Strasbourg - who's going ?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Meetups before and after the concerts
basecamp

Re: Strasbourg - who's going ?

Post by basecamp »

Looking forward to our next concert in Straßburg.Don't know which hotel I should book! Any ideas?
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Chubi

Post by Chubi »

I know very little of Strasbourg so I thought I'd better check how to get to the Zenith from the centre now:
Tram A goes to "Hautepierre Maillon" which is the last station of the line and then there is a shuttle (Navette Zenith) going to the Zenith here (shuttle on the map under where to park?). The tram stops on both sides of place Kleber (Langstross/Grand' Rue and Homme de Fer) as well as at the main station (Gare Centrale). The full schedule is here. (Check "Période rose" for Sundays. Basically, it runs both ways every 12-15 minutes.) There should be several possibilities for meeting and eating before and after the concert around Place Kleber.
Single tickets cost 1,40 EUR, 24h single (individuel) ticket 4 EUR and 24h "trio" (for 3 persons) ticket 5,5 EUR. Tickets can be purchased at tram stations.
Tomas2007

Post by Tomas2007 »

Chubi wrote:the last station of the line and then there is a shuttle (Navette Zenith) going to the Zenith here (shuttle on the map under where to park?).
I found something about the "navette" here:
http://www.cts-strasbourg.fr/LaCTS/Actu ... fault.aspx

But I don't know when and on what routing/path does it operate... (if it is not intended rather for peak business hours to transport people from Zenith parking to the center and back.) Anyone? Thanks.

(Seems to me Zenith is in a quite convenient walking distance from the last tram stop, but anyway...)
Chubi

Post by Chubi »

And here it says that it only operates during concerts evenings. So if it doesn't on Sunday, I don't know...

And something different but definitely on topic: I just had a look at the French Cohen site and the top forum post is about a public conference titled "Leonard Cohen: spirituel mais non "religieux" ?" being held this Friday by
Alexandra Pleshoyano, conférencière réputée, docteur en théologie spirituelle et professeur associée à la Faculté de Théologie de l'Université de Sherbrooke
. The poster seemed to be very excited about this.
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

chubi wrote:
And here it says that it only operates during concerts evenings. So if it doesn't on Sunday, I don't know...
Sure there will be a shuttle service on Sunday. Leonard Cohen will perform at the Zenith on Sunday.
There should be several possibilities for meeting and eating before and after the concert around Place Kleber.
The problem to find a venue is that there many restaurants and brasseries but most of them will be open between 11.30 am and 3 pm and then again from 7 pm.
Last edited by edlosi on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

I found two restaurants:

- "Hippopotamus", 40, Rue du Vieux Marché aux Vins, near "Homme de Fer", open Sunday from 11:00am - 00:00;
http://www.cityvox.co.uk/restaurant_str ... file-place

- "La Corde à Linge", 2, Place Benjamin Zix, open Sunday from 10:30am - 00:00;
http://www.cityvox.co.uk/restaurant_str ... file-place

Where and when will we meet?
Maulwurf

Post by Maulwurf »

thanks for your efforts, isolde!

i think la corde a linge looks a little more original and comfortable than the hippo.
what do you think?
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

Hi Maulwurf,

that's what I thought.

From La Corde à Linge it's 500m to the tram stop Homme de Fer.
The shuttle service will start at 6:30pm. And the ticket office will open at 7:00pm.

So we could meet around 5:00pm.

Google Maps. La Corde à Linge:
http://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&source=s ... 19205&z=16
Chubi

Post by Chubi »

Had thought myself about having a tartine or some soup at the Epicerie which I see now is a sister business of La corde à linge. It's close to Langstross tranway stop. I'll have a look at this thread tomorrow again.
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

Hi Chubi,

I think La Corde à Linge has a wide choice of menues.

http://www.lacordealinge.com/#/home
howthelightgetsin

Post by howthelightgetsin »

Hello all :)

I'm coming from London on the Eurostar to Paris, then train to Strasbourg tomorrow. If I get in on time and check in to the hotel ok etc... I will come and join you. I can't believe tomorrow I'll be in Strasbourg and seeing Leonard - this deserves more than one smiley face! :) :) :)
Aymi Derham photography - http://www.flickr.com/takenby1
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

I am already in Strasbourg.

So the meet-up will be at La Corde à Linge at 5:00pm.
That's okay for you?

Isa
Last edited by edlosi on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maulwurf

Post by Maulwurf »

hey.

no strasbourg for me -
my (late) summer cold made a heavy return today...

wish you a good time!

vous avez la france entière!
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

Hi Maulwurf,

no good news! :( See you in Dortmund. :)

Return to “The World Tour 2010 Meetups”