A new perspective on ' Come Healing'

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
liverpoolken

Re: A new perspective on ' Come Healing'

Post by liverpoolken »

sorry cohenadmirer the whole thing was set up between me and surrender to get a dylan video posted up on 'the old ideas' thread

ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

I think this thread should be shut down - now
Immediately
Without further ado

Anyone who feels the need to make additional comment - just put it in the official setlist thread
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

sturgess66 wrote:I think this thread should be shut down - now
Immediately
Without further ado

Anyone who feels the need to make additional comment - just put it in the official setlist thread
Well it hasn't been locked yet but in so far as anybody looks in i hope the take it in the totally lighthearted way it was originally intended .
May you and your animals continue to enjoy leonard's work for years to come! :D
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Hey David - similarly - I hope my comment was taken in the lighthearted manner in which it was intended.
From my first post - you know that I loved your video - and your beautiful cat - and the lovely song.
And - I'm thinking - "lighthearted" - and a little humour these days - it can't be a bad thing .......... um - I hope?
Otherwise I would be feeling like I had to make myself "perfectly clear" - lol - the thought of which is exhausting. :lol:

Anyway, I am glad to see that no rash action was taken and that this thread is still available.
And I checked - the "setlists" thread seems to have remained unscathed.

Actually - I have been having further and deep thoughts since my last post here. :)
And going to the other extreme - I'm wondering if maybe this thread should be "stickied" !!
So that it remains visible - at the top of the forum.
After all - we do know that Leonard is a Cat Whisperer -
CatWhisperer.jpg
The details about this picture were set forth by DrHGuy - here -
http://1heckofaguy.com/2010/01/19/leona ... whisperer/

I had been hoping that there might be a cat video available with Leonard's lovely "Lullaby."
After all -

Well, the mouse ate the crumb
Then the cat ate the crust
Now they've fallen in love
And they're talking in tongues

I searched on YouTube but couldn't find one. You see - I had a most wonderful cat who seemed to love "Lullaby" - really, I know he did. I would play it for him when things were not so well for him - just a few months ago - but now - my heart is torn - and I am starting to get very, very sad with mentioning ....

The thought occurs to me - maybe I should make my own video even though the picture would be "still" -
And if I do - and if this thread is still available - I could post it here. :)
“There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.”
~~Albert Schweitzer

~Linda

I'm straying - going rogue here - because this video has no cat theme whatsoever!!
Except, of course, for Leonard's lyrics.
I'm sneaking in a link to "Lullaby" -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7MKlC7StFE
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Tanja ~~~ Transfixed in contemplation, as well as enjoying the changes within the song. WELL DONE, cohenadmirer1 !!! YaY, Tanja! Cool cat, indeed. :)

Maybe Bob's sounded too much like a cat outside wanting to pick a fight... and sounding like he might win. Tanja ~ the gentle one ~ said, "No. I'm outta here. And I'm sticking with Leonard, thank you."

You said:

Gratifying that my original post has led to someone sneeking in a video of Bob ...
It also worked to confirm my theory on that cat outside ;-)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

i'm afraid I had to have this beautiful cat put to sleep a few days ago.He was nearly 17 and had mouth cancer.
A very beautiful friend and family member and will be much missed .
His passing was very peaceful , but of course very upsetting
I Don't suppose in truth he was a Leonard fan , but he heard a lot of his music in the house !
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013

Return to “OLD IDEAS”