Please help for a song I can't find

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
lapluiequitombe

Please help for a song I can't find

Post by lapluiequitombe »

Hello everyone,

I've heard a song which is, I am sure, sung by Cohen but I can't find it anywhere. Could it be from a soundtrack? It goes:

It’s so easy to go on
It’s so easy
It’s so simple
It’s so clear
I can’t live without love
I’m nothing without you
I can’t live without love
It all means nothing
without someone to love
Someone to love
It’s so simple but true
You can travel down the end of the rainbow
And in the end you’ll see that life is nothing without a friend
Someone to love
I’m nothing without you
I can’t live...

What is this song? Does anyone know? A thousand thanks!
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Sorry, this is not Leonard Cohen's song.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Lapluiequitombe ~

Welcome to the Forum :D .

I hope you find the correct writer for your song, but it's not one that's known as being by Leonard and it lacks Leonard's imprint :( . Sung, it's probably very appealing, however :) . Perhaps, it was a gorgeous melody, a song about love and loneliness, and/or a deep, beautiful voice that caused you to think of Leonard?

It seems like you could plug some of those lyrics into a [song/songwriter?] search engine, somewhere, and come up with something.

~ Lizzy
lapluiequitombe

Post by lapluiequitombe »

Thanks everyone,

It was definitely the voice, which sounds, I would say, like Cohen in the late 80s or early 90s. And the song is 'I'm your man' style. So...
Anyway, shame on me! Sorry, Leonard!

Thanks again!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Lapluiequitombe ~

Perhaps, given a voice that has similarities, it's a 'knock off' of Leonard's "I'm Your Man," then, which makes it easy to understand how you thought it was by him.

No apologies or shame warranted on your inquiry, however; the song may well have been written 'by design' ~ and your presumption a natural one.

Stick around and check further into Leonard's songs [if you're not already familiar] and you'll see what I mean about his "imprint" with regard to the lyrics.

I hope you didn't come up with such a lengthy name for yourself, only to stay for just a short time :wink: !

~ Lizzy
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

It sounds vaguely like Tom Jones, "Without Love."
Microbrew

Re: Please help for a song I can't find

Post by Microbrew »

I too thought this was a Leonard Cohen song. I finally found the answer today. It is called "I can't live without love", but it is by a group named "Laid Back" off of their album named "Why Is Everybody In Such A Hurry" released in 1993.
You can hear a preview here: http://mp3shake.com/en/album/Laid_Back/ ... rry-20158/

Now we have the answer... :) See ya!
micropup2008

Post by micropup2008 »

:lol: I too have been searching high and low for this song. I recorded a fragment of the song from somewhere, I believe it was ascribed to Nick Cave, but now I know, it wasn't Cave at all, but Laid Back. For once Google failed me, but the LC forum came through for me. Thanks very much. Its a beautiful song.
:D
Ron
stefan5641

Post by stefan5641 »

It goes like this:
Off with her,
Dance Dance Dance with her.

I'm not sure if it is off or I'm with her. It a dubstep, trap kinda song. And definitely more than 2 years old.It goes along with a sick beat. If u would hear it u would surely recognise it.

Return to “Comments & Questions”