Adam Cohen is on Jools Holland's "Later"

Adam Cohen's music, tours, other news
Vicomte

Adam Cohen is on Jools Holland's "Later"

Post by Vicomte »

As stated on Thursday night (16th October) Adam Cohen will be on Jools Holland's show "Later" then the next day (Friday 17th October) at 23h35 there is the extended version of the show.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
cohenadmirer

Re: Adam Cohen is on Jools Holland's "Later"

Post by cohenadmirer »

Only one song from Adam , about 45mins into the programme ,with a nice introduction by Jools Holland ,and lots of other good stuff

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... -episode-5

Only available in the uk , and will expire in a month ( unless you have some way of getting around regional restrictions.)
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

I don't seem to get much luck concerning Adam Cohen, he sang just one song on Thursday night in the usual shortened programme and the same song again on the extended version on Friday. Bizarre really as most invited guests get two songs and after his first song, which we both liked, we were pretty sure he would be singing another but it was not to be. Shame on you Jools !

The other rather bad bit of luck concerning Adam was his "no show" (the reason why we never found out) last July in Hyde Park as one of the supporting acts for the Rolling Stones.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
Neil from The Young Ones
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Here is a video of his performance on The Late Late Show on Irish television last night.

We Go Home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05EwuCI0V-o
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

I personally do not like anything I have seen on video of Adam Cohen, and I have watched a lot of the videos on Youtube. I especially do not like any live clips either. He needs to clean up his language. His Father never had to rely on poor taste. Songwriting and poetry is an art, it is not for everyone.
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

There was no bad or inappropriate language at the London show last Wednesday Cheshire gal. Nor, of course, was there anything untoward on the Jools Holland show. They just played the song.

Wendy
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Cheshire gal wrote: .......His Father never had to rely on poor taste. Songwriting and poetry is an art, it is not for everyone.
Really? Sorry but he was as bad as anyone else back in the day, anal sex, giving head...shall I go on and this was what was written and sung in public, due you think Leonard reverted to being a choir boy in private?
Neil from The Young Ones
sebmelmoth2003

Jools Holland's "Later"

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

apologies for belated notifications :

“I look forward to returning to the Island to share stories about everyone from Leonard Cohen to Jay-Z and from Seasick Steve to Christine and the Queens as they seized their moment in the gladiator’s ring of the Later…studio.”

https://onthewight.com/bbcs-mark-cooper ... s-holland/

https://harpercollins.co.uk/products/la ... 1256049742

Return to “Adam Cohen”