thank you for this music mania . I have never used smilies before but this deserves :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
vanvliet

Post by vanvliet »

Can't believe I missed all news of the forthcoming tour - must be the medication I'm on.
Thankfully my sister rang me yesterday afternoon to tell me the news and I managed to get seats in A3 RowV which seems ok, given my negligence.

Of course it's disappointing to have to travel to Dublin this year, seeing as he came to my town last year LOL.

Noel
Unspoken Words

Post by Unspoken Words »

Aloevera wrote:Good morning friends. I want to say this has been an amazing LC journey for me in that I have met all of you wonderful friends from so many different places. And I'm really looking forward to meeting you again in Dublin. I agree with what many of the comments; we allow ourselves to be caught up in the concert frenzy and we are adults!!!! Lol. However, ticketmaster is a swizz -- when we go to Kilmainhan you will see every journalist, tv celebrity, smoozchers, hangers-on, langers etc. etc. in the best seats-- they have no interest in Leonard. I had this experience in Lissadell. This is how it works in Ireland. I don't expect seats in the first few rows but in a fan pre-sale I expect decent seats -- that wasn't the situation yesterday. I tried again this morning but it was a waste of time -- no tickets at 9.01AM. So the madness stops here. We will have an amazing time together in Kilmainham and we'll give our overseas friends a huge cead mile failte -- 100,000 welcomes. This will be a very special concert for me as Ciara and my other Canadian will be with me. All good things for the weekend, friends.

Yesterday, I posted in frustration so I want to acknowledge what is important -- the people I have met along the LC road.

To Jarkko and Eija -- many, many thanks-- you are the best.

Thank you.

Paula
I was at the 2008 Kilmainham concert and witnessed the tears in LC eyes, was also at the O2 Dublin concerts and Belfast but my experience with booking tickets for Sligo through Ticketmaster put me completely off and I have this time also not booked as I have become very very cynical about the whole experience. Ticket prices are relatively extortionate, attending with travel and hotels each time runs to several hundred pounds / euros which is not warranted in this economic climate and I get the feeling that the whole LC 'possibly last' tour thing is being completely milked by promoters and LC management. Good seats in the first 30 rows or so in front of the stage (where I was in 2008) at Kilmainham are fine but those further back or at the sides are pretty hopeless and the thought of sitting in a damp open field in a possibly rainy September Irish evening looking at a concert on a screen is not attractive at all when you are paying through the nose (although as we all know LC and the band are completely wonderful). It is also sickening as Paula said and is my experience at the previous Dublin concerts that at

".... Kilmainhan you will see every journalist, tv celebrity, smoozchers, hangers-on, langers etc. etc. in the best seats-- they have no interest in Leonard. I had this experience in Lissadell. This is how it works in Ireland. I don't expect seats in the first few rows but in a fan pre-sale I expect decent seats -- that wasn't the situation yesterday"

At the moment Kilmainham is not for me unless I know exactly the location of the seats, although come September I will probably at the last minute go and pick up some of the tickets the scalpers cannot sell as I would imagine the demand this time will be significantly less for the concerts given the number of tours in a relatively few years.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

It is possible (but not yet confirmed by AEG) that two more concerts will be added to Dublin soon (like tomorrow) - the extra dates were already advertised in the local radio on Friday.
Please note that we will not have presale to any additional dates. (Days 3 and 4 were also added to Ghent only some hours after the public sale had opened on Friday).
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Harriet175

Post by Harriet175 »

Aloevera wrote: I don't expect seats in the first few rows but in a fan pre-sale I expect decent seats -- that wasn't the situation yesterday.
Really so sad to read that the presale was abused by professional buyers which resulted in the fans not getting good seats, in spite of taking part in even the early minutes of the presale..this is so disappointing. In advance so much looking forward to this opportunity and then...how can that – technically speaking – be? I wonder where all those good seats went to so quickly? How could others buy so many seats in already the very first moments /or misorganisation of the ticket company, too?
Aloevera wrote:when we go to Kilmainhan you will see every journalist, tv celebrity, smoozchers, hangers-on, langers etc. etc. in the best seats-- they have no interest in Leonard. I had this experience in Lissadell. This is how it works in Ireland.
as you describe the situation: i wouldn’t be surprised if the band preferred some other company in the closer audience, too..
...a tune in my soul
and my heart the shape of a begging bowl

2008: 25 jul Lörrach, 29 oct Frankfurt 2009: 1 jul Cologn 2010: 3 sept Wiesbaden, 19 sept Strasbourg, 29 sept Dortmund, 1 oct Stuttgart
2012: 5 sept Berlin 6 sept Mönchengladbach 29+30 sept Paris 2013: 25 jun Oberhausen, 28 jun Mannheim, 14 jul Hamburg, 24 aug Zürich
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

jarkko wrote: It is possible (but not yet confirmed by AEG) that two more concerts will be added to Dublin soon (like tomorrow) -
Thank you for this, Jarkko. I don't know how you keep up with all that's going on!
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

I would loved to have heard what John said when he was off air after this debacle :shock:.

M
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”