Zagreb July 25: meet-up, tribute concert, exhibition, press

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Meetups before and after the concerts
bulat

Re: Zagreb July 25: meet-up, tribute concert, exhibition, press

Post by bulat »

tomsakic wrote:I think he's not meeting anybody, as his manager's announcement says, including Arsen or Ibrica Jusic or any local publisher or translator or musician... Even Bono couldn't went through when he tried to get backstage...
;-) Bono -as if.. :roll:

thnx TOM
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

gallina wrote:Hi friends, COULD ANYBODY HELP ME? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!

I can't go to the meeting Saturday evening as I will arrive just in Sunday afternoon, and I can't get my ticket from Tom. And he will be unavailable in Sunday!

Could anybody keep my ticket and give it me during the day or before the concert? It would be very important, I cant'imagine what could be happened if I would be in Zagreb but couldn't see Leonard.......I am very nervous, please, help me!

Szilvia (gallina)
Szilva

Don't worry we will sort it out for you.

I'm not too sure what I'm doing during the day on Sunday but Margaret has given me you mobile number

What hotel are you staying in?

We could put your ticket in an envelope and leave at reception.

Failing that I'm sure we can arrange a meeting sometime during Sunday

But please don't worry you will have your ticket in your hand sometime on Sunday

ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Hotel reception is very safe place, yes. Gallina's train arrives at 1pm at Central Station.

Don't worry, in worst case I can give you the ticket just before the show... But best way is that Ken or somebody takes it as everybody will be around city on Sunday.

If you're all going with the tram and then bus, the best way is to gather together around 5 pm and the go to the Arena around 5,30.

I know that trams 4, 7, 14 and 17 go by the old bridge (Savski) but I don't know what to do then. Arena is 20 mins walk from there, you can see it... I never was in that part of the city. But Arena usually organises free buses from the tram/bus terminal to the Arena when there's big event.
margaret

Post by margaret »

Thank you Ken for helping out.

I hope everyone enjoys the very first concert of this year. I wish I could have been there with you :(

Margaret
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

PR from Lupapromotion says that trucks and equipment arrived today. There's still cheap tickets for upper rings. They announce general rehearsal for tomorrow also.

They are not mentioning buses for Arena, but they are warning people that they have to be in time as Leonard starts in a minute! In Croatia, it's usual that shows are late for hour or so, so it could happen like in Italy, that half of parterre arrives until 6th song.

The gates open at 18.30, show starts at 20.00 without any minute of delay.

http://www.lupapromotion.hr/project/LEO ... fault.aspx
JOŠ 2 DANA DO KONCERTA LEONARDA COHENA

Leonard Cohen, kanađanin koji je svoj status pjevačke i književne legende dobio davnih dana, u Zagrebu će održati svoj premijerni nastup te otvoriti europski dio turneje nazvane 'WORLD TOUR 2010'. Kako je u Zagreb stigao nekoliko dana prije koncerta radi pripreme za koncert i turneju, ovaj legendarni kantautor je iskoristio priliku te prošetao našom metropolom kako bi što bolje upoznao duh grada i zemlje u kojoj po prvi put održava koncert. Prema riječima njegova tour managera, Cohen je oduševljen Zagrebom te obećaje da će ovaj koncert biti ni više ni manje do savšen. Ekipa koja se sastoji od 50 članova produkcije te 13 glazbenika se konačno okupila, a danas su stigli i šleperi s opremom koja će se danas postaviti u Areni.

Sutra je na redu generalna proba a u nedjelju u 20h počinje trosatni koncert u Areni koja će biti pretvorena u intimno kazalište. Kako je Cohen perfekcionist u svemu tako je i u početku koncerta koji neće kasniti niti minutu, pa pozivamo sve da dođu što ranije kako bi na vrijeme našli svoje mjesto i nesmetano uživali u koncertu.
Vrata za posjetitelje otvaraju se u 18:30h .
Ulaznice za ovaj zaista poseban spektakl mogu se kupiti na svim prodajnim mjestima sistema Ticketpro dok je Internet prodaja zaustavljena. U prodaji se nalaze još samo ulaznice za gornje tribine po cijeni od 300 kuna.
Blagajna u Areni radi u subotu 24.7. i na dan koncerta od 10-20h.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

http://www.zagrebarena.hr/default.aspx?id=58
Autobusom – linijom 234 koja polazi sa Glavnog kolodvora i vozi svakih 25 minuta
Tramvajem – linijama 7 i 14 do novozagrebačkog rotora, a zatim 10-ak minuta pješice do Arene
so, tram 14 to the rotor (it's first stop when the tram pass the big new bridge) and then 10mins walk

or

bus 234 from the central train station
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

gallina wrote:Hi friends, COULD ANYBODY HELP ME? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!

I can't go to the meeting Saturday evening as I will arrive just in Sunday afternoon, and I can't get my ticket from Tom. And he will be unavailable in Sunday!

Could anybody keep my ticket and give it me during the day or before the concert? It would be very important, I cant'imagine what could be happened if I would be in Zagreb but couldn't see Leonard.......I am very nervous, please, help me!

Szilvia (gallina)
I can do it, I'm already here in Zagreb, yay! When will you arrive? I'll PM you my phone number.
Eva
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

tomsakic wrote: They announce general rehearsal for tomorrow also.
[/quote]
If there would be a way to attend that rehearsal... *wistful* I know I'm greedy and I feel quite guilty about it but still can't help wanting more :oops: .
Eva
gallina

thanks a lot

Post by gallina »

Dear Friends,
thank you all for helping me :) KEN, Margaret, Tom and Eva
Szilvia
2009 Budapest
2010 Zagreb, Gothenburg, Florence, St. Margarethen, Bratislava, Las Vegas x2

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2012 Ghent x5, Helsinki, Dublin x2, Verona
2013 Roma, Lucca, Vienna, London
2015 Viladrau
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Rainy morning in Zagreb (as in Salzburg). At least we can breathe! Yesterday was again living hell. If you follow Notes From The Road, you can see that crew is at the venue as preparations for rehearsal and tomorrow's show started.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

The sun shines again, you can follow the building of the stage in Arena Zagreb at Notes From The Road tumblr blog, and the rehearsal is going to take place at some point so we can't expect that band members will make it to our meet-up as this is the final rehearsal (first after LA) before tomorrow's regular soundcheck and the opening show of the 2010 tour. Exactly at 20:00 CET, Arena Zagreb, Croatia. Even I am nervous, the audience member;P
jasmina/r

Post by jasmina/r »

see you all tonight
and tomorrow, of course
I can't wait ;-)
crystal

Post by crystal »

Just want to wish everyone a happy time, a great evening tonight and tomorrw of course. Wish I could be there. Waiting eagerly for the first reports....
Greetings from rainy Berlin, Christel
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

Hi everyone

Those on facebook will already know that last night I met Leonard briefly. Here is the photo:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4 ... 5977782969

The story behind it is that after a rotten day (no electricity at work in the afternoon, netbook computer breaking so I could not really work at home) the whole family and my friend Domagoj went for dinner at a local restaurant (the one jarkko, ken, tom, juraj, jurica and others went to the first evening in Zagreb in March!). Great meal but the evening got worse as Luka got stung by a wasp and went home. Then on my blackberry was the latest twitter update from the road crew showing Leonard clearly celebrating Ryan Patrick Murphy's birthday 'in the pub' which we instantly recognised as the bar of the hotel they were all staying in. Sort of 'it's now or never' feeling meant that Domagoj and I got a taxi to the hotel. Driven up to the entrance and one of the porters opened the door for us. As we get in, there is really no one around in the bar but then Leonard comes out of the gents WC!!! "Leonard Cohen" I say more in surprise than courage. The rest sort of flies by like a fast movie. I remember trying to explain that I had seen on twitter that he was around, that I knew Tom, that the whole family would be at the show on Sunday, that I was so sorry my son was not here to meet him. He was - I dunno - calming, happy, interested in the twitter thing but admitting he didn't really understand all that technology, and saying he needed to look at the menu. Did I think they would still be serving dinner (it was 930pm). Yes, for you, for sure, I replied. I remember him liking what was on the menu. And then I said something like I really don't want to bother you but if Domagoj could take a photo of the two of us, I would be so happy. "Sure, man, no problem" was the reply. I asked how he was doing with jet lag and he said something like it was still there but he was getting through it. Then he said "I must find my daughter". "Oh, Lorca is with you?" I said. "Yes" he said and then led us to where Lorca and Sharon Robinson were sitting. I spoke briefly with Sharon. "I met you in Berlin" I said. "Oh, right, then nice to meet you AGAIN" she said gracefully! I mentioned to Sharon that we hoped to see her at the tribute event Saturday evening and she said she hoped to be there too but did not know the timetable. I wished them bon appetit and a great concert and we left! On the way out, all I could think of was I hope I didn't bother them but it was such a nice experience and so - I dunno - ordinary in its extraordinariness. It was nice the next hour and a half at one of the famous pubs in the centre of Zagreb with Domagoj saying: this is my friend Paul, he's a British sociologist, he's lived in Zagreb 15 years, and we just met Leonard Cohen!!!!!

Anyway, I look forward to tonight and to the concert tomorrow and - most of all - to seeing old and new forum friends!

Thanks for listening!

Paul
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
jasmina/r

Post by jasmina/r »

Great story, Paul! I'm jealous :oops:

Return to “The World Tour 2010 Meetups”