Obtaining permission to use 'There is a Crack'

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
asphotonz

Obtaining permission to use 'There is a Crack'

Post by asphotonz »

Thanks for the add to the forum, there certainly is a wealth of sharing and information here, a very cool spot.

Just a few days after Leonard passed away on 14 Nov 2016 the town where I live Kaikoura on the east coast of New Zealand experienced a massive 7.8 earthquake. It destroyed all the coastal access roads and cut us off from the world. Nine months later and we still have limited access which is affecting some businesses severely.
I'm a photographer, and over the month post earthquake, I shot thousands of images. I now want to do something with these images and plan to make a calendar initially. The combination of Leonard's death and the earthquake had Anthem in my head for many weeks; it seemed an appropriate song for our circumstances. I would love to call my work 'There is a Crack'. These words sum up our situation in so many ways, and it is also a nod to Leonard, my favourite music maestro.
Can anyone tell me if what I'm thinking is appropriate and how I can obtain permission to pursue this idea?

Thanks much

Andrew Spencer
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Obtaining permission to use 'There is a Crack'

Post by jarkko »

Would you please contact Mr. Robert Kory, Leonard Cohen's manager and lawyer, at rkory@rkmgment.com
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
asphotonz

Re: Obtaining permission to use 'There is a Crack'

Post by asphotonz »

Thank You Jarkko!

Return to “Comments & Questions”