The Muse of Laboratory lithograph as giveaway with CD!

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
trish

Re: The Muse of Laboratory lithograph as giveaway with CD!

Post by trish »

foxymona wrote:Thanks bigdee for your help.

I called Rainbow Records, spoke to a really nice guy who is going to check with his boss and call me back. He actually asked me if I want the CD as well or just the poster. Since I already have the CD and also purchased it on iTunes (because my CD didn't arrive!!!), I'm hoping they will let the poster go alone. However, I am willing to purchase the CD if they will ship it to Montreal.

I'm anxiously awaiting his return call.

Mona

Montreal 2009, Fort Lauderdale 2010
Well Mona, did you get sorted? Trish

I echo everyone else's thanks to our American friends :-)
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

Cilbo wrote:Mine also arrived today - USA to UK in just 6 days....so much better than Sony's effort! Thank you Kelsey!!
"USA to UK" can be misleading; Kelsey ships from Washington State, so your lithograph spent quite some time traveling from the West to the East Coast (Approximately 2400 miles / 3900 km), while its journey from the East Coast to the UK was actually shorter (another 2000 miles / 3200 km). 8)
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

A general comment from me:

If you haven't heard from me, all is still well and in order. PM me if you have a question... you know who you are.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

brightnow wrote:
Cilbo wrote:Mine also arrived today - USA to UK in just 6 days....so much better than Sony's effort! Thank you Kelsey!!
"USA to UK" can be misleading; Kelsey ships from Washington State, so your lithograph spent quite some time traveling from the West to the East Coast (Approximately 2400 miles / 3900 km), while its journey from the East Coast to the UK was actually shorter (another 2000 miles / 3200 km). 8)
Good point Avi! I'm amazed some made it so quickly. It normally takes the USPS 4-5 days to ship a package to Idaho, which is one state away from us - who knows... :shock: I'm very interested in finding out the arrival date of the ones I shipped to Poland and Russia!
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

Dear Kelsey!
GOT IT!!! The Muse arrived safely yesterday. Over 5000 miles in just a few days. The litho is just superb.
Once again thanks for your help. You're just great.
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

Bollocks! This is what happens when you have a break from the forum. I know I'm way too late, but if for any reason someone has an unclaimed litho, I'm very happy to buy it off you! crosses fingers...
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Hooray! My litho and CD arrived safely in the English shires today. Took a bit longer than some but our post can be a bit erratic at the best of times - we often of don't get a delivery if they can't find a postie who can fit our village in to their round ......

Thanks again to Kelsey (and her team of little helpers!) for organising this for us and for getting the lithos to us so quickly and so beautifully packaged.

Wendy
Sochijava

Post by Sochijava »

I received mine today too, thanks again to Kelsey!

Paula
Toronto June 6 2008; Ottawa May 25 & 26 2009; Las Vegas 11 December 2010; Montreal 2012; Ottawa 2012; Kingston 2012.
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

Dear Kelsey!
You have done a very good and right thing for many Cohenites. Thank you so much!

Today I received the lithograph, together with The Guardian & Mojo send by my English friend.
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Dear Diane, thank you so much for your kindness, and wow that postage was expensive . I owe you one for sure xxxx
margaret

Post by margaret »

Thank you Kelsey!

I am still away in Burma but used this forum to communicate with my husband who tells me the parcel arrived on the day I left home.

Thanks also to LC and Jarkkos forum. It has been useful to connect with home by pm as email can be difficult here.
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

Now I have my priceless litho properly framed hanging on the wall. Once again - thanks, Kelsey!
muse - oprawiona.jpg
mutti

Post by mutti »

The day I heard about the Muse of the Laboratory poster being a giveaway with Old Ideas from Beatriz I made some calls and drove to a store to get a few. :D
I bought a few for some other friends and myself and shipped them off in poster rolls to friends in Canada, Ireland, Belgium, Barcelona and England.
It was fun to do this as many of those friends have in one way or another given me 'gift's of all sorts over the last few years so I was able to give them something back.(Thank you Albert, Marie, Maarten, Beatriz, Gill, Sheila, Mary, Marie).
The strange thing is the one I sent off first on February 15th to Dublin still hasn't made it although all the others were recieved within a couple weeks or less.
Lucky I have one extra....
I love the poster and will frame it soon.
Cheers! Leslie
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Les,

Thanks to you, all these many friends now have lithos! If we hadn't exchanged e-mails, I never would have thought to call the first record store in Seattle that led me to all the others. What a wonderful chain of events! Thanks for starting it all! Hope to see you again in the not-too-distant future!

Kelsey
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

It looks BEAUTIFUL, too, Mirek!!!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “OLD IDEAS”