Sharon Robinson's album EVERYBODY KNOWS (August 2008)

Anjani, Sharon Robinson, NEeMA, The Webb Sisters, Dino Soldo, Jennifer Warnes, Perla Batalla, Julie Christensen, Unified Heart Touring Band, Leonard's tours musicians...
hydriot

Re: Sharon Robinson's album EVERYBODY KNOWS (released July 2008)

Post by hydriot »

I tried to buy the album on a UK high street, and nobody could find it in the lists. Is it yet to be released in the UK?
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Hydriot

You are not alone.
I tried the big record shops here in Liverpool city centre a couple of weeks ago with same result.
I meant to try the shops in Manchester yesterday but I forgot.
I shall try Liverpool city centre again this weekend.
Has anyone in the UK managed to buy the album in a record shop?
If not I reckon we will have to go up the Amazon.

Ta Ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Hi Ken,
I also tried but was unsuccessful but fortunately one of our Irish friends sent me a copy which I'll pass on to you.
It's enjoyable and if you like it then you'll probably buy the proper CD.
Maybe I'll leave it behind the bar over the weekend along with Randy Newman and Teddy Thompson.
PS the problem re Tommy has been sorted, he's already committed himself to Paul Weller at the arena.
I now have a problem....
Dave
♫♫♫♫
♫♫♫♫
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
Davido

Post by Davido »

The album is due for release on 27 October in UK and can be pre-ordered at Amazon.co.uk and Play.com (both £10.99). Interesting that Play.com show a different cover - a photograph of Sharon.
It can be bought from USA via Amazon.com $9.99 new (also cheaper used if you prefer).
Hope this helps.
Dave
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies"~ Groucho Marx
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Doh!
Thanks Dave
For some reason I presumed it had already been released in the UK.

Ta Ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Dutt

Post by Dutt »

I downloaded the album from iTunes last Friday. It's pretty impressive, although I can't say that I really enjoy her treatment of her joint compositions with Leonard. ;-)
reubensmum

Post by reubensmum »

Hi,
I've just got this CD from CD Baby. It cost less than £9, and that was including post from the USA.
It's one of the best albums I've ever bought.
Thank you so much Sharon!
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

When I had a look at this one on Amazon.co.uk, I was interested to see that the very next album listed is the Webb Sisters' 2006 debut album ... offered at only £4.98. Presumably there are a lot of us out there buying both as a 'friends-of-Leonard' bundle ... and Amazon's statistical-analysis program has picked this up.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Davido wrote:The album is due for release on 27 October in UK and can be pre-ordered at Amazon.co.uk and Play.com (both £10.99). Interesting that Play.com show a different cover - a photograph of Sharon.
This is now released, it was also on sale on UK shows (with new cover -I prefer Leonard's drawing of Sharon on her digipack self-printed CD).

The UK distributor is VIBRANT RECORDS. http://pinnacle-digital.co.uk/vibrant/sharon.htm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Everybody-Knows ... 732&sr=8-1
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=888434

Vibrant Records Releases "Everybody Knows" in UK/Europe

On October 27, Vibrant Records, a UK-based record label distributed by Pinnacle Entertainment, released "Everybody Knows" with a new cover and new album packaging in the UK and select European territories. The songs and album sequence remain the same as on the original version with the Leonard Cohen artwork.

In the UK, the physical CD is available at HMV and select independent record retailers as well as online at Amazon.co.uk. Digitally, the album is available at play.com, 7 Digital, Tesco.com, Tune Tribe and Napster along with itunes.

For European fans outside the UK, the physical CD with the new art is only available online at Amazon.de, but more outlets will be coming on board in the next few weeks. Digitally, the album is available at itunes in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.

For those fans who want to buy the physical album with the original Leonard Cohen artwork, it is available at CDbaby.com or Amazon.com. This version will also be available at all Leonard Cohen shows outside the UK.
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Sharon Robinson's album EVERYBODY KNOWS (August 2008)

Post by jarkko »

Attached is a five star review of Sharon's album from The Independent newspaper in London.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

Shame that for the European cover the original picture wasn't kept.
dvlknc

Post by dvlknc »

Saw a bit of discussion regarding the hummingbird design over the heart and chains. I am Dianne Lawrence and I designed the hummingbird for Leonard for the 1979 album Recent Songs. He called me on day and asked if I would design a hummingbird as a logo for him and for the cover of his album. I was also doing portraits at the time and offered to do a portrait as well. He ended up using the portrait for the cover and the hummingbird on the inside cover. He also continued to use the image as his logo in other ways. He has several paintings of mine. Here is my website www.diannelawrence.com.
AlexandraLaughing

Post by AlexandraLaughing »

Since I bought this album at Sharon R's Glasgow concert as well as Caffeine, and have just finished listening to it, I thought I would note how much I've enjoyed it as well. Summertime is great, Invisible Tattoo is fabulous, and The Train and Party for the Lonely are both very clever. I liked Sustenance here better than I did in the concert, and Alexandra Leaving on this album is the best solo version by her that I've heard- without the later ornamentation she added on the Grand Tour that I think actually detracts.

But Take the High Road is the stand-out- I just love that song. I listened to it three times running before carrying on with the rest of the album.

Return to “Related Artists”