Re: Las Vegas help -Q and A's/Meet ups etc

Post by tigerm »

If I had to pick any production shows to see in Vegas my top 5 would be:

"O" at the Bellagio
"Love" at the Mirage
"Lion King" at Mandalay Bay
"Phantom" at Venetian
"Mystere" at TI

I can also recommend 'The Rat Pack Is Back' show at The Plaza. Terry Fator's show at the Mirage is really good.

Most of the shows are really quite good. The only ones I have not enjoyed are 'Le Reve' at Wynn-I had free tickets for that show and was underwhelmed and bored by it. Also 'Criss Angel Believe', again free tickets but the whole show concept was confusing in a manner of not really sure what the show wanted to be.
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Post by carlowmike »

by mutti » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:37 pm
Hey Mick
I heard that Cirque de Soleil "O" is wonderful - its water themed.
Thank you mutti and tigerm,
I think that is the show Anne Shipley mentioned - "O" at the Bellagio
;-) .
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
garden of eden

Post by garden of eden »

Sadly, 'O' is not showing Dec.6 through 21st... Their black-out period is on the calendar:
https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pack_ ... is=2010-12
anneeshipley

Post by anneeshipley »

carlowmike wrote:
[color=#000080
I think that is the show Anne Shipley mentioned - "O" at the Bellagio[/color] ;-) .
Mick, it was 'Love' at the Mirage we saw which fantastic but unfortunately it is not on when we are all there
tigerm

Post by tigerm »

garden of eden wrote:Sadly, 'O' is not showing Dec.6 through 21st... Their black-out period is on the calendar:
https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pack_ ... is=2010-12

Yeah, this is a good point. Quite a few of the Cirque shows and others do go dark around early December. It is a relatively quieter part of the year for Las Vegas, so often a good time to close shows for cast holidays etc.
Ronaldson

Post by Ronaldson »

Las Vegas concertgoers might find the following article to be of interest (its from the NY Times and describes the current economic situation in the city).
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/03/us/03 ... ml?_r=1&hp
leonardfan2010

Post by leonardfan2010 »

If anyone is traveling with children, (or not, the show is entertaining for adults, too) I'd highly recommend Mac King's show at Harrah's. It's in the afternoon, inexpensive (you can find coupons around town that give an even greater discount) and is lots of fun.
Mac is an incredible magician and the show is hysterically funny.
Also, in the evenings is Penn and Teller at the Rio, one of my favorite Las Vegas acts, too.

Lynne
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Ronaldson wrote:Las Vegas concertgoers might find the following article to be of interest (its from the NY Times and describes the current economic situation in the city).
Interesting article and unfortunately so true. I lived in Las Vegas during some of its boom years, and have friends still living there....the contrast in times is incredible. It mirrors the same economic woes as most of the US (and many countries) but because it's Las Vegas everything is bigger. I believe it was about 8-9 years ago when LV was the exploding entreprenurial center of the US, with the spreading housing developments to go along with it....and then everything stopped.

Had to smile at the part of the article mentioning the hotel bargains! Obviously Caesars Palace has not heard of the local recession...or perhaps they figure if us suckers (me included) are willing to pay the price, they'll charge it! ;-)

Diana
tigerm

Post by tigerm »

ladydi wrote:
Ronaldson wrote:Las Vegas concertgoers might find the following article to be of interest (its from the NY Times and describes the current economic situation in the city).
Interesting article and unfortunately so true. I lived in Las Vegas during some of its boom years, and have friends still living there....the contrast in times is incredible. It mirrors the same economic woes as most of the US (and many countries) but because it's Las Vegas everything is bigger. I believe it was about 8-9 years ago when LV was the exploding entreprenurial center of the US, with the spreading housing developments to go along with it....and then everything stopped.

Had to smile at the part of the article mentioning the hotel bargains! Obviously Caesars Palace has not heard of the local recession...or perhaps they figure if us suckers (me included) are willing to pay the price, they'll charge it! ;-)

Diana
I am sure you know Las Vegas is an highly transient, tourist city. But as bad as the economy as The Strip is still very busy on weekends. Unfortunately many out-of-towners gambled on owning property in Las Vegas which inflated property prices artificially high-the house next to mine changed hands 4 times in 2.5 years. The sale price was $250K, $285K, $315K, $365-all to Californians trying to flip for big money.

Alas, Caesars has always been an higher end hotel and very popular-more so with rodeo, a big fight that weekend and a few concerts in town. Personally I think the rooms at The Palms are far better than Caesars.
howthelightgetsin

Post by howthelightgetsin »

Had the song in my head whilst making plans, this video is amusing so thought I'd share it with others planning their trip :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFw5a5Bp_Pw
Aymi Derham photography - http://www.flickr.com/takenby1
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

:lol: :D

So cool! The memory of Elvis was still hot when I lived in Vegas! He was a consummate entertainer! Wish the real thing was still around. ;)
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi all,
I'm keeping a list with all the people who will be attending one of the LV concerts and/or meetups and who want a nametag. Please check my list for missing details of yourself!
http://www.maartenmassa.be/LCdocs/Namet ... 0Vegas.pdf

Or read about the nametags here:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23070&start=0

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
tigerm

Post by tigerm »

For anyone who has been on the fence about attending the Sat show in Las Vegas, we are approaching limited availability time. I was at the box office today purchasing tickets for a friend (the fee's are a lot cheaper at the box office). Anyway, the front orchestras are almost all gone (that is $250 seats). The $175 and $49.50 seats are completely sold out of pairs, leaving just a few hundred tickets available in the other price levels.
I would guess there are about 500 seats left, so if you are sitting on the fence about attending the last night in Vegas, now is the time to start reserving your seats.
tigerm

Post by tigerm »

Again availability is sold out for $99 price level, leaving just a few tickets in $250 and $75 seats. Probably only a few hundred tickets left and we will be approaching sold-out very quickly.
antwerp guy

Post by antwerp guy »

I have 2 tickets for sale for Leonard Cohen's final show in Las Vegas, Saturday December 11th.

SOLD.
Last edited by antwerp guy on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
1979 Antwerpen (Koningin Elisabethzaal) - 1993 Gent (Flanders Expo) - 2008 Brugge (Minnewaterpark), Paris (Olympia), Brussel (Vorst Nationaal) - 2009 Antwerpen (Sportpaleis) - 2010 Las Vegas (Caesars Palace) X 2 - 2012 Gent (Sint-Pietersplein) X 2

Return to “The World Tour 2010 Meetups”