Chicago Hotel Room Block

The Madison Event - before and after
Joe Way

Chicago Hotel Room Block

Post by Joe Way »

Hi friends,
As I mentioned in the March/April update, I have secured a block of rooms for the nights of July 30th & 31st, at the Comfort Suites on Michigan Avenue. This is a very nice hotel in an excellent location. The Director of Sales at the hotel, Patrick Kennedy is handling the reservations directly. He told me that he has some availability both before and after those dates for those who intend a longer stay, but you should make the reservations earlier rather than waiting.

Comfort Suites
320 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60601
312/204-6902-Phone / 312-204-6910-Fax
http://www.comfortsuiteschicago.com

The Leonard Cohen Event
7/30/2012 – 8/1/2012

Superior Suites, Internet, Complimentary Full-American Breakfast,
Higher Floor Room Placement, Complimentary Glass of Wine

To Secure Reservations – Please call 312/204-6902
or email dos@comfortsuiteschicago.com

The rate per night for our event is $151 plus taxes.

Again, please email Patrick at dos@comfortsuiteschicago.com

Let's get some head counts of who intends to spend time in Chicago so that we can discuss the plans. As I mentioned, I am thinking of an architectural boat tour (the boat leaves from dock on the Chicago River less than two blocks from the hotel) and then gathering in a Blues Club in the evening. There are many interesting museums and the wonderful Art Institute, Millenium Park etc. to tour on your own.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
lizzytysh

Re: Chicago Hotel Room Block

Post by lizzytysh »

Any women going that are interested in rooming together?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
dick

Post by dick »

Thanks Joe

Patrick was very gracious and our suite sounds very nice!

Linda and I booked July 30 through 8/1 -- heading on to Madison 8/2.
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Joe,
I still have to sort out my flights and will book my accommodation in Chicago soon after. Thanks for the info!

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Joe

Thanks for making these arrangements. You are aware of my circumstances - if I make a booking, will it be fully flexible in case I can't make it?

Thanks

Wendy
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Sorry for the delay in response-Anne & I are in New Orleans right now and having a great time. I suggest it as a side destination if possible for those traveling from other continents. We took the City of New Orleans train out of Chicago. It is nineteen hours to New Orleans but you leave at night and get a sleeper for a reasonable cost, the food is included with the roomette and it is a comfortable train. We left at 8 pm and arrived at 3 pm the next day. New Orleans is a great city that is climbing out of the Katrina disaster by its bootstraps. The food, music and ambience is beyond belief. It has an international airport to fly home from. Don't come here to lose weight, catch up on your sleep or solve any problems-it is called The Big Easy for a reason.

The Comfort Suites in Chicago only takes your credit card to hold the room. You won't be charged until you stay.
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
Crisfree

Post by Crisfree »

Hi Lizzytish!

Are you still interested in sharing an hotel room in Chicago? I'd like very much to save some coins :D
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Crisfree ~ I'm going to PM you :) .
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Madison 2012”