Old Ideas debuts at #2 in the official Irish Charts

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
musicmania

Old Ideas debuts at #2 in the official Irish Charts

Post by musicmania »

Sony have confirmed Old Ideas is #2 in this weeks charts which will be announced later today. For Irish fans yet to buy it (is there any???) it can be downloaded from the Golden Discs website for €5 for a limited time. Think Sony are determined to get this to #1 in Ireland ;-)
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
Goldin

Re: Old Ideas debuts at #2 in the official Irish Charts

Post by Goldin »

Great!

Lana Del Rey is #1, this is bad news. Will it be a battle between Sony and Universal Music Group?
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Seems so! Yeah not amused at who is #1 and think Sony are now on a mission to get Leonard to #1. I've never heard of a new release and one doing so well being offered at a discounted rate so quickly after release!
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Oh there is definitely a war going on:

First post on Facebook
SMI.jpg
A few minutes later.........
Second post on Facebook
UMI.jpg

Goldin

Post by Goldin »

... a war between the man and the woman...
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

musicmania wrote: it can be downloaded from the Golden Discs website for €5 for a limited time. Think Sony are determined to get this to #1 in Ireland
So those of us who bought it from Golden Discs stores for 14 Euro are now rewarded for our loyalty by having it offered so soon to others for 5 Euro, undermining their own shops? Does Sony pay the difference so, Gwen - I know you're well up in the music business?

This has certainly been a sharp learning experience in the madness of the market...

Still, I'm glad I have the CD since Fri. 27 th. - so it was worth it...! :D

Later edit: Not available for 5 euro now - 9.49 on Goldendiscs site. Fair enough - that's closer to the shop price, allowing for the extras with the CD. If it was only 5 euro that was for a VERY limited time - could it have been a last ditch effort to sell more before the chart info. was released?
Surely not.... :shock:
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Was away for the weekend so only catching up on the forum now. Yeah that was a very short time for the promotion :shock: Sure the charts had being unofficially announced when they announced the promotion so I thought initially it was to boost sales for next weeks charts.
I was in Tower Records on O'Connell Street in Dublin this morning and it is good to see that at least there Old Ideas is at #1 in their charts :D

Return to “OLD IDEAS”