The Muse of Laboratory lithograph as giveaway with CD!

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
tomsakic

The Muse of Laboratory lithograph as giveaway with CD!

Post by tomsakic »

According to Record Store Day Facebook pages, and many FB pages by various US stores, if you buy Old Ideas CD in participating store, you'll get free lithograph.

http://www.facebook.com/RecordStoreDay

Update: Many US members posted this on their Facebook pages so it's confirmed!
Attachments
recordstore muse.jpg
Maarten

Re: The Muse of Laboratory lithograph as giveaway with CD!

Post by Maarten »

Hi,
If anyone managed to get an extra of these, I'd be very interested (I prefer this one over the lithograph that comes with the vinyl or cd package on the official website)! Please contact me if you can help me out, thanks! (pm or email or in this thread).

Thanks again,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

I second what Maarten has said! I prefer this one and had it been on offer in the pre-sale I would have bought it as not a fan of the other one! I'd also appreciate one if anyone has one to spare. Obviously adding my name after Maarten gets one!
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

Count me third, please!
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Perhaps somebody could ask Leonard if he would please make this lithograph more widely available, at a reasonable cost (i.e., not an art gallery price!), because it is really stunning, and I am sure that a lot of us would love to have a copy!
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

I checked the RSD webiste (http://www.recordstoreday.com) and they have a participating store in Antwerp, but I emailed them yesterday and they didn't have the litho... I guess it's for US/Canada only...?
:-(

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

I've copied this thread to the Regular Dose page on FB to see if anyone can help us. I've stated the order from here as to who gets it first. Hopefully someone can help either here or there!
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

musicmania wrote:I've copied this thread to the Regular Dose page on FB to see if anyone can help us. I've stated the order from here as to who gets it first. Hopefully someone can help either here or there!
Thanks! :-)

Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi,
I'm sorted already, thanks to a dear friend whom I will buy a beer or a coke next time we meet, underneath the palm tree I planted myself!

Happy!
Maarten

Winnaar58

Post by Winnaar58 »

I myself have not got the litograph, so I am very happy to see the image here.
Thanks for sharing :D
I didn´t kill myself when things went wrong
I didn´t turn to drugs or teaching
I tried to sleep, but when I couldn´t sleep
I learned to write.
I learned to write what might be read
on nights like this by one like me.

(Leonard Cohen)
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

I also love this lithograph and would appreciate if anyone has any information on where to get it. None of the stores in our area received any promotional materials with the new CD.

Thanks!

Kelsey
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Please could I add my name to the list of people who would like a copy of the new lithograph (I did pre-order the other one but I don't really like it, certainly not as much as the Muse one!)

Is there some kind person who is willing to get hold of the new CD / lithograph package for me as well?

Thanks!

Wendy
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Maarten wrote:I checked the RSD webiste (http://www.recordstoreday.com) and they have a participating store in Antwerp, but I emailed them yesterday and they didn't have the litho... I guess it's for US/Canada only...?
:-(

Maarten
I think you're probably right Maarten. That was certainly what happened with the special RSD single release a few years back. I checked with a number of UK stores at the time but they didn't have it available. I did manage to get a copy buy only through the kind offer of a forum member.

Wendy
bekaert

Post by bekaert »

If any forum member can help me to get one, it would be much appreciated! Thanks.
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

All I have to offer is my eternal gratitude to Tom for creating this thread; I was not aware of this promotion and after reading the thread was able to run to a local store, buy another copy of the CD and get the print. Unfortunately, it was the last one in the store so I do not have any to pass on, sorry guys.
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012

Return to “OLD IDEAS”