Thank you to all.

The Madison Event - before and after
Joe Way

Thank you to all.

Post by Joe Way »

Dear friends,
Fiona and John left Madison today leaving us as the "left behind friends." We still have Emily & Jim and Katie as well as many performers etc. who were instrumental in the event.

I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to so many people. One of the first people to volunteer to help and set up a facebook page and help with the online registrations through Paypal etc. was our dear friend, Avi Elkoni. He was certainly challenged by starting out his own business and he admirably completed the circle by coming to the event and volunteering to help at the opening. He will always be held in high regard for his service to the Madison event.

We are so blessed to have such talented graphic designers, Ania Nowakowska and Kadir Ercan who have so generously lent their talents to our posters, pins, t-shirts and other memorabilia. The poster and t-shirt this year are fantastic and I anticipate having to order more to meet the demand.

The Event Committee which has ranged in size has also been very helpful. I would like to highlight several folks who were there until the end. Dick & Linda Straub, Vern Silver, Bobbie Chalou, Geoff Gompers, Avi, Jarkko, as always, the many folk who gave me casual advice.

I would also like to acknowlege Louka Patenoude who was so helpful during the whole process. It is no surprise that the Friday night concert which he planned and executed was the best attended event.

Thanks also go out to Adam Mamula who did such a wonderful job with the Open Mic sessions and lending his hand to us for the sing along on Sunday night. Adam, you are a professional and a gentleman.

I want to thank in particular the folks who registered and were not able to attend. I've heard from some of you and the reasons are, of course, based on external circumstances. It also took a great effort to get enough folks to register to have money to do the event. There are many who planned to attend, but could not. There are also, some, I suspect, who registered only to support this group of Cohen fans. We owe you all a wonderful thank you who have provided the funds to put on such a succesful event. I wish I could refund money, but it was all needed in the end. I will send you the items and knowing that this may be one of the parts that I can contribute to about this event, I will start to work shortly. Please expect an email or two about it shortly.

I encourage you to go to the forum and watch the videography and the photographs that are so emblematic of our event.

My thanks and gratitude go out to all and I look forward to seeing many of you at concerts and in Europe at events beginning in 2013 and continuing into 2014.

Love to all,

Joe & Anne
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
lizzytysh

Re: Thank you to all.

Post by lizzytysh »

Dear Joe and Anne ~

I've not had time to write a serious word about our phenomenal time in Chicago and Madison, thanks to you two and whoever else helped. For sure, I'll be doing that and, hopefully, someone will take a brief break from all the exquisite Leonard news and read it, and will know how worthwhile our time was with you.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Madison 2012”