Sharon Robinson in Europe

Anjani, Sharon Robinson, NEeMA, The Webb Sisters, Dino Soldo, Jennifer Warnes, Perla Batalla, Julie Christensen, Unified Heart Touring Band, Leonard's tours musicians...
cohenadmirer

Re: Sharon Robinson in Europe

Post by cohenadmirer »

Looks like these announcements were premature though an official tour announcement is promised soon.
I very much hope there will be a few more UK venues - please don't neglect somewhere in the north of england and in particular Liverpool/Manchester would be perfect!
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Karren B
Location: At the Cottage in the Village by the River near the Castle.

Post by Karren B »

Just received this from Bush Hall. Looks like 6th April is still on?
Hello Karren,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The most recent information I have from the promoter is that the date will go ahead at our venue on the original date put on sale. The tickets will be put back on sale very soon- Likely next week.
I will let you know asap if I have any more information, sorry for keeping you in the dark but that's all the information I have to hand,
I'll be in touch,
Best wishes,
Karren B
'Take the breath of a new dawn
And make it a part of you.
It will give you strength'
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Dublin concert now in the press with tickets reported to be going on sale tomorrow. Mine arrived yesterday!

http://www.hotpress.com/Sharon-Robinson ... 22544.html
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

http://buttonfactory.ie/sharon-robinson-10042015/

Looks like Sharon Robinson's European tour will include 9 dates starting 30th. March in Antwerp including London, Glasgow, Dublin, Paris, Amsterdam, Koln and Hamburg.
Little hope for Spain..... :( :(
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

pe swijngedouw

Post by pe swijngedouw »

antwerp, arenbergschouwburg : a very nice place to see & hear SR ; got tickets parterre : central, perfect triangle with the stage.
i saw that three places central, frontstage, were "not available, or already sold", as soon as the sale started ; could it be maarten going to be there, too ?
pe
... precisely ...
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

Got two tickets to the Amsterdam concert on april 4th :D There was quite a que online. Wouldn't be surprised if it was sold out fast!
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
Albert

Post by Albert »

eventim.de started today the presale for the Köln and Hamburg concerts , tickets are about 50 Euro, free seating
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

Does anyone have any info about what to expect in a Sharon Robinson concert - who is backing her, ( band, guitarist, or what?)
How many LC songs is she likely to perform and how much of her own work? How long is the concert likely to be?
Would like to support her, but tickets in Dublin are quite expensive for "free seating" - I HATE free seating :( The locals grab all the best seats and keep them for their cronies. It is so good to have a ticket with a number on it as in LC concerts. Those were the days...
Ring the bells that still can ring...
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

Hi friends,
it seems I will be in Antwerp for Sharon's show. Do you know any plan about pre orand after concert meet ups? I would love to meet you again.
Eva
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Sharon Robinson in AMSTERDAM (April 4):
Looks like there will be quite many members in Amsterdam on that day. Looking forward to seeing you.

On Saturday afternoon, before her concert, Sharon will sing some songs and sign her photo book (such a great Souvenir of the Grand Tour!) and album at the record shop Concerto.
Sharon is scheduled to 2 pm, followed by Francis Mus who will present and sign his new book The Demons of Leonard Cohen (in Dutch) at 3 pm.
These are not yet 100 % confirmed but I thought I will already give an alarm.

Concerto
Utrechtsestraat 52-60
1017 VP Amsterdam
http://www.concerto.nl
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
ddanyc

Post by ddanyc »

Responding to Athnuachan, I am quoting my previous posting on the NYC concert. I don't know whether this will be the format and setlist for the European tour but it might be helpful. I trust that with the NYC/LA/Toronto warmup Sharon's performance will be more polished on the upcoming tour.
I don’t know if it was the intimate venue or not being used to performing solo, but Sharon was remarkably nervous, misplacing her set list, stumbling on the lyrics to Boogie Street and repeating a lyric on Everybody Knows. She even said between songs at one point “wow, you guys are making me nervous”. Somehow this was all very charming.

She sang 4 songs from her new album “Caffeine”, one song (The High Road) from her previous album and, of course, Boogie Street, Everybody Knows, Secret Life, 1000 Kisses and Alexandra Leaving. She was accompanied by her son on guitar and acoustic piano and by a rather superfluous trumpet on a couple of the new songs.

Needless to say, Sharon’s voice was a delight, and it was a treat to see her from 20 feet away. The new album sounds quite promising.
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

Thank you very much for this, ddanyc :D
Hadn't read your post before and it is indeed helpful. The format will probably be similar, and the nerves less!
Sounds like a good blend of LC and SR songs.
Ring the bells that still can ring...
ddanyc

Post by ddanyc »

If anyone who has seen or does see Sharon's performance also has seen or does see Barb Jungr's "Hard Rain" performance (half Leonard, half Dylan), I would be interested in your hearing your thoughts. I saw them three weeks apart and I was rather taken with Barb's swaggering renditions of songs that Sharon performs in more of a polished recital style.

Return to “Related Artists”