Las Vegas Meetups for Dec 10/11

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Meetups before and after the concerts
mutti

Re: Las Vegas Meetups for Dec 10/11

Post by mutti »

Edlosi I will finally meet you! you can tell me how you are so talented in the Guess the City game...
we can play all night long.
Mutti/Leslie :lol: :lol: :lol:
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
RickD

Post by RickD »

Thank you for all the wonderful work!

attending 7 and 8 - I'm sure adrenaline will win the fight against jet lag!

Thanks again,

Rick
howthelightgetsin

Post by howthelightgetsin »

I'm no longer attending as I'm not going to the concert now.
Aymi Derham photography - http://www.flickr.com/takenby1
clmustang

Post by clmustang »

CLMUSTANG 3,4,5. 8)
W/ GUEST CHRISTINE
birminghamfan

Post by birminghamfan »

Coming for the end of the tour all the way from the UK! Count me in for 345678 in Vegas - will look forward to meeting you all

2008 Manchester Opera House London o2 (July) RAH Birmingham 2009 NYC RCMH Weybridge (damp!) Liverpool 2010 Oakland Portland Las Vegas x 2
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi birmingham fan!

Great decision....lol, maybe crazy decision, but it will be fun and you won't regret a moment!!

Look forward to meeting you!

All the best,
Diana
Purple Princess

Post by Purple Princess »

Birminghamfan - ur not alone coming all the way from UK - just hope this weather doesnt affect flights!!! See u there! ;-)
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

I've had the same thoughts. If memory serves me correctly while flights were cancelled during the big freeze in January ones to the US went ahead so here is hoping we won't be affected!!
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
grannypoe

Post by grannypoe »

Hi all,
I've updated the attendee list on the first page--check for accuracy. Also, this is the latest for meetups:
I've done a "close-to-final" update tonight on names and events; most members have shown a desire to meet at the Bellagio buffet on Thursday night at 7:00--Maarten will be there with nametags before then--there are bars at the Bellagio (the Caramel, for example) to join others for a drink(s) later or at Caesar's (the Seahorse seems to be the quietest); Does 10:00 seem a good time?

For Friday and/or Saturday, I would suggest people meet between 5-5:30 at the Bellagio buffet in order to pick up your nametag from Maarten (if you haven't met him yet),and eat there or at Caesar's buffet, Cheesecake Factory, Max Brenner's (latter 2 in Forum Shops) or wherever your tummy and wallet lead you. After the show drinks can be at the Seahorse. I'll update if I receive any suggestions, which I gratefully solicit :D

PS: If you need to get in touch with me once you're in Vegas, pm me and I'll give you my cell #
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

musicmania wrote:I've had the same thoughts. If memory serves me correctly while flights were cancelled during the big freeze in January ones to the US went ahead so here is hoping we won't be affected!!
We arrived back from Australia via Singapore in snow this morning. Our flight was a bit late but otherwise everything was normal. The biggest challenge in bad weather - for us anyway - is getting to & from the airport.

Wendy - looking out at snow on the ground and still trying to get warm!
caroleb

Post by caroleb »

Hi All

I have been so looking forward to coming to Vegas but I had a minor disaster yesterday...... I fell and I have broken bones in my wrist , hand and thumb and I am now in a plastercast and sling (last Xmas I broke my ankle !!!). Not sure how I will cope but hopefully this will not stop me from coming or enjoying the fun.

My only regret is I wont be able to join in the applause during the concerts.

Smiles
Carole
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

caroleb wrote:Hi All

I have been so looking forward to coming to Vegas but I had a minor disaster yesterday...... I fell and I have broken bones in my wrist , hand and thumb and I am now in a plastercast and sling (last Xmas I broke my ankle !!!). Not sure how I will cope but hopefully this will not stop me from coming or enjoying the fun.

Smiles
Carole
Oh Carole. You are invincible!

Not to worry. Your radiant smile will be felt on stage. And appreciative yelps from the audience are permitted in the "wild west", no hands required.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
holydove

Post by holydove »

caroleb wrote:Hi All

Smiles
Carole
Hi Carole,

When I went to Sweden & Denmark to see Leonard, on that first morning in Stockholm, I fell on my way out of the bathtub & dislocated & broke my finger; I spent the whole morning in a Swedish hospital (it was rather traumatic, as I'm sure that fall was for you, as well!!); & I still went to the Stockholm concert that very night, plus Gothenburg 4 days later, & Odense 2 days after that. I couldn't applaud properly, but one can find ways to improvise (I stomped my feet a few times, among other things) & you still have your vocal chords, & you can still emanate love from your heart! It sounds like you have more broken bones than I did, & I hope you are not in alot of pain, but I'm guessing you can still make it to Las Vegas, & I encourage you to not let the broken bones prevent you from experiencing what is sure to be an AMAZING, TRNASCENDENT, ONCE-IN-A-MILLION-LIFETIMES experience!!

Hope your hand heals fast & hope to meet you in Las Vegas!!
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Carole,

I am so sorry about your misfortune. I had to laugh though, that with all the broken bones, your only regret was that you wouldn't be able to applaud. But, as Arlene and holydove have said, you will find another way to show your enthusiasm and appreciation and we will be right behind you. Applause is not the only way to acknowledge our love for what is happening onstage :D

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

[quote="grannypoeFor Friday and/or Saturday, I would suggest people meet between 5-5:30 at the Bellagio buffet in order to pick up your nametag from Maarten (if you haven't met him yet),and eat there or at Caesar's buffet, Cheesecake Factory, Max Brenner's (latter 2 in Forum Shops) or wherever your tummy and wallet lead you.
If I am reading this post accurately, there is no group meet-up plan for Friday dinner on December 10.

Anyone that is interested in joining me, I've decided to go to the Caesars Buffet on Friday around 5:30 pm.
I will have had a full day recovering from "the night before" and a day of activities.
I am staying at Caesars. So I would like to keep it simple for dinner and then "mosey on over" to the concert.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com

Return to “The World Tour 2010 Meetups”