the fools they locked up the wrong man

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
alb123

Re: the fools they locked up the wrong man

Post by alb123 »

Robido wrote:"They locked up a man who wanted to rule the world...the fools, they locked up the wrong man..."
That's the poem in its entirety, it's not a quote.
It's pretty simple really they locked up a man who "wanted" to rule the world rather than those who do.
Thank God you corrected the poem. I googled the poem just now because I couldn't remember which book of poems contained this poem. One of the top results was this post, so I thought I would check it out. It's been a while, I needed to visit these wonderful forums again. I was shocked when I saw that the first two posts contained incorrect wording...all the way back from 2006 no less! I was shocked because so many people on these forums are absolutely brilliant when it comes to Leonard's writings, music, etc. I figured someone would have it corrected and if not I was prepared to do so. Thank you, now I know the poem comes from Mr. Cohen's book, "The Energy of Slaves". Mission accomplished. :D :D :D
Waterbury, CT - May 14, 2009
Las Vegas, NV - Dec 11, 2010 (Final Show of Leonard's 3 year World Tour) INCREDIBLE!
Boston, MA - Dec 15, 2012 (Best L.C. concert I've been to!)

Return to “Comments & Questions”