Almost survived opening day.....

The Madison Event - before and after
Neophyte

Almost survived opening day.....

Post by Neophyte »

Well, I almost survived my first meeting with LC fans at an Event! Ended up with an extra wristband...one from St. Mary's Hospital. I just lost track of time and was having such a good time that I forgot to eat, and being diabetic, I can't get away with that (usually I'm very careful). Thanks to everyone who couldn't have been kinder and more helpful! After many tests the hospital found me in great shape, but, unfortunately, it was past concert time. Anyway, we were absolutely thrilled with all the interesting people we met and all the beautiful treasures we brought home. Looking forward to tomorrow (minus the personal drama)!
Carol
P.S. Thanks for all the wonderful pictures, Ken!
Hallelujah!!!
Maarten

Re: Almost survived opening day.....

Post by Maarten »

Hi Carol,
Yes, you did give us all a bit of a scare, but we're glad to hear you're doing great again!

See you tomorrow!

Take care,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Hi Carol,
So glad you are doing better. We'll look forward to seeing you today. Sorry you had to miss wonderful performances by John Kloberdanz and Bill Camplin. But more to come...

See you soon.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Neophyte wrote:Well, I almost I just lost track of time and was having such a good time that I forgot to eat, and being diabetic, I can't get away with that (usually I'm very careful).
Carol
Oh Carol, I can empathise with that completely. I too am diabetic and I too forget to eat amidst the excitement of LC related events! I think I'm still paying the price for pushing my body rather too hard in the last mad few weeks of 2010!

Glad to hear you're feeling better and hope you enjoy the rest of the event. But don't forget to eat!

Wendy

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Madison 2012”