A new perspective on ' Come Healing'

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
cohenadmirer

A new perspective on ' Come Healing'

Post by cohenadmirer »

Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
holydove

Re: A new perspective on ' Come Healing'

Post by holydove »

David, I loved that - thank you! Tanja does seem completely absorbed & transported by this beautiful song. And yes,I noticed that little twitch/tilt of the head at the instant the violin comes in -fascinating. Your videography is fantastic, & what a gorgeous cat.
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

David - I watched this earlier today and loved it.
I was just about to post the link in the "Random LC moment I am adoring today" thread - when I noticed this thread
Tanja is beautiful - and definitely seems to be taken with "Come Healing."
Lovely video.

Linda
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Tanya seems to really be deeply pondering the meaning of the words, especially at the beginning. And oh how cute when she perks up when Alex starts to play :D Thank you David.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Thanks for your kind comments.
i'll pass the compliments onto my cat . :D
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

cohenadmirer wrote:Thanks for your kind comments.
i'll pass the compliments onto my cat . :D
As if cats were not already conceited enough ...

But seriously, I like the video, too.
B4real

Post by B4real »

David, I couldn't resist posting this from the Picture Game. :razz:

Tanja closely resembles Hank and the song is the same. The universe does indeed work in mysterious ways!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10371&p=298407&hil ... ng#p298335
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

B4real wrote:David, I couldn't resist posting this from the Picture Game. :razz:

Tanja closely resembles Hank and the song is the same. The universe does indeed work in mysterious ways!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10371&p=298407&hil ... ng#p298335
Lucky cat ! :D It would be rather good to have leonard cohen hold your head and chant at you !
Leonard's work resonates
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

...the measures for cat owners to elevate their horrible little animals would seem to be boundless..it has seen scientically proven that animals ..including cats for that's what they are in case we forget…cannot appreciate or understand music for the simple reason they lack an important musical ability that we possess…relative pitch…
...all humans even us bob dylan fans can recognize that a sequence of notes is the same whether it’s in the key of F or A flat… animals do have absolute pitch but they don’t have relative pitch....

..under laboratory conditions while they have been wired up to all kinds of nasty looking machines cats and other poor animals have be taught to recognize a sequence of notes... however once the notes were transposed to a different key so that the sequence uses the same relative notes but the key is different they were unable to recognize the relationships between the notes anymore…..

..so please no more videos of supposedly musical cats…that's what facebook was invented for…

...and of course please no more binaural laboratory experiments on animals ..not even on cats

ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

liverpoolken wrote:...the measures for cat owners to elevate their horrible little animals would seem to be boundless..it has seen scientically proven that animals ..including cats for that's what they are in case we forget…cannot appreciate or understand music for the simple reason they lack an important musical ability that we possess…relative pitch…
...all humans even us bob dylan fans can recognize that a sequence of notes is the same whether it’s in the key of F or A flat… animals do have absolute pitch but they don’t have relative pitch....

..under laboratory conditions while they have been wired up to all kinds of nasty looking machines cats and other poor animals have be taught to recognize a sequence of notes... however once the notes were transposed to a different key so that the sequence uses the same relative notes but the key is different they were unable to recognize the relationships between the notes anymore…..

..so please no more videos of supposedly musical cats…that's what facebook was invented for…

...and of course please no more binaural laboratory experiments on animals ..not even on cats

ta ken
all true Ken , aside from the obvious anti cat judgements ! Perhaps,though,you are taking what was meant to be a light hearted post a bit too seriously ( though i think you have a reputation for a dry sense of humour ).
By the way , i 'm also a big Bob Dylan fan and the liverpudlian cat in question always runs and hides when i play Bob's music (sadly just like many humans )
Whatever he experiences ,and he is for sure fully conscious and experiencing something , it is nice that he's happy to sit nearby contentedly while i play leonard ! :D
(apologies perhaps for any anthropomorphic assumptions )
Last edited by cohenadmirer on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leonard's work resonates
Evie B

Post by Evie B »

I agree, your cat is beautiful and has exceptionally good taste (as do all cats).

My daughter was doubtful about this until she saw it with her own eyes. When she was moving back in with me, her house rabbits were installed here beforehand and they live in the same room as the computer for most of the time. When I am browsing on the pc I usually play Leonard, and at the time was mostly playing Old Ideas. Whatever they were doing, when the first track came on - Going Home - they would hunker down and close their eyes, and start to "jibber" (rabbit owners will know this is a sign of happiness and relaxation in rabbits, it's a sort of vibrating action with the jaw), and show every sign of listening to the music. I noticed this always seemed to happen and told my daughter who, when she saw it, had to agree. I know, liverpoolken, that what you give is the scientific position but I like to think they find Leonard's music comforting and pleasurable. Science is always being rewritten (flat earth and all that) so I will believe my own eyes on this. They don't always do it now, they have grown used to it, but I just put Old Ideas on now and the one who is awake at the moment, Paddy, didn't hunker down, but started to jibber immediately and then settled down. He is jibbering away as I write this. It is very amusing to watch. I don't care what science says, they love Leonard.

Evie B
...he shows you where to look amid the garbage and the flowers
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

i guess now the forum has reached yet another all time low with posting up cat videos i thought well if you can't beat 'em then join 'em

so here is a video of some cats actually DANCING to leonard's 'memories'..believe me it's so cute.

and now howsabout a special section for cat videos which i'm sure could be hidden away just like the politics section for those who would find such a thing objectionable

...ta ken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzFAYWMxAYA
surrender

Post by surrender »

Ken, a contribution for the suggested cat section (hidden, definitely):

The cats in the well the wolf is looking down....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybj-wWrjhsg

Jarmila
1988: Amsterdam 1993: Nijmegen 2008: Amsterdam|Oberhausen 2009: Cologne|Antwerp|Barcelona 2010: Ghent (8/20-21-22)|Lille
2012: Ghent (8/12)|Amsterdam (8/21-22)|Verona|Lisboa 2013: Antwerp|Brussels|Rotterdam|Amsterdam

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...
(Aldous L. Huxley)
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

now that's one really cool cat...thanks jarmila

ta ken
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

surrender wrote:Ken, a contribution for the suggested cat section (hidden, definitely):

The cats in the well the wolf is looking down....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybj-wWrjhsg

Jarmila
Gratifying that my original post has led to someone sneeking in a video of Bob ...
Leonard's work resonates

Return to “OLD IDEAS”