adam cohen and rufus wainwright tour

Adam Cohen's music, tours, other news
cohenadmirer

adam cohen and rufus wainwright tour

Post by cohenadmirer »

Adam Cohen announced as Special Guest on forthcoming Rufus Wainwright Tour!

from November 13th to December 14th throughout Europe ( including uk and ireland )

It would be very pleasing if leonard played the listed UK venues (well spread and small to medium sized) next year!

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=32881
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Joan

Re: adam cohen and rufus wainwright tour

Post by Joan »

Yes - I'm going to the Dublin show - really looking forward to it.
Kind Regards, Joan.
Born With The Gift Of A G

Post by Born With The Gift Of A G »

Booked tickets for the Manchester Apollo show ages ago.

Have seen Rufus several times.

Last saw Adam Cohen at The Roadhouse in Manchester back in October 1998!

Did anyone else on here also attend that gig?
"Little lady.....I AM Kris Kristofferson....."
London: 10 & 11 May 1993; Manchester: 17, 18, 19 & 20 June 2008; Vienna: 25 September 2008; London: 17 November 2008; Paris: 26 November 2008; Manchester: 30 November 2008; Liverpool: 14 July 2009; Paris: 28 September 2012; Manchester: 31 August 2013; Leeds: 7 September 2013.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Born With The Gift Of A G wrote:Booked tickets for the Manchester Apollo show ages ago.

Have seen Rufus several times.

Last saw Adam Cohen at The Roadhouse in Manchester back in October 1998!

Did anyone else on here also attend that gig?
Believe it or not - i was there !
I remember it so well - he was so young and i was pretty young . A very small venue indeed !
I didn't go because he is Adam Cohen , but because he is leonanrd's son
Now things have changed and i would go to see him in his own right !
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Janie

Post by Janie »

Just home from the Rufus Wainwright Concert in Belfast's Ulster Hall. I have seen Rufus before but must admit I was really hoping to see Adam Cohen and thankfully, he was there tonight. What a wonderful evening's entertainment, I would thoroughly recommend it, particularly for those of you who, like me, are suffering concert withdrawal symptoms coupled with jealousy at reading reviews from the North American venues! It felt a bit like a Cohen family reunion and we were treated to 'so Long Marianne' and 'Everybody Knows'. If you do go just make sure you stay for the encore.

Jane
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

I was at the show in Dublin on Tuesday. Excellent all around and I agree with Jane do not miss the encore!! I hadn't seen Rufus before and only went to see Adam but I did enjoy Rufus too. I have a review on my blog, click the link in my signature. Photo uploader there isn't working at the minute but have photos on Facebook at this link:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 28ec4f3094
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
ScottM

Post by ScottM »

Great show in Oxford last night. I thought Teddy Thompson was excellent with his 30 minute slot. Had never seen him live before, but had been impressed with his covers of "Tonight will be Fine" and "The Future" on I'm your Man. No Leonard covers this time however. Have listened to him occasionally since then. Then again the son of Richard and Linda you hope would have some talent and he didn't disappoint. He also features in the Rufus Wainwright touring band on guitar and vocals, so we heard quite a lot of him throughout the show.
Adam Cohen was also also on good form. Again, a truncated show in a support role but he really got the audience going. He played one new song in his set, songs from Like a Man as well as "So Long Marianne" to finish. He really engaged with the audience and regaled us with some funny stories. (Although anyone who has seen him before would not be surprised by the punch lines). He seems to keep improving as a performer and once again we really enjoyed his set.
Rufus was excellent, a great performer. Our first time seeing him live and he provided a brilliant show. Quite theatrical, as you would expect, however this did not detract from the fact that this guy can really sing. Strong performances throughout a nearly 2 hour show and, as we have already heard, a memorable encore. His band and backing singers were outstanding and were given solo spots as well. Overall a great show and if you get the chance I would recommend taking the opportunity to catch this ensemble in action, on this tour.
Last edited by ScottM on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
IrishAL

Post by IrishAL »

I agree with everything you wrote Scott. Well worth going to.

here's a flavour.

Rufus Does Cohen. Everybody knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... -p-4RXocQc

A.
2008: Dublin x2 London Helsinki London RAH M'chester
2009:
New York Weybridge Dublin x2 Belfast Lisbon Bratislava, B'celona Chicago L' Vegas, San Jose
2010: Zagreb Sligo x2 Berlin Gent x2 Florence Marseille Katowice Bratislava L' Vegasx2
2012 Gent x2 Amsterdam X2 Dublin x4 Verona Paris x2,Boston
2013NewYork,Brussels,Prague,Vienna,Zurich,Manchester,Birmingham,Dublinx2,London,Rotterdam,Amsterdam
silver27

Post by silver27 »

Great video, thanks for posting.

If anyone is tempted to see Rufus (and Adam) at Brighton next Saturday, I still have 4 spare tickets. Details are already on a separate thread in Adam's section, although maybe I should have posted here. Face value is £45 per ticket but I'm willing no negotiate as it's getting close and I would like to sell them. Please PM me if you are interested.

I'm still going to Brighton myself and can't wait as it's my first opportunity to see Rufus since 'discovering' him on Leonard's 'I'm you Man'. Since then I've bought all his CDs/DVDs and have not been disappointed; he is a very talented musician, supported by an excellent band. Having purchased my tickets back in April I couldn't believe my luck when it was recently announced that Adam would also be appearing!
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

ScottM wrote:Great show in Oxford last night. I thought Teddy Thompson was excellent with his 30 minute slot. Had never seen him live before, but had been impressed with his covers of "Tonight will be Fine" and "The Future" on I'm your Man. No Leonard covers this time however. Have listened to him occasionally since then. Then again the son of Richard and Linda you hope would have some talent and he didn't disappoint. He also features in the Rufus Wainwright touring band on guitar and vocals, so we heard quite a lot of him throughout the show.
Adam Cohen was also also on good form. Again, a truncated show in a support role but he really got the audience going. He played one new song in his set, songs from Like a Man as well as "So Long Marianne" to finish. He really engaged with the audience and regaled us with some funny stories. (Although anyone who has seen him before would not be surprised by the punch lines). He seems to keep improving as a performer and once again we really enjoyed his set.
Rufus was excellent, a great performer. Our first time seeing him live and he provided a brilliant show. Quite theatrical, as you would expect, however this did not detract from the fact that this guy can really sing. Strong performances throughout a nearly 2 hour show and, as we have already heard, a memorable encore. His band and backing singers were outstanding and were given solo spots as well. Overall a great show and if you get the chance I would recommend taking the opportunity to catch this ensemble in action, on this tour.
This video of Teddy Thompson was just uploaded to YouTube by xarmybrat -

Teddy Thompson - Tonight Will Be Fine By Leonard Cohen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er89HbykEic
Published on Oct 11, 2013

At the Northstar in Philadelphia, PA, 21 Jun 2008
In the spring of 2007 I watched a documentary about Leonard Cohen. It was the first time I saw Teddy Thompson, and he stole my heart away singing this song.
Last edited by sturgess66 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sebmelmoth2003

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

samantha power picked `tonight will be fine` - covered by teddy thompson as one of her discs on desert island discs.

although it doesn't appear to be listed - copyright issues or snafu?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000rbp3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samantha_Power
Patrick Hasselbank

Post by Patrick Hasselbank »

But waht about pandemic? Do they plan to go to Europe? If yes where I can see tourlist?

Return to “Adam Cohen”