Adam with Rufus july 27

Adam Cohen's music, tours, other news
dick

Adam with Rufus july 27

Post by dick »

Was sure I posted on this concert months ago, but can't seem to locate it now.

We have tix for Rufus and Adam together at SUNY Purchase next Friday

http://www.artscenter.org/tickets/produ ... umber=4375
HelenD

Re: Adam with Rufus july 27

Post by HelenD »

I have found that Rufus is touring UK in December - it would be great if Adam was coming too!
:)
dick

Post by dick »

We were fortunate to attend the opening show of Rufus’s “Out of the Game” tour in Purchase NY last night. We enjoyed pre-concert dinner with Rachel (holydove) and her husband Bob.

Rufus was preceded by a short set by Teddy Thompson, and after Teddy, Adam Cohen did a more extended opening set. They were both very well received. Adam was accompanied by the same great duo we saw in NYC in April.

Rufus didn’t come on until nearly 9:30, accompanied by Teddy, Krystal, and bother in law Brad, plus another black female with great voice, excellent guitar player, pianist and drummer. Played a solid two hours plus set that did much more than songs from his new album – encore included Chelsea Hotel 2. Rufus once again proved himself to be a highly entertaining showman, and we think most people will enjoy the show.

Rufus said he was pleased to offer the triumvirate of rock legend children (Teddy, Adam and himself) for the first time. No explanation of why the scheduled Philadelphia show on Wednesday was cancelled at the last minute. Can’t guarantee how many shows will include Adam (Rufus mentioned that Krystal would also get some opportunities to open) but we think this was a nice boost for his career. Very nice venue, very appreciative audience.

Go here for other tour dates and locations, and do catch a show if you can.

http://www.rufuswainwright.com/tour/
holydove

Post by holydove »

Not much to add to Dick's very thorough description.

Rufus is indeed a very interesting, unique performer, his style is fascinating & his singing is beautiful. He is also very charming & adorable.

It was great to see Adam again - he was even better than last time, his singing is very moving & beautiful, & he is a captivating performer (not to mention, very cute & funny & sexy); & his band members provide lovely musical arrangements, esp. the cello (I think he called the cello player Ms. Bloomfield?) - she also played what looked like a miniature guitar (Adam called it a "little baby guitar"!) - I don't think I ever saw an instrument like that before, & don't really know what it is, but it sounded really nice. . .Adam's verbal interludes were also very interesting & funny; & when he thanked Rufus for being kind enough to invite him to play, he said, "of course, he is my brother-in-law"!

Teddy Thompson is also a fantastic, captivating singer & guitar player, & I find Krystal Warren's singing to be really phenomenal, so it was great to see her again too.

And last but not least, dinner with Dick & Linda made the food more delicious, & the evening even more special & delightful!

Return to “Adam Cohen”