Help

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Pete

Help

Post by Pete »

I have been away so long. I have a new house and a new computer but cannot get in the chat room. Outlook is misbehaving and can't find the news group..is this it's replacement??
I tried to contact Tim, Marianne and Babz but not sure if my messages are getting there.
This white room is all I have
tonight
it reflects
it contains
the echoes the remains
of my poetic attempts
this white room
is all I have

Has the world changed so much since I left you all.
Pete Needham
is all I have
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Pete

I don't know you from before; however, where you're at now is Jarkko's revamped message board. Previously, it was on a black background, with the table of contents having lots of different, brightly-coloured symbols [burning fires, bright yellows, etc.], some flashing. The writing was in white. Overall, it had a very dark look. The NG still exists. I originally located it via Google. I understand that's not the best way to access it, as it makes reading, responding, and keeping up with what's been input'ed very cumbersome. That's exactly how I found it to be.

I've tried several times to get into the chatroom......I was able to look in and read what others were saying and my name showed up on the list in the upper, right-hand corner, but I couldn't speak. Something with my computer and something not being activated. Have no clue what, however. Still waiting on my computer woman to make a visit.

I much prefer this white room to the one immersed in darkness and appearing like an approach to an airport at night, by air or by highway. Too much conflicting visual stuff going on before, at least for my taste.

Lizzytysh

EDIT: OK, Pete, I just went there. Don't know if this will help, but I'll give it to you anyway. In the Google realm, when I'm on the lead page of it, it has written on the upper-left of the page, "Group:alt.music.leonard-cohen" -- to someone computer literate, this may be enough. If not, that's about it for what I can do to help. I know you'll find it, but it sounds like you'd prefer sooner than later.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Hi Pete
This is the direct URL to the Newsgroup (still going strong):
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=alt.m ... e%3Dgroups

And the chatroom is at
http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/chat
The software makes use of javascript technology so if you have javascript disabled in your browser parameters
you have to change it first.
Also, the software may ask for permission to download a module
(free of course). Answer yes - it takes only a second or two to get
it downloaded. After that everything should work.

Jarkko
peterneedham

Post by peterneedham »

Hi Lizztysh
We'll chat when I get in the chatroom. Tim and Jarkko both helping but I think my new computer has a mind of it's own.
Have found the newsgroup now

Hi Jarkko
I've downloaded java and can get to the chatroom dialogue box but the following happens;
connecting to irc.nebula.fi.6667
unable to connect to server
connection closed

then it tries again
Tim has sent me some suggestiions regarding netscape rather than explorer. I'll try if other things fail.

Thankyou both
Not used to this forum so hope my replies find their way
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Peter.....I'm not in the Chatroom yet, so you'll likely be there long before I am. Your Posts are making it fine here, however.

Lizzytysh
peterneedham

Post by peterneedham »

Lizzytysh

I bet you are there before me

Pete
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Peter.....Ya wanna' race and see who loses first? :) ~ Lizzytysh
peterneedham

Post by peterneedham »

Who will be the beautiful loser?
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Depends on who doesn't place first.....pretty loser.
peterneedham

Post by peterneedham »

I've lost my way
there is no return
my route is obscured
by my innocence
but I will be there
first and foremost
waiting
waiting in the waiting room
reflecting my echoes
explaining my nativity
and pondering my existence

I will not boast
I will say
"what kept you,
was not your route obscured
by misdirection?"
I have a computer man to help me
you have your lady
who is better qualified to show us the door
or give us the key?
See you in the chatroom

Pete
Irene Teresa

Post by Irene Teresa »

IS there a certain time that chats happen these days ? .... :lol:
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Try any Sunday at 16 or 17 Greenwich Mean Time.
Also (European) nighttime there usually are many
in the chatroom.
Jarkko
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Dear Pete....

I won't poeticize my response ~ however, do want you to know that you received honourable mention [as well as a bit of discussion....you used to live near Lizzie?] last night, when I again showed up for viewing-only purposes. Tim conveyed my regrets, via quoting my Post to you [and naming you as its recipient] regarding what occurs when I go there. I enjoyed watching others talk, watched my name remain in the box, which I periodically clicked on and was ~again ~ provided an empty box to type in, were I only able! I clicked on anything I could find to click on and answered Yes to a Yes/No regarding activating something. Ironically, when Tim provided his link for Hydra photos, I clicked on it and was instantly transported there.....so at least I attended a private exhibition, despite being denied access to enter a public chatroom. Lovely pictures....a stunning one of a white wall, with cobalt blue and natural pots with plants in them, adorning the wall at various positionings. Pink flowers below, as well as others. Truly lovely. At the rate I'm going, you will definitely be waiting on me. I also suspect your computer man may be more accessible than my computer woman.

Sweet last stanza.....should I arrive and be waiting, I shall not boast either. However, I suspect you'll make entry first.

~ Lizzytysh
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

To Dem....

"The wind, the wind is blowing....." I've always loved those lines.

The shadows hold me in their grasp....were I only able to come out of them. :cry:

~ Lizzytysh

To Bobbie and Sarah.....thanks and Hi to you, too.... :cry: ~ Lizzytysh
Pete

Post by Pete »

Lizzytysh

regarding computer problems.
Why not e mail me and we can compare notes and helpfully get into the chatroom? E mail available within this forum

Pete

Return to “Comments & Questions”